BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011 Summer Transfer Window Roundup

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been away on holiday for 4 weeks, can someone be very kind to round up the transfer window for me?

I know we have bought in Dann(Which was a huge surprise), Yakubu and a few other players I don't really know much about.

Raul I heard wanted to come but Schalke wouldn't release him?

Thanks in advance.

Incomings:

Dann

Vukcevic

Petrovic

Goodwillie

Yakubu

Slew- Young striker from Sheff United.

Outgoings:

Emerton- gone to Sydney FC

Diouf- released on a free.

Andrews- on Loan to Ipswich

Kalinic- gone to Dnipro.

Seems a very good window, probably our best in a very long time.

Where has the money come from?

General mood of the fans?

Mixed as except for the Dann and Simon (Vukcevic) transfers there are question marks over the others (experience etc) added to that the vast majority of fans are well and truelly against Kean.

Money came from the sales of Kalinic and Phil Jones.

Well, best since Summer 2009. Is 2 years a 'very long time'?

Since when was 2009 a good window? We have the benefit of hindsight on that window and it wasn't exactly a glowing success. N'Zonzi. That and the permanent signing of Givet.

The failure to sign a good enough right back still haunts us.

[Edit] Just realised, it was great because it was in the past. My mistake.

Since when was 2009 a good window? We have the benefit of hindsight on that window and it wasn't exactly a glowing success. N'Zonzi. That and the permanent signing of Givet.

Exactly, you're using hindsight. So by your logic you can't call this a good window until we have found out what all these signings do, is that right?

You have to compare like-for-like, how you felt on 1st September 2009 versus how you felt 1st September 2011 otherwise it's not a fair comparison and you're just skewing it to fit your agenda.

Without the benefit of hindsight (as we can't use it for this window), 2009 was just a good a window as the one that has past.

Exactly, you're using hindsight. So by your logic you can't call this a good window until we have found out what all these signings do, is that right?

You have to compare like-for-like, how you felt on 1st September 2009 versus how you felt 1st September 2011 otherwise it's not a fair comparison and you're just skewing it to fit your agenda.

Without the benefit of hindsight (as we can't use it for this window), 2009 was just a good a window as the one that has past.

That's stupid logic. I'm using all the information I have to judge this window and all the information I have to judge the 2009 window.

By your logic you can't judge this window yet, but you are doing, by judging it negatively.

That's stupid logic. I'm using all the information I have to judge this window and all the information I have to judge the 2009 window.

Comparing two things using the same variables is stupid logic, um yeah OK????

By your logic you can't judge this window yet, but you are doing, by judging it negatively.

When have I judged it negatively? Where have I said 'this window was crap'? Where have I said this window has been a disaster? I'll wait for you to find some quotes, I'll be waiting a long time though as I've never made those claims.

I am simply making the point that on paper this window is very similar to the 2009 one in terms of money spent, players bought and potential brought in. I don't agree with the statement that it's been the best window "in a very long time" [yet]. How does that translate to me saying this window was negative?

Comparing two things using the same variables is stupid logic, um yeah OK????

No, by withholding information. It's too early to judge the proper success of this window, but we can still judge how it seems now. You can't really still judge an old window from the same equivalent time becuase you have more information.

When have I judged it negatively? Where have I said 'this window was crap'? Where have I said this window has been a disaster? I'll wait for you to find some quotes, I'll be waiting a long time though as I've never made those claims.

You compared it to a crap window about 3 posts ago.

Mixed as except for the Dann and Simon (Vukcevic) transfers there are question marks over the others (experience etc) added to that the vast majority of fans are well and truelly against Kean.

Money came from the sales of Kalinic and Phil Jones.

I thought the Jones money went straight to the bank to help clear the overdraft?

No, by withholding information. It's too early to judge the proper success of this window, but we can still judge how it seems now. You can't really still judge an old window from the same equivalent time becuase you have more information.

So wait a minute, my original post that you quoted was disagreeing with the statement "This has been the best window in a very long time", so are you saying you're agreeing with me on that point (as we don't have the information to make that claim yet)?

You compared it to a crap window about 3 posts ago.

I don't agree the 2009 window was crap, even with hindsight. N'Zonzi and Givet have become solid members of the team and Kalinic was mis-used in my opinion.

I thought the Jones money went straight to the bank to help clear the overdraft?

No one knows for sure what cash was spent and where it came from all we know for sure is Jones + Kalinic + Fielding was somewhere in the region of 12-15m now and 26-28m when its all in and our outlay was 12-16m now maybe eventually rising to around 21-22m .. for example no one knows exactly how we ended up with an 18m overdraft when Venkys transfered the existing debt to the holding company.

Hindsight shows what a bargain Hernandez of mufc is. Not a rovers fan on here that wouldn't have paid that today for him. He was a huge gamble last year. Only time will tell

but man utd can take those gambles, we cant. As for the window, been a decent one but nothing spectacular, still short of a quality striker, a position we were crying out for, to be improved and we havent done that. Now we have to go through to january with roberts, yakubu and goodwillie, none of which are proven/good enough. We spent good money on an area we could have gotten away with till the next window as we kept samba who would have held the defence together, the same cant be said for up front. Most teams in the premiership now have a player capable of getting into double figures whereas we havent, just hope there is enough goals in other areas of the team to help us muddle through.

I agree with most of your post roverandout. Apart from yakubu, he was a prolific striker before he was out injured for a year then he coudnt get a look in. Then got 10 goals in 19 in champ. If he gets starts id expect 10 minimum from the yak. spech with formicas work rate. but kean putting these 2 together is a whole different headache. but your right we do need another decent striker.

No one knows for sure what cash was spent and where it came from all we know for sure is Jones + Kalinic + Fielding was somewhere in the region of 12-15m now and 26-28m when its all in and our outlay was 12-16m now maybe eventually rising to around 21-22m .. for example no one knows exactly how we ended up with an 18m overdraft when Venkys transfered the existing debt to the holding company.

think your maths is a bit crap .. phil jones alone was at least 16m so your 12-15 NOW is pure crap. your just spinning and it stinks.

Question on Fighting Talk "Who's had the worst transfer window", Perry Groves chose us because we didn't sign Raul or Ronaldinho like we said we would...nob

In some ways that does make an adequate summary of our situation. (Although I agree with your assessment of Groves).

This would have been a very decent transfer window under the Trust. Albeit, I have concerns over the Yak's abilities without Hughes and co around for a Lazarus-style recovery.

However with the setting of expectations by Venkys, even this window feels like a let-down, considering some of the names we have been linked with.

They need to start going about their business quietly from now on, even if they do manage to lure in a star name. Keep schtum until he is signed. Remember all the hype when Andy Cole was signing? All the angst and misinformation and media ridicule before he finally arrived?

No? Me neither.

think your maths is a bit crap .. phil jones alone was at least 16m so your 12-15 NOW is pure crap. your just spinning and it stinks.

It was reported at the time that Rovers were to receive some of the money now and the rest later. How much now and how much later may be debated, but saying it was all paid up, is just wrong. There is no spin,the face is that not all the money was paid. There is also additional money for certain critera being met as well.

It was reported at the time that Rovers were to receive some of the money now and the rest later.

That's fairly commonplace. Rovers will have done the same themselves. Therefore, it makes no difference to the amounts available.

Phil Jones, Kalinic + Venky's £5m/transfer window = £27m incoming. All of which Venky's promised would be available to the manager. What happened?

That's fairly commonplace. Rovers will have done the same themselves. Therefore, it makes no difference to the amounts available.

Phil Jones, Kalinic + Venky's £5m/transfer window = £27m incoming. All of which Venky's promised would be available to the manager. What happened?

It went on repaying Venky debt?

They might be waiting till they get one, after all you can only trust so much the person at present who's main claim to the job was he knew how to put the training cones out.

Looks like a successful window to me. Say what you will about Kean/Venky's, but the fact is we are bringing in players of the right age for the right price.

We are almost as strong defensively as last year(J.Jones being the exception but we only had him for half a season)

We have more options in midfield, and I'm certain we are better up front as well. Kalinic/Santa Cruz/M. Diouf offered little and I wouldn't be surprised if Yakubu alone gets more goals this season than all of them put together last season.

Archived