BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

People say Kean is an unlucky manager, but this couldnt be further from the truth.

I just removed my hands from my eyes to look at the league table a win against fulham could put us out the bottom 3 or within touching distance...how many times has this been said already?? How on earth are we not dead and buried!!!

I guess we will lose or draw to fulham and yet STILL have a strong chance that yet "win the next game" we will be out the bottom 3.

Other teams doing just as bad around you is keeping you within a chance of survival as you are playing awful & cant buy a win with a proven terrible manager is LUCKY!....The steve Kean's clown car rolls on.. when does kean get drunk enough to decide to turn the next corner??

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the front of the man, tbh. If I was in his position, I would honestly resign. Where's the pride and the dignity? If I had lost the amount of games he has, and knew the fans hated my guts and would never accept me even if I *COULD* turn it around, why would I hang around? Steve Kean knows he's out of his depth but he's hanging on because he wants to take the club for every penny it's got. It's funny how this somehow paints him as some kind of martyr by our media friends.

I can't believe the front of the man, tbh. If I was in his position, I would honestly resign. Where's the pride and the dignity? If I had lost the amount of games he has, and knew the fans hated my guts and would never accept me even if I *COULD* turn it around, why would I hang around? Steve Kean knows he's out of his depth but he's hanging on because he wants to take the club for every penny it's got. It's funny how this somehow paints him as some kind of martyr by our media friends.

One Million Dollars

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

I can't believe the front of the man, tbh. If I was in his position, I would honestly resign. Where's the pride and the dignity? If I had lost the amount of games he has, and knew the fans hated my guts and would never accept me even if I *COULD* turn it around, why would hI hang around? Steve Kean knows he's out of his depth but he's hanging on because he wants to take the club for every penny it's got. It's funny how this somehow paints him as some kind of martyr by our media friends.

Get a grip mate, course you'd hang around until they sacked you....so you would just forget the £1 million would you..? :0

What Coco said about Samba:-

"We want to add to the squad. He is not for sale, he is seven or eight months into a five-year contract and he is certainly a defender that we feel he has a presence and he has held us together and is a big part of what we are trying to do."

Yet again the phrase 'what we trying to do' crops up, why won't any bloody journalist ask him exactly what that is, if it's destroying our club then I agree, everyone can see that.

Get a grip mate, course you'd hang around until they sacked you....so you would just forget the £1 million would you..? :0

As a matter of fact, I would. I'd be embarrassed to still be in a job, not to mention the stress it would all put on my family. I'd have the dignity to walk away and be thankful I had the opportunity in the first place.

Just was unlucky unough to catch Coco on the telly - quickly hit buttons to get rid. But one of his words stuck with me and is irritating me almost beyond belief. The word was 'unfortunate'. I haven't the energy nor the inclination to check on his past pressers but I bet this is nearly his favourite word behind the P-word. Some things in life are unfortunate, others, you can and should do something to prevent/avoid.

Stress isn't a football manager struggling to do his job properly.

Worst case scenario is you lose games and get relegated.

Stress is a paramedic/doctor whose direct and immediate actions result in a person either living or dying.

Stress is a man whose circumstances mean that he worries about paying his mortgage and maybe not having a house for his family to live in.

If Kean thinks he's stressed he needs to get some perspective.

As a matter of fact, I would. I'd be embarrassed to still be in a job, not to mention the stress it would all put on my family. I'd have the dignity to walk away and be thankful I had the opportunity in the first place.

What stress on the family ? :lol: ...........Sitting pretty in the Surrey countryside,kids in private schools,dads away 4 days a week,not sure what he does as no one speaks about it in this house.

Mum's more than happy,beats running that launderette in East Kilbride. :wub:

Stress isn't a football manager struggling to do his job properly.

Worst case scenario is you lose games and get relegated.

Stress is a paramedic/doctor whose direct and immediate actions result in a person either living or dying.

Stress is a man whose circumstances mean that he worries about paying his mortgage and maybe not having a house for his family to live in.

If Kean thinks he's stressed he needs to get some perspective.

Those jobs can of course be very stressful but I also know several paramedics and doctors who do not feel stress. Stress can also be caused by being in a job/situation that is made impossible for you or where it is beyond your abilities to succeed. In that situation it is very possible to be under significant stress. Add to that the highly visible nature of failing in your job in front of thousands of people who are (understandably) giving you abuse for it, with your family able to watch on and I can personally understand someone feeling significant stress- even if it is just about winning/losing football matches (more the latter for our Steve, eh?!). I think thats what Topman was suggesting and why he was saying in that situation he would resign as the money would be less important. I would too. But we are all different in what is important to us, I suppose. For Kean I am sure the money and lack of future employment opportunities will mean he will withstand all hatred, ridicule and stress to cling on to to the job until Venkys put him out of his misery.

What stress on the family ? :lol: ...........Sitting pretty in the Surrey countryside,kids in private schools,dads away 4 days a week,not sure what he does as no one speaks about it in this house.

There's a lot of things no-one talks about. Steve Kean is the elecunt in the room.

To me the players haven't been playing for Kean this season quite the same way they did last, possibly the Court case had a bearing on that, and he should have been replaced after the second half capitulation against City in my view.

That said, I didn't pay 20m for the Club, so I haven't earned the right to hire and fire the manager. The results and our League position speak for themselves and dictate the need for a change imo but if the owners deem that Kean is still to be in charge at 3pm any particular Saturday then if we are winning or the game is still in the balance the only sensible alternative is to put protests firmly to one side. If the game has gone and we're three or four down it's a different matter entirely - probably the best time to let rip.

I can't be doing with the constant booing when the game is level or we're winning or have a chance of salvaging a point as was the case in the home games against Swansea West Brom and Bolton. We have no divine right to be in the top flight, nor has any Club, and the behaviour by many of the supporters during those games left me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. The atmosphere during the Stoke game was much better and I was really disappointed to see that it is planned for the protests to be stepped up again. All the protestors are doing is creating an atmosphere which makes it practically impossible for the players to perform and for us to get the points at home we so desperately need.

Yet you conveniently forget the abject and disgraceful performances they put in when no dissent was coming from the crowd. Or the way they capitulated against WBA, Bolton and Stoke whilst still receiving great support from the crowd.

Plus you assume that any boos are directed at the players. They are directed at the manager who is so out of his depth he's like a man swimming in the middle of the pacific.

We are going downm regardless of whether we protest or be a Rovers Fan so we may as well do the former.

Personally it is now up to the team to get me off my seat as they have p****d their nine lives up the wall.

Coco will squeeze the last bit of life out of us in the next month. We have to make him suffer for all the pain he has given us. Sod the media critising us. Why should Coco have an easy ride of it at Ewood.

To me the players haven't been playing for Kean this season quite the same way they did last, possibly the Court case had a bearing on that, and he should have been replaced after the second half capitulation against City in my view.

That said, I didn't pay 20m for the Club, so I haven't earned the right to hire and fire the manager. The results and our League position speak for themselves and dictate the need for a change imo but if the owners deem that Kean is still to be in charge at 3pm any particular Saturday then if we are winning or the game is still in the balance the only sensible alternative is to put protests firmly to one side. If the game has gone and we're three or four down it's a different matter entirely - probably the best time to let rip.

I can't be doing with the constant booing when the game is level or we're winning or have a chance of salvaging a point as was the case in the home games against Swansea West Brom and Bolton. We have no divine right to be in the top flight, nor has any Club, and the behaviour by many of the supporters during those games left me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. The atmosphere during the Stoke game was much better and I was really disappointed to see that it is planned for the protests to be stepped up again. All the protestors are doing is creating an atmosphere which makes it practically impossible for the players to perform and for us to get the points at home we so desperately need.

Welcome back and way off the mark as ever.

It's gone beyond the team now Simon because Rovers are as good as relegated already.

The protests now are about getting rid of the owners and trying to make sure BRFC continues to exist.

Rev, you posted decent stuff a while ago, I can only guess some of the drink you had at Christmas is still in your system or did Kean spike it!!

We have a divine right to be owned and managed properly, hence the protests!!

Coco will squeeze the last bit of life out of us in the next month. We have to make him suffer for all the pain he has given us. Sod the media critising us. Why should Coco have an easy ride of it at Ewood.

Absolutely,this illegitimate is just milking the club for all he can get before the inevitable. The shyster has no class at all and deserves every ounce of shyte and grief that comes his way; I personaly detest the odious prick!

I ###### hate Kean, he will walk away from the burning embers that are Rovers in a season or two with full intention of what he was doing. If he had half an ounce of dignity he would have walked a long time ago but he's a slime and he'll be there until the end. If protests aren't going to work we need to make this horrible little man's career at Rovers an absolute misery because once he leaves our club he'll be giving a massive up yours from his villa in San Tropez laughing at what he did to our once famous club.

I see you were best overall contributor in 2002. I can only imagine that the intervening years have given the old grey cells a bad time of it as you're now writing a bunch of stuff without any foundation or logic.

Some points.

1. We were awful last season as well as this season. We're just a worse kind of awful this season.
  2. You don't have the right to hire and fire the manager but you do have the right to be vocal about it. It is after all the only way to show our dismay at the situation. Without that, we have nothing.
  3. Protesting after the game is the worst time to let rip, everyone has gone including any media coverage we may have. You may as well go to the pub and protest there. At least there would be beer on tap.
  4. With or without the fans on side, if the players aren't individually on top form we won't get anything from games the way Kean is setting them up. We've won only a few games and got good luck in some of them (Yakubu scoring four isn't an every match occurence, getting a penalty at Old Trafford, Arsenal conceding two own goals another). That should tell you all you need to know about what Steve Kean needs to win games.
  5. Kean has made an atmosphere which makes it practically impossible for the players to perform not the fans. It's not a Catch 22. Kean was a terribly poor manager first, fans showed their disgust later. Fact.
  6. We got beat against Stoke didn't we?
  7. We won't get points we desperately need with this charlatan on board - protests or not. Make peace with it. There's only one thing that may keep Rovers up and let's face it, we aren't going to get it.

I see you were best overall contributor in 2002. I can only imagine that the intervening years have given the old grey cells a bad time of it as you're now writing a bunch of stuff without any foundation or logic.

Some points.

1. We were awful last season as well as this season. We're just a worse kind of awful this season.
  2. You don't have the right to hire and fire the manager but you do have the right to be vocal about it. It is after all the only way to show our dismay at the situation. Without that, we have nothing.
  3. Protesting after the game is the worst time to let rip, everyone has gone including any media coverage we may have. You may as well go to the pub and protest there. At least there would be beer on tap.
  4. With or without the fans on side, if the players aren't individually on top form we won't get anything from games the way Kean is setting them up. We've won only a few games and got good luck in some of them (Yakubu scoring four isn't an every match occurence, getting a penalty at Old Trafford, Arsenal conceding two own goals another). That should tell you all you need to know about what Steve Kean needs to win games.
  5. Kean has made an atmosphere which makes it practically impossible for the players to perform not the fans. It's not a Catch 22. Kean was a terribly poor manager first, fans showed their disgust later. Fact.
  6. We got beat against Stoke didn't we?
  7. We won't get points we desperately need with this charlatan on board - protests or not. Make peace with it. There's only one thing that may keep Rovers up and let's face it, we aren't going to get it.

good post.

Archived