BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

Curbishley's been out of the game a long time - he's rarely mentioned now when a job comes up. Does he want it or need it ?

He's also London - doubt if he'd want to come up nawf. But then again our present manager lives in Surrey !

He'll take a managers role n the PL I belive or he'll end up like Peter Reid.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curbishley's been out of the game a long time - he's rarely mentioned now when a job comes up. Does he want it or need it ?

He's also London - doubt if he'd want to come up nawf. But then again our present manager lives in Surrey !

Curbishley was on gardening leave after a long financial dispute with West Ham although i believe its sorted now. Were really goin to need someone like him who can organise the team and just try and get some points on the board.

Were really goin to need someone like him who can organise the team and just try and get some points on the board.

Definitely. We need someone who knows how to mould an average group of players into a team that can win games in the Premier League. He's experienced at doing that, primarily with Charlton but West Ham's 7 wins out of the last 9 games to avoid relegation in his first season was bordering on a miracle.

Finished 10th the following season and had 2 wins from 3 games when the dispute happened. He was really harshly treated and I'm not sure why other teams haven't picked him up. I would guess it's because, a bit like Sam, he's an unfashionable name and unlikely to be a popular appointment wherever he goes. Alan Pardew has shown what a bit a solid, experienced English manager can bring to a club though, despite being unpopular...and I rate Curbishley well above Pardew.

I actually think we'd be a very attractive proposition to a good manager like Curbishley looking to get back into the game. There is the basis of a decent squad, and if they could get a 12th place finish (or something like that) they would be seen to have done an excellent job. A shrewd signing or two in January (a proper midfielder!) could transform the team.

Definitely. We need someone who knows how to mould an average group of players into a team that can win games in the Premier League. He's experienced at doing that, primarily with Charlton but West Ham's 7 wins out of the last 9 games to avoid relegation in his first season was bordering on a miracle.

Finished 10th the following season and had 2 wins from 3 games when the dispute happened. He was really harshly treated and I'm not sure why other teams haven't picked him up. I would guess it's because, a bit like Sam, he's an unfashionable name and unlikely to be a popular appointment wherever he goes. Alan Pardew has shown what a bit a solid, experienced English manager can bring to a club though, despite being unpopular...and I rate Curbishley well above Pardew.

I actually think we'd be a very attractive proposition to a good manager like Curbishley looking to get back into the game. There is the basis of a decent squad, and if they could get a 12th place finish (or something like that) they would be seen to have done an excellent job. A shrewd signing or two in January (a proper midfielder!) could transform the team.

I agree with you, We need a PL experience manager in Like Curbishley, who can organise the team and get points on Board!

Ok, I am Kean, let's go for Curbs, seems a decent chap too.

Somebody should post this to Venkys, taken from wiki on Curbishley

- He gained a reputation for signing good players for low prices and also adept at bringing young players through the ranks such as Richard Rufus, Lee Bowyer, Scott Parker and Paul Koncheskey-

Bet you Curbs would assemble a better back room team than we have now too (if there is money that is....).

If Curbishley takes over he will bring in his number 2 Mervyn Day. Be with Curbs at Charlton and WHU.

I would like Curbs to keep Brunskill and Mimms on staff. Both do excellent job behind the scenes.

I thought Jensen did well to go to talk to fans after Kean won't do so. Shows class

Curbishley would be a good appointment, what are people's thoughts on holloway for the job?

Dont think he would be my first choice, mainly because he'd soon fall out with the owners / agents because he'd tell it like it is lol but him instead of Kean or some of the other daft names, well it's an no brainer 'yes' !!

i put ancelotti's name forward to nicko, he didnt laugh at it said would rovers be willing to pay out for him? maybe a starter, i think he would consider coming here as he wants to stay in the premierleague.

I agree, would be GREAT choice but would the owners be willing to pay his wages, that is the Major Problem for the club/owners.

CA loves PL football. Could attract better quality players than Kean.

The reason why I said my choice would be Alan Curbishley is I think he is probably the best we could get with PL experience.

I agree, would be GREAT choice but would the owners be willing to pay his wages, that is the Major Problem for me.

CA loves PL football. Could attract better quality players than Kean.

The reason why I said my choice would be Alan Curbishley is I think he is probably the best we could get with PL experience.

I'd have you as manager Chaddy.

You'd do a lot better than Mr Bean...

Haha that was a Freudian slip. I'm not changing it though.

I'd have you as manager Chaddy.

You'd do a lot better than Mr Bean...

Haha that was a Freudian slip. I'm not changing it though.

Thought better of you, until you insulted MR BEAN. He would be offended being compared to Kean.

I agree with those who say curbishley. I gave it thought, he would be good for Rovers current situation.

I'd love Moyes or Ancelotti, but I just can't see it. Moyes would be making a sideways move at best, and Ancelotti would probably want to wait and see if Redknapp takes the England job, or a big Italian team long before us. O'Neill would not be at all interested after seeing how Venky's run the place.

Of the more realistic candidates, Curbishley would be solid and stable, but he wouldn't take any crap from agents and the owners. Hughes would be superb, but he'd be out of reach, and if he did sign, he would be off as soon as a big job was available. Holloway is not good enough, even if he's entertaining. Van Basten and Rijkaard are real outsiders, but they might fancy a crack at the Premier League.

ok that's 3 votes for chaddy to be next BRFC managerbut seriously chaddy do not mention Karl Robinson again maybe good at MK Dons but we have had enough rookie managers this next one has to be experienced e.g. Curbs,Sparky,Souey/Tugay etc.. as we are in trouble we need someone to come in who has a good reputation of organising a defence after the NUFC debacle.

Archived