BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post Kean - Next Manager

Fair point, I'm just nervous that they will never sack him no matter what the results. I find my emotions runnning high after everyone of Keans interviews lately. He was just on the screen over here while I was writing that Post.

No disrespect to you but I don't understand this belief. They do want the club to be successful, for the sake of their business interests. One of the easiest things for people with no idea about a sport is to look purely at results, so defeat after defeat will lead to him being sacked. And if his record stays as it is I'm sure he will get sacked. I don't think it will though after seeing what I have seen at certain points.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people favour MON so much?

For the type of players Kean has gone for, i'd say he would be the most suitable and capable to sort out this mess that Stephen Kean has made.

Personaly would like to see a management team that are proven winners at this level, have desire, drive and ambition to do well, but maybe this isnt what Venky's want to see.

I reckon Curbishley would be a good choice for us.

Not a big fan of Mo'N tbh.

Hughes would be a dream choice for us but just can't see it sadly!!!

Look at newcastle and they sack Hughton wrongly I thought but Look at Pardew team full of pace and creatiivity with Cabaye. I really like the team Pardew has built. Full of commitment and play as a team!!! Fair Play to Pardew!

I reckon Curbishley would be a good choice for us.

Not a big fan of Mo'N tbh.

Hughes would be a dream choice for us but just can't see it sadly!!!

Look at newcastle and they sack Hughton wrongly I thought but Look at Pardew team full of pace and creatiivity with Cabaye. I really like the team Pardew has built. Full of commitment and play as a team!!! Fair Play to Pardew!

Chaddy, Newcastle are very ordinary. We were absolute doodoo today. They didn't have to try, it was not even a training session for them. They will not have an easier match for a decade. Look at the geordie fansites and you will get a better opinion of our prospects.

Chaddy, Newcastle are very ordinary. We were absolute doodoo today. They didn't have to try, it was not even a training session for them. They will not have an easier match for a decade. Look at the geordie fansites and you will get a better opinion of our prospects.

Aren't Newcastle 6 games unbeaten, 3 wins and 3 draws???

I think Cayave is a really good player for them

Aren't Newcastle 6 games unbeaten, 3 wins and 3 draws???

I think Cayave is a really good player for them

Toon aren't top four but Chaddy is right, a decent, organised side and Cayave looks a class above anything we have.

Chaddy's Uncle Claudio is now off the radar though.

Whoever is appointed, should Venky's get their head out of the sand and sack the plonker, MUST have PL experience as we are in the deepest of deep sh1t. Come in Alan Curbishley.

Toon aren't top four but Chaddy is right, a decent, organised side and Cayabe looks a class above anything we have.

Chaddy's Uncle Claudio is now off the radar though. (shame)

Whoever is appointed, should Venky's get their head out of the sand and sack the plonker, MUST have PL experience as we are in the deepest of deep sh1t. Come in Alan Curbishley.

Mercerman, I would agree with you, newcastle aren't top 4 but have a manager who is playing to the strenghts of his players. Plus knows how to organise a team and make them tight at the back.

Cayabe looks like Tugay type player to me.

Curbishley would probably be the best PL experience manager we could get in.

I want a manager like Tony Pulis. I've been following Stoke's progress for a while now and have been extremely impressed with the way their team has been organised and built into one strong unit.

At home, they can beat or draw with anyone. Obviously even a high flying United.

My greatest anger at the situation has stemmed from the fact that i felt we were heading in that direction under Allardyce and are now heading in the direction of Ince.

After every week of steve kean my new manager expectations fall. I'm now at the stage of thinking that David O'Leary would be an improvement!! That's how bad things have got.

The only issue is how long venkys wait. If they wait too long any sensible manager may feel we are too far gone and wouldn't want a relegation blot on their cv. Decisive action soon would make us a more appealing prospect.

Toon aren't top four but Chaddy is right, a decent, organised side and Cayave looks a class above anything we have.

Chaddy's Uncle Claudio is now off the radar though.

Even though I believe Alan Curbishley would do a better job than Kean. I also ask myself if Curbishley is so good, how come he has been without a club for so long.

Sadly Hughes would not come.

So your objections to him are personal, rather than football-related?

Mine is both football related and personal.

He has shown he is niot a decent manager - Results show that - football reason.

I don't like drink drivers - convicted in court - personal reason.

No disrespect to you but I don't understand this belief. They do want the club to be successful, for the sake of their business interests. One of the easiest things for people with no idea about a sport is to look purely at results, so defeat after defeat will lead to him being sacked. And if his record stays as it is I'm sure he will get sacked. I don't think it will though after seeing what I have seen at certain points.

I think they'll finally bow to fan's pressure too late and we will be relegated. I'm sure is record will stay the same and see no reason for optimism.

Even though I believe Alan Curbishley would do a better job than Kean. I also ask myself if Curbishley is so good, how come he has been without a club for so long.

Who knows when Allardyce's next job would have come from had we not appointed him? His stock was (unjustifiably) very low at the time.

Curbishley is a man who knows how to get results on a budget. He'd be the perfect fit out of all the realistic candidates.

I want a manager like Tony Pulis. I've been following Stoke's progress for a while now and have been extremely impressed with the way their team has been organised and built into one strong unit.

At home, they can beat or draw with anyone. Obviously even a high flying United.

My greatest anger at the situation has stemmed from the fact that i felt we were heading in that direction under Allardyce and are now heading in the direction of Ince.

Yep, Allardyce was like Pulis only much better.

Remember how much money Pulis has spent.

He's a decent manager, but with a budget like ours Stoke would just about have been treading water each season.

With the money Kean has had, Big Sam would have us competing and well safe from relegation, who knows how far we could go.

Anyway, whilst I don't mind Curbishley, sad sign of the times when we are looking to him as a potential saviour.

With the money Kean has had, Big Sam would have us competing and well safe from relegation, who knows how far we could go.

Anyway, whilst I don't mind Curbishley, sad sign of the times when we are looking to him as a potential saviour.

I don't know, I think Curbishley is a better manager than people give him credit for. People laughed when Newcastle appointed Pardew and look at them now.

Curbishley's been out of the game a long time - he's rarely mentioned now when a job comes up. Does he want it or need it ?

He's also London - doubt if he'd want to come up nawf. But then again our present manager lives in Surrey !

Curbishley's been out of the game a long time - he's rarely mentioned now when a job comes up. Does he want it or need it ?

He's also London - doubt if he'd want to come up nawf. But then again our present manager lives in Surrey !

we don't have a manager

Archived