BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

We need a win for sure tomorrow and I think we will hopefully. Fulham have not good in any of their games I've seen this season.

I would play Yakubu or Goodwillie up front with Formica.

This would be my team tomorrow:- Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Dann, Givet; Hoilett, Grella, Nzonzi, Olsson; Formica, Goodwillie.

Subs:- Bunn, Hanley, Vukcevic, Rochina, Petrovic, Roberts, Yakubu.

I will try to be positive and say we will win 2 nil. Goodwillie and Olsson to score!!!

COYB!!!!!!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-----------------Robinson-----------------

----Salgado----Dann----Samba----Givet-----

--------------Grella---Petrovic-----------

----jnr------------------------Olsson-----

---------Formica(free role)---------------

---------------------Yakuba---------------

Copied from Veeves but I would pick this side...alternatively swap giver for Olsson and put Vukcevic in!

Depends but to be honest Kean will definitely pick Roberts and will probably say Dann isn't ready!

Grella is a definate for me if "fit"......he is a very good player if you can get him on the pitch! IF

I would be confident of a decent result if we had a manager.

We haven't, so a 1-0 defeat will confirm our place in the Championship.

A 7-0 defeat will not result in our relegation neither will an opposite result least to top 6,i love the' we WILL' line, do you remember you said the same thing on a regular basis last season?

any way for what its worth,i think we'll win 2-1 tomorrow with yaj on the score sheet.

-----------------Robinson-----------------

----Salgado----Dann----Samba----Givet-----

--------------Grella---Petrovic-----------

----jnr------------------------Olsson-----

---------Formica(free role)---------------

---------------------Yakuba---------------

Mixture of callow youth, ageing legs and one or two who are just not good enough.

In short, a relegation team.

I dont know whether feel optimistic or pessimistic yet. It all depends on the team selection. If Roberts is involved then its a defeat. If the likes of Goodwillie/Formica or Yakubu start then I think we could get a win. Really hope that Olsson plays further up the field tomorrow as well. Kean doesn't deserve any more chances after this match. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season but losing 4 from 4 isn't good enough regardless of anything else.

Also, I was at the Emirates today, Im far far more confident of taking points away from Arsenal at home then Fulham away. 4 points in the next two games is achievable if the team selection is right.

Like bennyboyt on page 2, life has conspired to prevent my trip down south with an afternoon at this game; so I'll be at home listening to Radio 5 [i'm just outside the Radio Lancashire catchment area and won't subscribe to Murdoch (Phone-hackers) Inc].

A friend of mine in the Toon Army who was in the Gallowgate End when Fulham were at St. James Park the other week said that, although Newcastle were crap, Fulham were crapper. On that basis; and in view of the Everton game being one of the strangest ever [we really should have won that one], I'm going for us to get at them and bring home the three points which will lift us into the lower reaches of mid-table.

Team for me:

Robinson;

Salgado [reluctantly; who else?], Samba, Dann, Olsson;

Formica, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Hoilett

Goodwillie,

Yakubu.

As others have observed, this feels almost like an embarrassment of riches, compared with the team we might have suggested for this game last season and means we can have a bench including Bunn, Nelsen, Hanley, Dunn, Pedersen, Rochina, and Slew.

Well he didn't actually waltz but yes, that's a first hand account.

I think you're making a bit of an chicken-or-the-egg argument (excuse the pun) there. I'd argue he is being 'slagged off' and people are 'calling for him to lose his job' as a result of what he's done (and not done) in his time as manager. Therefore, however natural a reaction, it was still a situation of his own (and his advisors) making.

I agree but to be fair he hasn't been fancied by many from the start (me being one of them). So he has never been accepted, maybe that is where it comes from? Still the wrong reaction from him either way if you ask me.

And don't excuse the pun, it genuinely made me laugh!

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow, just hope he starts Goodie, Formica and Simon. :brfcsmilie:

The paper was saying if we lose it would be our worst record since 1888.

Well; as we began that first-ever League season with a win and three draws [6 pts on today's calculation], why don't we just say that, even if we win, it'll be our worst ever start to a League season?

The result aside, my enduring memory of last season's game at Fulham was Steve Kean getting off the Rovers coach outside the ground and going straight over to a group of Fulham fans to sign autographs.

A guy near us even shouted over to Kean " Hey, Steve, what about your own fans?"

Kean's reaction? Completely ignored him and waltzed off into the ground.

Same fixture this season, and he's still showing the same contempt to his own fans.

Someone in Kean's situation should be doing all he can to get the respect of the fans and at least try to create a seige mentality amongst us. We can't even say "Well he's crap but at least he's one of us".

For me, the sign will be whether he's on the team coach after the game. Or will his chauffeur be taking him back to his home in Weybridge?

Sorry, Steve; you may think that's harsh, but if you want to get us fans onside, you've really got to do something to show us that you don't show the contempt you demonstrated last season.

• Backroom

On the pitch we actually have a few reasons to be optimistic in Hoillet, Formica and the likes of Dann and Vukcevic could fit in well, sadly we also have reasons to be pessimistic ie Salgado and Roberts (who simply cannot start surely. Surely????)

I think we'll play well and lose to a debut goal from their new guy and the token Duff goal.

I'd feel more optimistic if it wasn't on Sky, every time I watch us on Sky we seem to lose.

To be honest even if we had a decent manager, say hughes, fulham would fancy a win. Thay are at home with a new star striker. We have a chance of a win but no better than four in ten. The wolves and everton losses have sealed keans fate imo. No way we can come out of the next four games with enough points to keep his job. Issue is who we get in someone to get the home wins.

could someone explain to me something I am surprised no-one picked up on it in the first game against wolves he played MGP on the left and Jnr on the right then for the next game he swapped the wingers round by playing Jnr on the left & MGP on the right why was this?. Playing players out of position is just not on & is asking for trouble. I also noticed for both games against wolves N'Zonzi & Hanley at CB with Salgado at RB & Olssen at LB but Givet at RB vs villa I thought esp. with N'Zonzi at CB and Salgado having trouble with pace esp. with such a weak back line we should have gone 4-2-3-1 with Pet & N'Zonzi protecting the back 4 even against villa Salgado got tore to pieces with N'Zogbia's & Agbonlahor's pace and a 4-2-3-1 would have been a better formation one thing bugging me can Kean not see pacy tricky wingers are targetting salgado and the only way to combat is to give him extra protection or is he just blind? I also feel given Fulham's winger in Duff & Dempsey up front being away from home we can't really afford to be too open otherwise Duff/Ruiz/Dembele etc will have a field day with salgado's lack of pace so to get anything out of the game this is the most sensible lineup & one which we should have a chance of claiming a point out of:

Robbo

Salgado Samba Dann Givet

Petrovic N'Zonzi

Hoilett Formica Olssen

Goodie

Subs: Bunn,Vucevic,Yak,Ribeiro,MGP,Roberts,Lowe

I feel esp away from home we need to take the cautious approach & not be as open thus giving Salgado a decent amount of protection I also notice as well from the first 2 games the personnel are good enough the main problem being he always plays the wrong system without even considering the strengths of the opposition expecting those threats to not materialise I conclude he does need to think about this when considering his lineup hoping the oppositions goal threat won't materialise is worrying and reckless at best. Rant Over!.

Although I should know better, I have big hopes and expectations of The Yak tomorrow. Hope he gets a start and a decent performance.

I predict a typically open game ending in a score draw with both teams feeling they deserved to win.

Archived