BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Owners at the Game

Miker

I could be wrong here, but for some reason I get the feeling that whenever the owners have been at the stadium to watch a game, we've either won, put in a great performance or done both. I even recall 1 or 2 games under Allardyce when we played much better when the owners showed up. I have no idea how I would go about finding this statistic out, but maybe someone can help?

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is whether or not people feel that the owners should be coming to more games to show their support and dedication for the club, so both the fans and the players know they actually care and want the team to succeed. I get the feeling that their presence there is a massive boost to the team, and I feel like they should come to the home games more often.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly it's their choice to attend or not but given the history of the last nine months not attending can be interpreted as not caring about the club.

I'm in two minds about the TV pictures of the owners celebrating. On the one side I felt it was totally unnecessary PR - I can't recall it ever happening before at an ordinary PL game - on the other perhaps they do care? I think it takes more than a few hugs to prove this though.

I could be wrong here, but for some reason I get the feeling that whenever the owners have been at the stadium to watch a game, we've either won, put in a great performance or done both. I even recall 1 or 2 games under Allardyce when we played much better when the owners showed up. I have no idea how I would go about finding this statistic out, but maybe someone can help?

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is whether or not people feel that the owners should be coming to more games to show their support and dedication for the club, so both the fans and the players know they actually care and want the team to succeed. I get the feeling that their presence there is a massive boost to the team, and I feel like they should come to the home games more often.

Yes I agreee. But I think that is the plan anyway. Why else buy a property over here? Even if they cannot all make it over for the home matches. At least one of them should be there each match.

Clearly it's their choice to attend or not but given the history of the last nine months not attending can be interpreted as not caring about the club.

I'm in two minds about the TV pictures of the owners celebrating. On the one side I felt it was totally unnecessary PR - I can't recall it ever happening before at an ordinary PL game - on the other perhaps they do care? I think it takes more than a few hugs to prove this though.

I'm sorry Paul, you know I have great respect for you but the owners do care a great deal about the club. We met Balaji and Venkatesh at the Asia Cup in Hong Kong, and their love and commitment to the club was plain to see. They are well educated business men and not the fools some like to portray. We also met Balaji's son who is the most pleasant and well-mannered young man I have met for some time. Vineeth Rao is permanently based at the club at Ewood Park.

It's still early days and there have been problems as we all know, but they are determined to push the club forward.

Something I found interesting in Kean's podcast is that Mrs Desai is the 'Chairwoman', that is true of Venky's, but she is also the de facto Rovers chairwoman?

Considering she is never in the country and has her actual core business to run, it seems a little strange to try and micromanage a business thousands of miles away, no?

It would seem strange, if they bought the club and they didn't care about it. Those scenes at the end were great, and shows that everybody were pumped up. I don't think Kean is the right man, but credit to him and the players for a job well done

I'm sorry Paul, you know I have great respect for you but the owners do care a great deal about the club. We met Balaji and Venkatesh at the Asia Cup in Hong Kong, and their love and commitment to the club was plain to see. They are well educated business men and not the fools some like to portray. We also met Balaji's son who is the most pleasant and well-mannered young man I have met for some time. Vineeth Rao is permanently based at the club at Ewood Park.

It's still early days and there have been problems as we all know, but they are determined to push the club forward.

I don't doubt you for a moment roversmum. However, I think one of the problems is that they haven't yet made a connection with the people of the town. How they do that I really don't know. They need to somehow get involved in the life of the town rather than just come and go to the occasional match. Hopefully having a base here will help. Clearly with business interests on the other side of the world the number of occasions they can get to Blackburn is going to be limited but somehow they need to make the effort to get involved in Blackburn and its community.

That's good news. We need stability and I hope they get the hang of it. Still deluded about Kean though.

IFthey bought a football club having never watched football and needed a game to fall in love with football, that was it.

Yesterday was like their dreams coming true (in their eyes).

Rather then 23,000 boo'ing as was expected, 23,000 were entertained.

You could see how happy they were.

Yes, they are are well aware of that, PB. It will come, hopefully sooner rather than later, but steps are being taken.

That's good to hear mum, things may finally be looking up although I'm still far from convinced about the manager but yesterday has bought him time to prove the doubters - like myself - wrong. Here's hoping. However, the owners seemed genuinely excited by events yesterday which was good to see. They reacted as all fans would do at the final whistle.

That's good to hear mum, things may finally be looking up although I'm still far from convinced about the manager but yesterday has bought him time to prove the doubters - like myself - wrong. Here's hoping. However, the owners seemed genuinely excited by events yesterday which was good to see. They reacted as all fans would do at the final whistle.

I understand your concerns completely, PB. However, as has been said on another thread, Steve has had dickens of a lot to cope with since his appointment and he has faced it all head on. Yes, he has made mistakes and made inappropriate comments here and there, but don't we all? His qualifications are not in doubt and he has had to learn on the job. I'm hoping he is successful because I really don't want to be jumping on and off the managerial roundabout as is usual, in truth a stable relationship with a good manager seems very enticing at the moment and I believe the owners feel the same and that is why they are backing Steve.

We have some difficult matches coming up and there will be highs and lows but hey, we are Blackburn Rovers, we can cope with that.

Arte et Labore

I don't doubt you for a moment roversmum. However, I think one of the problems is that they haven't yet made a connection with the people of the town. How they do that I really don't know. They need to somehow get involved in the life of the town rather than just come and go to the occasional match. Hopefully having a base here will help. Clearly with business interests on the other side of the world the number of occasions they can get to Blackburn is going to be limited but somehow they need to make the effort to get involved in Blackburn and its community.

The best bit of PR they have had recently is (I assume) entirely unplanned. It was the brothers hugging each other at full time, obviously as delighted with the game and the result as we were. I'm sure that's the first time many fans will have felt any connection to them at all.

Whilst I'll not try an excuse some of the problems that arose when they first took over, I do believe that are no trying desperately to connect with the fans. It'll be a long hard slog to win the fan's hearts, but they are definitely trying.

I hope that there will be a regular involvement from the Raos on matchday. I'm also happy for them to show some enthusiasm for the win. It is better that they grow to love the club rather than turn into bad custodians, time will be the judge of their actual commitment.

• Backroom

I'm sure once their purchase of the Neville residence is all done they will be here more often.

I expect we'll mainly see Balaji as he has the most interest in football

Archived