BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you his agent or his mum ?

He did do the double over Manchester United (and Alex Ferguson) during his tenure at Manchester City, and led them to a respectable finish.

That said, I still wonder about bringing him in. I hope Carlo Ancelotti comes in. A long shot, but we can all dream, eh?

I really would look at Clark (Huddersfield) or Poyet (Brighton) both young, both had success, both play football and both their sides are extremely committed and disciplined.

They're not the men to lead us to survival, they're huge risks. We need another Allardyce-esque appointment. It's reasonable to assume both would need time to adjust to PL management, but that's time we don't have. Every game counts now.

The time to hire someone like that was when we fired Allardyce, because there was a comfortable cushion of points which took away a lot of the risk. You can't expect one of those two to perform a miracle in their first PL job.

I'd love Hughes or O'Neill, but my head says Curbishley on a contract until the end of the season then go from there.

I really would look at Clark (Huddersfield) or Poyet (Brighton) both young, both had success, both play football and both their sides are extremely committed and disciplined.

Both are excellent in their own right. My wife is a Brighton fan, they love poyet down there - they are going through a wobbly patch at the moment and have a few fans that moan, but considering where they were when he took over he has worked miracles. Keeps saying he is in for the long haul and wants to build a legacy at Brighton.

Intrestingly he had not long signed a contract extension but to the surprise of all their fans poyet and his assistant signed a new 5 year contract last month. One of the rumours for the sudden new contract offer was that we had approached Brighton to see if we could talk to him.

I have a lot of time for Clarke too.

Nigel Adkins is doing a sterling job at Southampton as well.

Good managers that can organise and motivate their teams well.

Still if, and it's a big if at the moment, kean is sacked some people will still moan no matter who it turns out to be. I am sure if Ferguson or mourinho came to rovers there will be some fans saying they don't like em. Can't please everyone.

My mate is a taxi driver whose not interested in footy claims to have seen Sven at ewood today.. Don't shoot the messenger

Well 5 Live are also reporting that he has been seen in Blackburn today. Kean was asked about it in his press conference. You may not get shot yet :-)

MON "seriously" considering return to Leicester but would prefer a Premier league Club------Guardian.

Frustrating isn't it 47er, such a good manager waiting in the wings but they stick with Mr Kean....

One very good reason for this:

400k a year for Kean

1m a year for MON

Frustrating isn't it 47er, such a good manager waiting in the wings but they stick with Mr Kean....

One very good reason for this:

400k a year for Kean

1m a year for MON

I honestly think the reasons for keeping Kean run deeper than that. With £750k per Premier League place, I don't think that difference in salary would be used as a justification for keeping a poor manager.

Not sure if you've heard the Podcast, but Kamy says a lot of interesting things regarding Kean's position at the club.

Archived