BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we need is someone who knows their way around the Premiership. Worst thing in the world to do would be to get in a manager who has no premiership exeprience and needs to learn the ropes. We are eight games in and bottom. Whoever comes in needs to know they are doing and have a clear idea abou thow they are going to keep us up.

Cruyff etc do not fit in that bracket!

What we need is someone who knows their way around the Premiership. Worst thing in the world to do would be to get in a manager who has no premiership exeprience and needs to learn the ropes. We are eight games in and bottom. Whoever comes in needs to know they are doing and have a clear idea abou thow they are going to keep us up.

Cruyff etc do not fit in that bracket!

Exactly the point I was making last night. We don't need a flight of fancy in our predicament.

if they had the brains ...

they can go for johan cruyff ... something like a Kenny Daglish return .... but only he's the founder of total football style and the kind of influence and media coverage blackburn will get will be amazing ... not to mention the young players attracted to play under him ....

frank rijkaard might drop saudi for a crack at EPL ... and van basten is out of job also ....

Dream on.

Gary Flitcroft.

I'd kill for Curbishly.

He'd shore up the centre midfield and defence and get us tough to beat.

He's said before he's turned down numerous jobs because he's waiting for a premier league opportunity. I have a feeling he's come.

Curbishley is probably the most realistic choice we can get.

He would keep us up for sure!

having endured some boring names over the last few years like ince, big sam, doughnut, i quiet fancy an exciting name, someone a bit exotic, a laudrup or a benitez would do me, though martin o'neil would be a great appointment.

In the words of Brian Potter "I'd like to moonwalk son, but life's a s___ter." It would be good, but I'm not that fussy. Any competent manager will do.

Martin o Neil and venkys negotiations...

Venkys: hi mon we believe you are a brilliant manager no??

Mon: well...... I'm not bad I'll have you up the league I will!

Venkys: do you work long hours and we expect you to come visit us in Pune once a month

Mon: stick your job where the sun don't shine!!! Ayy!!!

The chances of MON working with the venkys is ZILCH!!

Martin o Neil and venkys negotiations...

Venkys: hi mon we believe you are a brilliant manager no??

Mon: well...... I'm not bad I'll have you up the league I will!

Venkys: do you work long hours and we expect you to come visit us in Pune once a month

Mon: stick your job where the sun don't shine!!! Ayy!!!

The chances of MON working with the venkys is ZILCH!!

MON is not insecure like Kean and would not find it necessary to go grovelling once a month.

O'Neill would be good with our squad. Villa often had one or two strikers with two roaming, pacy wingers often coming in to support him. Olsson and Hoilett would suit that style of play well, and Vuckevic/Formica/Rochina could perhaps play in a second striker/attacking midfielder role. We'd need to find a decent battler and two full backs though.

O'Neill would be good with our squad. Villa often had one or two strikers with two roaming, pacy wingers often coming in to support him. Olsson and Hoilett would suit that style of play well, and Vukcevic/Formica/Rochina could perhaps play in a second striker/attacking midfielder role. We'd need to find a decent battler and two full backs though.

I would totally agree Billy!!!

We need to Vukcevic and Olsson on the wings with Hoilett in the Hole behind the main striker.

With Rochina and Formica back up for them.

But we are lacking a main striker, 2 full backs and maybe a experience midfielder playmaker/ball winning.

According to Roverinsider its...

Walter Smith... mmm

Wonder if he brings Knox back as his number 2 :angry:

Under normal circumstances I'd be pretty gutted about Smith/Knox.

However, as an alternative to Kean, both/either sound like an absolute Godsend.

yeah I saw that name on roverinsider while Walter Smith is not a name I would go for he can't be any worse than coco the clownbut to be honest would be surprised to see someone like him coming in I would hope they go for someone with PL experience but with Venkys would not be surprised with what they come up with!. I just don't understand why they don't just go for Curbishley good steady manager to get us out of this mess.

Archived