BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

Anybody is an improvement on our current manager.

Souness: I seem to remember him saying a while back that his days of management were over and was happy with his job as a tv pundit.

Hughes: Would be the choice of most on here and his availability would make him the bookies favourite, was a great manger here and also found gems of players for not too much money, would he return though under this new regime and if he did return how long would he stay.

Curbishley: What I think would be a safe and sensible choice, a good record in the PL and could easily work with our budget.

Moyes: Doing his best at Everton despite the rug being pulled from under him financially, a manager I would certainly have here.

Sven: A lot fans have not forgiven him for going back on his word a few years ago, has become a bit of a mercernary figure since leaving England and at the moment struggling with Leicester despite spending a fair bit of money.

There are a lot more possibilities out there although I wouldn't like to see us dip down into the League for a non proven manager at PL level, but we are not relying on John Williams to pick the right man this time.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My choices would be:-

1st choice:- Mark Hughes. He was great manager when he was here. He massive over achieved 1st time! was the best manager since King Kenny.

2nd choice :- Claudio Ranieri. He has Proven PL experience and play very good football. He tactically very good. Has a Plan B. Kean doesn't.

3rd choice :- Alan Curbishley. He has Proven PL experience and can work on a very tight budget. Knows how to keep a side up in the PL on a tight budget.

4th choice :- Bernd Schuster. Played very good attacking football and produce results. very good tactical.

5th choice :- Karl Robinson. Risky choice but has produce good football and results at Mk dons. Has been a manager at MK Dons for 16 months now. Most of the players know him and heard players really like his coaching.

Shearer or Tugay or Nelsen I would be happy with also along as they bought in a excellent experience number 2 then I would take it compare to Kean!!!

Sure that Chaddy either has shares in Ranieri or it's uncle Claudio !!!

Seriously, because of the environment at Ewood including the owners' mentality, I think an experienced British head is called for as there will be lots to contend with !!! Also, need to ensure that they don't always have an eye on the next job !!! Curbishley would be my choice and as flagged last week, I understand that he's already been sounded out by Rovers' representatives.

I am quite surprised no one has mentioned Ray Wilkins as an option at the club.

Great coach, great organiser, very knowledgeable and a man credited with the success behind Chelsea.

Even John Bond, Jimmy Mullen and Brian Potts could do a better job than Kean !!!!

I would take Wilkins as an assistant, not sure how he would be as a manager, but a great coach rather like Steve Clarke who is now at Liverpool.

Sure that Chaddy either has shares in Ranieri or it's uncle Claudio !!!

Seriously, because of the environment at Ewood including the owners' mentality, I think an experienced British head is called for as there will be lots to contend with !!! Also, need to ensure that they don't always have an eye on the next job !!! Curbishley would be my choice and as flagged last week, I understand that he's already been sounded out by Rovers' representatives.

:lol:

I would be happy with Curbishley tbh. very decent PL manager.

How do u know that Curbs has been sounded out by Rovers' representatives??? is that from a trust source and very reliable aswell?

Keeping these top quality people around is what the top clubs do, whether they do PR work or coach. At Rovers I am not sure there is anyone from the EPL winning side still working there?

Probably not; but we've still got Beamo from the Division 3 days 35 years ago!! :D

:lol:

I would be happy with Curbishley tbh. very decent PL manager.

How do u know that Curbs has been sounded out by Rovers' representatives??? is that from a trust source and very reliable aswell?

Chaddy - very, very few know with any real certainty what is going on. What I said last week was that a friend of mine at West Ham had advised that there was speculation down there that Curbishley would soon be named as Rovers' manager. Obviously, Curbishley has many links down in London and most recently at West Ham. I do not know whether this has got legs or not - I am only flagging what I've heard.

Chaddy - very, very few know with any real certainty what is going on. What I said last week was that a friend of mine at West Ham had advised that there was speculation down there that Curbishley would soon be named as Rovers' manager. Obviously, Curbishley has many links down in London and most recently at West Ham. I do not know whether this has got legs or not - I am only flagging what I've heard.

Thanks for answering mercerman.

What we need is somebody not afraid to grab the position by the scruff of the neck. We badly need a strong leader, something that kean is not. We need them to come in, NOT go to India all the time, and instead tell Venkys that if they want to be successful, they will have to do it HIS way, unlike kean who has bowed to every one of their wishes.

Hughes would do this, and sadly enough, Allardyce would be ideal for this if he didn't have any prior history with the club.

The challenge is who the hell with any kind of reputation would be prepared to risk it by coming to the madhouse that is Rovers right now ?

Curbishley is very London-centric - been out of the loop a while

O'Neill - can't see him wanting the grief - he'll end up at Spurs when 'Arry gets the England job

Hughes - he has moved on - major egg on face if he were to come back - would he consider a 8 month contract with a huge keep us up bonus ? Might be able to reconcile it on that basis

Souness - out of the game too long I think - would fall out with half the team & injure the rest in training....mind you .....drastic times call for drastic measures

Shearer - never would come, no pedigree, sentimental but ridiculous based on his MOTD insight

Ranieri - really ? Why ?

Wilkins - a coach & not a good one - see record at Fulham

.....who does that leave ? Bloody hell - not looking too clever is it...... :blink:

If we offered Hughes and his team enough money, he'd come.

Ideal: Hughes/Benitez

Next Best: Curbishley

Would Do: Jones/Parkes

Unproven, but still preferable to Donut: Shearer/Tugay/Nelsen

There is no chance Hughes will come.

We will be left with a choice between old has-been or up-and-coming.

Archived