SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Owners at the Game

Miker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm actually starting to like the Rao Brothers.

Long way to go before I start supporting Kean though....

Same here, can't help but warm to them really. They don't seem to have any real idea how to run the club, but they're characters and I think their hearts are ultimately in the right place, despite everything.

Don't really see why this should be an issue. Whether the owners are present at games or not should not affect performances. As somebody said, nobody ever expected members of the Walker Trust to be here on a weekly basis so why should Venky's? These are professional footballers who are being paid tens of thousands a week to perform. It shouldn't need the Rao family to travel across the globe to watch them to make them put a shift in.

The Man City owner has been there for 3 years and has only ever been to one game at the start of last season. Abramovich no longer goes to every game,especially those away from Stamford Bridge. Malcolm Glazer never goes to Old Trafford and instead delegates responsibility to his three sons to represent him. Likewise Kroenke at Arsenal who is rarely in attendance, and those at Liverpool who make the odd game but don't come over every week. Another one is Joe Lewis at Spurs, who very rarely attends matches, leaving it to Daniel Levy to run the show.

Think they are learning rapidly what it takes to own a football club etc, the smiles are all genuine and I'm glad they were there. They are definatly starting to listen to us which is good:

Cheapest season tickets still,

16 million of players and an overdraft paid off,

These are just two points which continually get overlooked in the media especially and where i feel they deserve an ounce of credit.

Onwards and upwards.

Venky's to fly Blackburn fans to India for advice

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-owners-Venky-s-to-fly-fans-to-India-to-discuss-running-the-club-article801483.html#ixzz1YLHPDq7D

I think this would be a great idea from the owners towards the fans and show that they respect us and want our views on the club and us going forward in the future.

• Backroom

Venky's to fly Blackburn fans to India for advice

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-owners-Venky-s-to-fly-fans-to-India-to-discuss-running-the-club-article801483.html#ixzz1YLHPDq7D

I think this would be a great idea from the owners towards the fans and show that they respect us and want our views on the club and us going forward in the future.

Interesting... if true, good on them. Exactly the type of thing they need to do to turn public opinion around.

Wow. That is just amazing if its true :tu:

Considering how 'naive' Venkys seems to be, they listen to who ever is telling them something. So what would be better than to give some quality advice from the fans!

And a great chance to the fans who meet them to give them our views and not just Kean telling them his version of it all!

Yeah, if they go ahead with this, I hope they'll choose the right balance of fans to travel.

Common sense dictates to take some of the currently disaffected/disillusioned fans and 'make them see the bigger picture'.

Could be a good decision, I'd be interested to see how it goes and what impact it makes...

Archived