BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im fully behind rovers, the players etc, im not behind the manager. If he wasnt there, we wouldnt be having this discussion, kean is the factor, which is dividing the supporters on this board. Get rid of him and everyone is united again.

I have got to stand up and be counted here, I always want to win, I hate losing, but if losing rids us of Steve Kean it will be for the overall good of BRFC. !

I think you are absolutely right.

TBH, can't see Robbo signing under Kean and despite all the 'noise', Hoilett yet to sign.

Its several days since Kean was crowing about Hoilett signing "within the next 24 hours" and there just being 1 or 2 details to tie up.

Positive spin or simple lie?

im fully behind rovers, the players etc, im not behind the manager. If he wasnt there, we wouldnt be having this discussion, kean is the factor, which is dividing the supporters on this board. Get rid of him and everyone is united again.

I don't think that's true - get rid of Kean and there will still be a split about the owners, as there has been since they took over. That's not a reason not to sack him btw...

I don't think that's true - get rid of Kean and there will still be a split about the owners, as there has been since they took over. That's not a reason not to sack him btw...

There are many reasons to sack him..where do I start ? with any of the records he's broke , worst start to a season , longest run without a win , etc....if we were in the 70's I'm sure he'd appear on a certain kids programme........LOL COS HE'S A RECORD BREAKER

Is anybody else sick of seeing unimaginative headlines with Kean in the title - e.g. Rovers KEAN on Raul; Rovers KEAN on new signings. Kean as mustard, Kean as a cucumber....

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

I'd love to see a "Rovers Kean to sack their ###### manager!" headline

I'd love to see a "Rovers Kean to sack their ###### manager!" headline

I would like to see Keane go as well, but if he starts getting results then he will start to get some backing. I really hope they don't sack him before we have a replacement as that would be self destructive given our start.

3 games and if no points, should be a goner

I am really undecided about this fella.

On the one hand he is a convicted drink driver, a yes man, a back stabber (my opinion), a liar, and all round seemingly not nice guy.

On the other he is trying to bring together players that will play football how it should be enjoyed, not the mundane stuff we have been served up previous to him being manager. Under the previous regime I left games having witnessed a victory but feeling rather empty.

Having said that, I made the mistake of watching rovers at villa last season and it was as bad a game as I have ever watched, so he doesnt get it right all the time.

One thing I do know, I will be at Fulham supporting Blackburn Rovers, and if we win and Kean keeps his job, then great. If we win the week after and Kean keeps his job, then great. I support the team and if they are winning I am happy.

Roll on Sunday.

I am really undecided about this fella.

On the one hand he is a convicted drink driver, a yes man, a back stabber (my opinion), a liar, and all round seemingly not nice guy.

On the other he is trying to bring together players that will play football how it should be enjoyed, not the mundane stuff we have been served up previous to him being manager. Under the previous regime I left games having witnessed a victory but feeling rather empty.

Having said that, I made the mistake of watching rovers at villa last season and it was as bad a game as I have ever watched, so he doesnt get it right all the time.

One thing I do know, I will be at Fulham supporting Blackburn Rovers, and if we win and Kean keeps his job, then great. If we win the week after and Kean keeps his job, then great. I support the team and if they are winning I am happy.

Roll on Sunday.

Whatever else you say, there is one statement we can all support----------------"he doesn't get it right all the time"!!

Of course if he was capable of guiding the team to regular results (not the occasional win against crisis teams), then the poll result would be the reverse.

The majority of fans gave him the best part of 9 months, in spite of some terrible results, but the only thing he's proved is that he's not up to the job and is taking us on a one-way trip to the Championship.

If he had anything about him, he'd be a man and admit that he's not up to it and let a proper manager take over, but unfortunately his morals seems lower than his managerial skills.

And I'm still yet to see proof of effective tippy-tappy football under Kean.

All it seems to be is small patches of short passing inbetween what the ungrateful minority referred to as 'hoof ball' under Big Sam.

Exactly right Andy.

My view is this, if some ITKer said, 'yes, we lose at Fulham and he's gone', 'and don't worry it won't be Jensen', then a defeat could be for the greater good- ie The Wigan defeat was a pivotal one for BRFC.

However, we've heard it all before, I still can't see him being sacked if we lose the next 3 games, so for me we need to win.

Exactly right Andy.

My view is this, if some ITKer said, 'yes, we lose at Fulham and he's gone', 'and don't worry it won't be Jensen', then a defeat could be for the greater good- ie The Wigan defeat was a pivotal one for BRFC.

However, we've heard it all before, I still can't see him being sacked if we lose the next 3 games, so for me we need to win.

If we lose the next three games, after just six games, we will be a massive 9 points down on the same fixtures last season.

IMO, we are already in crisis, continue for much longer and our position will become well nigh hopeless.

• Backroom

Exactly right Andy.

Have to agree with this... if it was a definite, 100% that Kean would be sacked if we lose at Fulham then so be it, I wouldn't bemoan a loss if it contributed to the greater good.

However, as Matty says, we've heard it all before - from the most informed posters on here, too, and yet despite that Kean has remained in place. I won't believe anything about his future until he's officially removed from his position, until then I consider him close to untouchable in Venky's eyes and so will not be hoping for a loss at Fulham.

I'm in two minds at the moment. He has brought a lot of players to the club this window - Goodwillie, Simon, Petrovic, Dann, Yakubu - plus Rochina and Formica now seem up to speed. He has only really now got the resource to 'play his way'. So a buig part of me wants to see what he can achieve. The other side of the coin is clearly three straight defeats point to massive trouble......

Whoever comes in to replace needs to be real established quality - not a long range gamble.

I'm in two minds at the moment. He has brought a lot of players to the club this window - Goodwillie, Simon, Petrovic, Dann, Yakubu - plus Rochina and Formica now seem up to speed. He has only really now got the resource to 'play his way'. So a buig part of me wants to see what he can achieve. The other side of the coin is clearly three straight defeats point to massive trouble......

Whoever comes in to replace needs to be real established quality - not a long range gamble.

I hope Rochina is up to speed, he was against a revserse div 1 team when he scored but he could have scored against them when he was 15.

I wonder if when he plays he will be a team player, keep the tricks simple and use the flashy tricks for when he is one on one in the final third and not a conjested midfield, will he make good decisions on the ball and will he be played in a position where he doesn't have defensive responsibility or has he improved in this area.

Guest Rovers4Good

:rover: dunny,s retiring at the end of the season :brfcsmilie::blush:

There's no way he'll retire just yet and Rovers are in talks to give him a new deal, don't know why as he's not had a decent spell in the team since he resigned. :(

If we lose the next three games, after just six games, we will be a massive 9 points down on the same fixtures last season.

IMO, we are already in crisis, continue for much longer and our position will become well nigh hopeless.

No, this is untrue. Hughesy is adamant that we are an "established Premier League side."

There's no way he'll retire just yet and Rovers are in talks to give him a new deal, don't know why as he's not had a decent spell in the team since he resigned. :(

Well he wouldn't be in the team if he's resigned would he? ;) But I think what you actually meant to say was "since he re-signed"

my information is.. kean has the next 4 games to improve results.

fulham, a

arsenal, h

newc, a

city, h

sunday and the newcastle game represent kean's best chances of getting results IMO.

i think we'll win on sunday. ive seen their games so far.. and we've played better than fulham have (in the prem.. )

on kean contracts buying players silence.. people have a point.. i dont agree with it, but it goes on everywhere.

fulham, a

arsenal, h

newc, a

city, h

sunday and the newcastle game represent kean's best chances of getting results IMO.

i think we'll win on sunday. ive seen their games so far.. and we've played better than fulham have (in the prem.. )

I wonder if 4 points out of 12 will be enough.

My advice to any team playing against Blackburn, target Salgado and you'll get chances (like they don't know that).

• Backroom

fulham, a

arsenal, h

newc, a

city, h

Lose all of those and it'll be too late.

Archived