BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Sorry iof this has already been posted

KEAN REFUSES TO SANCTION SAMBA SALE

By Phil Medlicott, Press Association Sport

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has confirmed the club have rejected two bids for Christopher Samba and reiterated that the player is not for sale.

Rovers captain Samba, 27, has been heavily linked with moves to Tottenham and QPR, while interest from Paris St Germain has also been mooted.

Speculation has increased in the past 24 hours after the French-born Congolese defender was quoted in L'Equipe saying that his current club - who are bottom of the Barclays Premier League - ``doesn't evolve at all'', that ``things have not gone as I was told'' and that he feels it is ``time for a change''.

Asked about the matter today, though, Kean referred to a statement released by Blackburn last Friday, which stressed that Samba was not for sale.

``I know there has been an article in L'Equipe, but I haven't seen it myself,'' said Kean, speaking ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham at Ewood Park.

``All I can say is that I have been told that Chris has done an interview.

``What is definite is that there were two bids from one club which were refused.

``We put out a club statement which was quite strong, saying that Chris was not for sale and as far as I am concerned, there is a line drawn under it.''

He added: ``You would have to ask Chris what he thinks, in terms of whether promises have been broken in his opinion and what they were

``All I can say is that he has been excellent when he has played, he is a big player for us and he is not long in to a very long contract, so I hope that he stays here.''

Samba, who has frequently been linked with other clubs in recent seasons, has been with Blackburn since 2007 and in February signed a new contract to keep him at Rovers until 2015 - a deal Kean would like to see him ``respect''.

Questioned as to what he could do about the situation, Kean said: ``You can ask the player to respect his contract - I don't think you make contracts for any other reason than to show your commitment to the player, and you would then like the player to show that back to the club.

``There have been situations (before) where there have been bids for Chris, and there have been a number of times when he has shown a desire to leave and it hasn't happened for whatever reason.

``I think the club has always fought to try to keep him - we want to keep our best players.''

WEll here is my reading into the situation ....Samba will play against Fulham , the outcome of that result will dictate events ...If we win he will stay for rest of season ..If we lose or draw there will be a lot of fan unrest and Samba will demand to go and will get his wish ..Venkys will realise we are as good as down .His market value will be lower in Summer ...

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He added: ``You would have to ask Chris what he thinks, in terms of whether promises have been broken in his opinion and what they were'

Clearly they still have a great relationship.

Staggering comment from a club manager. I'll be similarly amazed if Samba is still a Rovers player on 1st Feb.

Wonder if he'll get injured in that case?

Kean says he is in touch with the owners regularly - why don't reporters ask him, since he is in touch, when they plan on stating publicly their intentions for the club? Or even when they plan visiting the UK again to look after their baby.

Kean says he is in touch with the owners regularly - why don't reporters ask him, since he is in touch, when they plan on stating publicly their intentions for the club? Or even when they plan visiting the UK again to look after their baby.

My thoughts exactly. He gets off so lightly for a man who should be under so much pressure when you consider his record. The owners bought a house nearby so as to be come more often and spend more time here. But as the results have deteriorated and the protests have cranked up and big questions are being asked about the finances at the club, they're nowhere to be seen. Funny that.

Sorry iof this has already been posted

KEAN REFUSES TO SANCTION SAMBA SALE

By Phil Medlicott, Press Association Sport

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has confirmed the club have rejected two bids for Christopher Samba and reiterated that the player is not for sale.

Rovers captain Samba, 27, has been heavily linked with moves to Tottenham and QPR, while interest from Paris St Germain has also been mooted.

Speculation has increased in the past 24 hours after the French-born Congolese defender was quoted in L'Equipe saying that his current club - who are bottom of the Barclays Premier League - ``doesn't evolve at all'', that ``things have not gone as I was told'' and that he feels it is ``time for a change''.

Asked about the matter today, though, Kean referred to a statement released by Blackburn last Friday, which stressed that Samba was not for sale.

``I know there has been an article in L'Equipe, but I haven't seen it myself,'' said Kean, speaking ahead of Saturday's clash with Fulham at Ewood Park.

``All I can say is that I have been told that Chris has done an interview.

``What is definite is that there were two bids from one club which were refused.

``We put out a club statement which was quite strong, saying that Chris was not for sale and as far as I am concerned, there is a line drawn under it.''

He added: ``You would have to ask Chris what he thinks, in terms of whether promises have been broken in his opinion and what they were

``All I can say is that he has been excellent when he has played, he is a big player for us and he is not long in to a very long contract, so I hope that he stays here.''

Samba, who has frequently been linked with other clubs in recent seasons, has been with Blackburn since 2007 and in February signed a new contract to keep him at Rovers until 2015 - a deal Kean would like to see him ``respect''.

Questioned as to what he could do about the situation, Kean said: ``You can ask the player to respect his contract - I don't think you make contracts for any other reason than to show your commitment to the player, and you would then like the player to show that back to the club.

``There have been situations (before) where there have been bids for Chris, and there have been a number of times when he has shown a desire to leave and it hasn't happened for whatever reason.

``I think the club has always fought to try to keep him - we want to keep our best players.''

Yes sure, just like the plane flying over Ewood.

Respect - that word disappeared from Ewood over 12 months ago.

What if...

Kean turned around, held his hand up and admitted Venkys have been stringing everyone along and he's had enough of their lies.

Would supporters then get behind the manager for the forseeable future?

No------because he's been an integral part of it all.

Not sure where I should post this but here is a combined 2011 league table. It contains just the 17 teams that spent all of 2011 in the PL. Proves what such a great manager he is!

prem2.jpg

I bet Kean is proud. He's only the second worst PL manager in all of calendar year 2011.

I'm amazed at the logic (or complete lack of it) who think such a manager would get us anywhere near a top 10 finish and a cup run. It's staggering.

• Backroom

Let's be honest, the guy gets an unbelieveable amount of stick, it's not his fault the owners are clueless ###### and sacked a boring but effective BFS.

Totally agree with that... but that doesn't make Kean a GREAT manager does it?

I do not think you have Steve Kean any chance.Steve Kean is a great manager.

If this post made any sense, I'd really provide the poster with a full opinion......

as it doesn't, I'll answer it anyway.

No one on this site has "had" Steve Kean (I can say this with 100% certainty).

Steve Kean's record as a manager speaks for itself.

Dead set, motherless last. It's a bit like being a reserve for the reserves for the bottom team in the lowest league you can play in.

Maps, when you understand football,come back and talk to us.

Saw his interview on SSN this morning. He said that he wanted the crowd to get behind the team for 90 minutes tomorrow because against Stoke we did and even Tony Pulis told him the atmosphere was 'intimidating' and we were probably a bit unlucky not to get anything out of the game.

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM - WE LOST!

We let in 2 goals a game, usually late on. It all boils down to the fact that he just isn't good enough to manage a team to get the results. It's not the fans, not the protests, not that there were any during the match against Stoke, it's KEAN.

He makes me sick to watch him interviewed. Horrible man.

Spot on there jra. Very cleverly, a situation has been engineered - and continues to be engineered - that the fans are the route cause deflecting attention totally off the manager.

His poor record can no longer be cited because defeats are being blamed on the fans.

Interestingly:

Major protest against Arsenal = victory

Major show of support (total removal of protest) against Stoke = defeat

There are other examples.

No one's listening, no one cares. We're just bad fans.

Archived