BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shearer would be an awful choice he is as bad as a manager as he is a pundit.

If it wasn't for the fact he was a Rovers legend (many moons ago), no one would even suggest him. It's embarrassing.

He has an even worse win % than Kean - 12.50. But yeaaah, he was a great player so let's put the team in his hands. Derp.

That's got him till Christmas at least, whatever happens. With that in mind, lets hope he pulls some results out of the bag between now and then as I wouldn't envy a replacement needing to rock up in December with us on less than 10 points.

Not so sure about this. Yes it will have brought him time, but realistically if the next 5 games followed the same pattern as the next 5 there will be a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the fans, not to mention us being in a very difficult position. All 3 of our away games are games we have a good chance of getting something out of, whilst our next 2 home games are quite difficult. Given recent performances (and our weakness away from home) I we could end up with very few points which must surely put Kean in a precarious position. 1 win - or 2 wins - from 10 would be a very weak position indeed.

Not so sure about this. Yes it will have brought him time, but realistically if the next 5 games followed the same pattern as the next 5 there will be a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the fans, not to mention us being in a very difficult position. All 3 of our away games are games we have a good chance of getting something out of, whilst our next 2 home games are quite difficult. Given recent performances (and our weakness away from home) I we could end up with very few points which must surely put Kean in a precarious position. 1 win - or 2 wins - from 10 would be a very weak position indeed.

In a normal football club, I would agree. But, with the Rao's I just don't think they will pot him, full stop.

That would seem to be the situation.

People need to remember that we all have chances and have all blown them... and got second chances, third chances, etc. At least show him this grace as a new season gets under way.

MAYBE WE HAVE AND NOONES PERFECT ..AGREED

BUT HOW MANY OF HAVE LIED UNDER OATH IN A COURT OF LAW???

how did the protest fail miserably? it was well conducted, peaceful protest, we got media coverage and the venkys took notice, its easy for people like you to critisise but when was the last time you did something you beleived in?

Saturday September 17th 2011 12:45pm. I cheered Rovers to victory ;)

how did the protest fail miserably? it was well conducted, peaceful protest, we got media coverage and the venkys took notice, its easy for people like you to critisise but when was the last time you did something you beleived in?

Aim of the protest was to have Kean removed from his position, Kean is still the manager and will be for the foreseeable future. Media coverage was fine, nothing special though. Venkys were already aware about our feelings but like good owners backed their man, fair play to them. Don't get me wrong, I question his record but he now has his own squad, there can now be no excuses. People like me? Im not the one who is criticizing, you are, by supporting this protest.

Saturday September 17th 2011 12:45pm. I cheered Rovers to victory ;)

Well said!

I just dont feel it was necessary, it would do nothing to help the club. In the end it served no purpose. Anyone who says that the protest helped the players get the result against Arsenal is wrong, that is an insult to the players themselves. That isnt directed at you roverandout.

I feel passionate about Blackburn Rovers, but I always back them and their personnel, including Kean.

• Backroom

Am pretty sure it was the protests that caused Kean and Venky's to reach out to the fans (Kean's podcast and Venky's potential idea to fly supporters over to India to talk about the club) so I'd say the protest had a pretty good impact.

Fair enough, then again I don't think they should have to reach out to the fans the way they have, they only did it because people were 'passionately' wanting Kean out. We as fans should remain loyal to the club and its manager. At the end of the day I didn't agree with the protest, opinions are opinions and I respect yours, we all want what is best for the club and hopefully we can move onwards and hopefully upwards.

I think South Park put it best when they came to the conclusion that both supporters and protesters are needed in their 100th episode.

To blindly support the people at the club without any criticism is foolish, but to constantly criticse them will only act as a destructive influence on the team. I thought the protest organised by Glen had a very balanced approach because they had their feelings heard, but at the end of the day they went in and cheered the team on to victory. They shouldn't be blasted for doing this, but commended.

Standards are important in any walk of life. Glen made it quite clear in his opening statement before the march that the club is the lifeblood of the town, that it is an incredibly important part of every Rovers supporter and the mediocre performances and lack of results served up by Kean is simply not good enough. If people think this message didn't strike home with the players, manager and owners then you're kidding yourselves.

As I've said in an earlier post... I think as fans we should now get behind the team, as we have made our concerns clear enough. It's out of our hands now because it will be up to the owners to decide to sack him or not. The people who took part in the protest did their part for all of us, in that if things do go wrong, we as supporters can collectively say "we did what we could", rather than regret we didn't act.

One serious question the owners must answer is at what point does Kean become sackable. This would at least give us some idea how bad things may have to get. This is of course only if our current winning ratio continues.

No they don't. Knowing what would get him sacked would put him, the players and the fans in an even worse situation than currently. Suppose they said that if he loses the next 3 games he'd get sacked aqnd then he didn't, then they'd have to state again when they'd sack him and so on. Players could decide they had had enough and play to get him sacked. And they may not know what run of results is bad enough in their own minds. Suppose they said they'd sack him if certain things happened, they happened but it was obvious that the players didn't want to see him go and there were extenuating circumstances. I don't think they should feel he's unsackable but I don't see why you feel that telling anyone when would improve the situation.

im critisising the manager, not the other supporters, you are having a go at a few hundred people, who took time out of their weekend on a wet saturday morning to take part in something they feel passionate about.

Some people feel passionately about serial killing and murder. You can't hide behind passion as a reason for doing something which other people may find to be moronic.

One serious question the owners must answer is at what point does Kean become sackable. This would at least give us some idea how bad things may have to get. This is of course only if our current winning ratio continues.

They don't have to answer that at all.

I'm confident that the manager will be sacked if results go horribly wrong. Like others are pointing out, he now has his own squad (or at least more so than last year. I'm sure he would like more/better players in some postions), and should be judged by results in the coming matches. I'm thrilled to have won against Arsenal because we were risking going 7 games with only one point (the next two matches against Toon and City are very difficult). Now we will at least have 4 points, which is still not a lot from 7 matches, but I think we have a chance of getting something from Toon, although anything less than a bad defeat against City is a bonus. Luckily after those two, we have ten matches where at least eight are very much winnable. It's those ten matches that will define if Kean is the man, or if he should be sacked.

In my opinion we should be on 22 points after 17 matches. We then go on two away games agains Liverpool and Manchester United, so it really is 22 from 19 matches. That is fairly realistic. If indeed Kean is not the man, we will know for sure by christmas.

For the record, after 17 matches last year we had 21 points.

No they don't. Knowing what would get him sacked would put him, the players and the fans in an even worse situation than currently. Suppose they said that if he loses the next 3 games he'd get sacked aqnd then he didn't, then they'd have to state again when they'd sack him and so on. Players could decide they had had enough and play to get him sacked. And they may not know what run of results is bad enough in their own minds. Suppose they said they'd sack him if certain things happened, they happened but it was obvious that the players didn't want to see him go and there were extenuating circumstances. I don't think they should feel he's unsackable but I don't see why you feel that telling anyone when would improve the situation.

Fair point, I'm just nervous that they will never sack him no matter what the results. I find my emotions runnning high after everyone of Keans interviews lately. He was just on the screen over here while I was writing that Post.

Archived