Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is :)

SP anyone?

sp.png

Is that his agent on his left and who is the Rovers' guy he's speaking to ?

I do know that he does visit Academies on a fairly frequent basis - hopefully, this is one, however, worryingly, both he and the guy on his left don't seem dressed for it to be an FA visit !

I don't think we've got any under 21 players left since Jones and Fielding departed?

Maybe he's been hired by Kean to take out the protesters

Pearce just walked into the Havelock pub and said to the owner "He likes your bar...He wants your bar....Do you want me to draw you a picture?"

Who ever it WILL be he won´t travel to India once a month. What a clown Kean makes himself for doing that.

Kean got promoted from a 100k job to a 400k job by going to India, he has the full back of the owners despite the worst PL record of any Rovers manager thanks to going to India.

Kean's a con man, by going to India, he has Venkys under his thumb.

I think his infleuence over Venkys is so powerful and misleading that this protest is essential to ensure Venkys get the truth.

Alan Curbishley - Would bore the nuts off me but he's a better bet than Kean.

Dave Jones - Good shout, although connections to Kentaro would open up a can of worms.

Mark Hughes/Martin O'Neil - My first choices. Can't see them coming here. Hughes has set his sights higher and O'Neil had trouble working with Randy Lerner, I doubt Venky's would appeal to him.

Rafa Benitez - Surely Rafa will be holding out for a bigger club?

Gus Poyet - We need an experienced head.

David Moyes - Would easily be first-choice if there was a hope in hell of him coming here.

I'm a lazy typer Topman so I've nicked your list to comment on :

First though we should nail the background realities to the door before going off on flights of fancy and picking managerial names out of the hat :

1] Venkys are micro managers [control freaks] and will give the new guy no authority on signings

2] Venkys have only very modest means [i'm being kind]

3] Venkys have a long record of saying one thing and then doing the next so an applicant believing anything they say will be a challenge

4] Because of 2 above Venkys will not want to payoff a managerial contract at another club and there won't be any backing for the new guy in the next transfer window

5]Venkys policies so far have made Rovers the laughing stock of the football world so not many would want to bathe in that reflected glory

6] The Venky - Kean axis has us bottom of the division with 1 point and little to no prospect of staying safe, any new guy would have to be prepared to put his career reputation on the line (a gamble too far for many?)

So with realities before us ...

Curbishley - success at only one club and this was bourne on the back of a reputation for demanding and getting complete and total control of everything at the club (Charlton)

Mark Hughes/Martin O'Neil - both excellent but also ego maniacs who, like Curbishley, would demand control and money - lot's of money

Rafa Benitez - said 'No' once, so what's changed - needs to spend big

Poyet - potential, hungry so maybe willing to compromise on the power structure, used to having no money - that's as positive as I can get about him, he's supposedly very happy where he is though

Moyes - unhappy at having no cash at Everton so what would change by coming to Ewood, would he put his reputation on the line, does he see it as a career move upwards

Coyle - comfortable where he is and a long way in front of us already even with just one win and 3 points, what carrot could we dangle

Pearce - desperate enough for a premiership job but he doesn't suffer fools gladly and would probably want to do this job and the England job at the same time, not a Venky type person

Jones - <groan> if we have to

So, Hughes, O'Neil, Benitez, Moyes, Coyle - we'd have them in a heart beat but non would come.

Curbishley, Pearce - distinctly average and Venkys couldn't cope with the aggro

Poyet, Jones - well this is probably the level of the talent pool we are trawling - hardly inspiring and a real Hail Mary.

Any appointment is a coming together of the applicant being good enough and having the right experience, Venkys predilection for not spending anything above the bare minimum, and both parties liking the look of each other - and the prospects for success. On this count can you really see any of the above, maybe with the exception of Jones, ending up as our manager?

Venkys are incapable of making the right choices so for as long as they and Kean remain in charge we are going to spiral down and crash and burn. Just changing Kean for the last guy in the queue because he's the last guy in the queue is going to improve nothing.

Before some bright spark opines that anyone would be better than Kean - would you fancy giving Ince a call, I'm sure he's still up for the challenge.

Under any normal circumstances, Pearce would be an iffy appointment.

But right now, he looks like a dream ticket to me.

having been with the u21's for awhile he has gained a bit more experience. Though as to wiether he could do a job in the prem, working with the players day in day out is another question. But I would have him if it was a choice between him and Kean - only just, as I would prefer a more experienced premier league manager.

My friends?

Your bruva from another mother Balaji :P

Former Rovers player

Ex PL manager

Managed abroad

Used to working with a 'difficult' board

Chris Coleman!

= awful

No thanks

Rafa, Hughes, Moyes, O'Neill in that order. Pearce at Ewood is worrying, not good enough for me.

Rafa, Hughes, Moyes, O'Neill in that order.

But none of them will come anywhere near us. All excellent managers and I'd be ecstatic one did come, but it won't happen.

- Rafa, despite his failure at Inter, will attract a massive club sooner or later

- Hughes left Fulham because they couldn't match his ambitions. They bought a £10 million striker over the summer, without any large sales. Posts on here suggest both he and Bowen are learning foreign languages. It's incredibly unlikely he could match the 6th place finish he achieved here last time, what's he got to gain by coming back?

- Moyes wouldn't up and leave Everton now to join us. I'm sure he's had better offers in the past, and will receive better offers again.

- O'Neill. Pretty similar to Hughes in terms of ambition. If Lerner couldn't fund him then there isn't a chance that we can. Doubt he'd work with Venky's anyway.

Archived