BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Backroom

So what do you think you can achieve with this visit for the rest of us?

Hopefully build relationships with the owners which can lead to more open dialogue and fan influence in the future.

What I meant by the comment is what some of these guys have been doing for more than a decade though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say hopefully.

Ok what damage to the rest of the fans does this do in your opinion?

It appears through reading the messageboard you are alienating yourselves from many posters. I know plenty non members who are disgusted and view it as 'getting into bed' with the Venky's.

If you're not guarenteed a meeting with the owners then I can't see the point.

Mind you, I can't see the point in sending the players over there during a crisis just for an friendly.

I cant believe that the fans havent boycotted this trip due to the managerial farce. They arent real fans, just on a jolly up at the expense of the clubs future. Enjoy it people......

Go on then I'll bite .... If you want a game of 'show us yer medals' ... I've had a season ticket for 37 consecutive years and seen Rovers play at 113 different venues in 9 countries. Over to you 'real fan'.

Go on then I'll bite .... If you want a game of 'show us yer medals' ... I've had a season ticket for 37 consecutive years and seen Rovers play at 113 different venues in 9 countries. Over to you 'real fan'.

Do you respect the Rao's and what they've done for Blackburn Rovers?

Do you respect the Rao's and what they've done for Blackburn Rovers?

I'll tell you after/if I've actually met them. All that I do know is that we are going to have to learn to get along (as fans and owners) some way or other because (unless you know differently) there ain't no cavalry riding over the hill to 'save' us.

I'll tell you after/if I've actually met them. All that I do know is that we are going to have to learn to get along (as fans and owners) some way or other because (unless you know differently) there ain't no cavalry riding over the hill to 'save' us.

Soul to the devil. You just can't help yourse. Jack will be turning over nowDisgrace to the rest of the rovers fans getting in bed with kean and venkys

Soul to the devil. You just can't help yourse. Jack will be turning over nowDisgrace to the rest of the rovers fans getting in bed with kean and venkys

I assume English isn't your first language so I will excuse you the bewildering collection of prose above. Anyway ... what do you think the strategy (plan of action) should be regarding securing a brighter future for our club?

Fans don't need to get along with the owners, fans don't need dialogue with the owners.

All fans want is a winning football team, the venky's have removed people that gave us that with people that can't. All we want is for them to right the wrongs and get football people back into the club that can provide a winning team.

I assume English isn't your first language so I will excuse you the bewildering collection of prose above. Anyway ... what do you think the strategy (plan of action) should be regarding securing a brighter future for our club?

I havent got one pal, thats the owners job. I like how you felt the need to explain strategy......brilliant. You crack on with your superior support. I expect kean will be gone by the time you get there. Anyone seen Carry on up the Khyber?? Ewood spark playing the khasi.

I haven't criticised the people who are going and wouldn't. At the very least it will be a free holiday and not too many people would turn that down on principle, whatever they might say on here.

However, one asks to question the sincerity of the Raos given all the lies, twists and PR spin we've been subjected to ever since they took over.

If they were serious about getting closer to the fans and getting to know how we felt, they would surely come to Ewood and meet a larger group of fans in a forum of some sort.

I don't mean a free for all (some of our fans even embarrass me) but a representative group and with a structure to the meeting.

That would have been both the honest and sensible thing to do and being the Raos,they haven't done it!

I think this trip is pure PR but await the outcome with interest.

Shame on you ES! The club is in turmoil. Fans want somehow to demonstrate that they are disgusted with events. The Pune9 are seemingly walking hand-in-hand with the V's to LaLaLand. Everyone can see it but the 9 are blinded by a free-junket. And you are obviously so excited by your good-fortune that you even resort to calling concerned fans for grammar and sentence structure. I'll say it again ... SHAME ON YOU!! Obviously your 37 years ST has not taught you anything about legacy. Never mind, you will have some nice photos to show the family!

Tell you what though. Imagine how things will be when you get back from your trip when you have achieved nothing except free Venkys publicity. One thing is for sure, the fans forum may as well close down now, what is the point of it when it appears to only serve the interests of its self-appointed members.

• Backroom

And yet you still haven't given a good reason why us going would be to the detriment of other fans nor given good reason not to go.

Glenn said it brilliantly a few pages back now but his post was ignored by many, there is potentially more to gain by going than there is by not going in my opinion, if I didn't think so I wouldn't be going.

And as for the fans forum only serving the interests of its members, that just sounds like you're being bitter. Without the fans forum there most likely wouldn't be an unreserved Darwen End for one, how does that only serve forum members?

I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a single BENEFIT to the club (not ourselves, frankly facing the wrath of other fans is worth it if the club, and therefore ultimately the fans, benefit) for us NOT going other than "to give the owners a wake up call", which frankly, is comedic as it'll do no such thing, they're obviously aware the fans aren't happy and all turning them down would do is drive the further away and ultimately, wouldn't we all prefer owners that didn't just want to learn from the fans, but actually wanted to be considered fans too.

I'm sorry if wanting to improve things for the club and other fans makes me "not a proper fan".I'll go back to sitting on my arse and just moaning until things improve on their own should I?

Tell you what though. Imagine how things will be when you get back from your trip when you have achieved nothing except free Venkys publicity.

I'd still argue it's better to try and fail, that not to try at all. I'd feel far worse thinking "we had a chance to change things and we didn't take it because we were worried how it might look to other fans". Frankly they can use me* for all the free publicity they want if ultimately the exercise brings the owners and the fans closer together and the club and fans both benefit from it.

(*me, not the site, that's a whole different matter)

You're not guaranteed to meet the owners, you don't even know your itinerary, so what are you going to try?

We're not guaranteed to meet the owners, but we're told it's likely (it's the format that we've got no clue of). We don't know the itenary, but I imagine it's rather unlikely they'd go to all the effort to get us over there and not interact with us in some way.

Plus I'm a lot more likely to get a chance if I'm on their turf at their invite than I am catching them in the car park at Ewood. So, it may not be guaranteed, but it's a damn sight more likely than sat on my arse at home.

OK, so what specific topics are you hoping to bring to their attention?

Without getting a handle for what they know and understand and what they don't that's really tricky to answer (and part of the reason everyone is dodging that question). I know from some of the meetings I had with John Williams that there is nothing worse than going in with topics you're outraged about, only to have him agree with them within the first 30 seconds.

That said. I've obviously got subjects I'd like to get off my chest if the opportunity arises and I don't doubt they'll not differ much from the majority on here.

... but ultimately, as you've pointed out, we're not guaranteed an audience and if we do, we don't know what any discussion will be around. So I can only guess until it happens.

The FF are going to Pune the home of our owners.

Whilst a meeting between the FF either as a group or as individuals with the owners may not be guaranteed it has to be an odds on certainty that some form of meeting will occur. It beggers belief to think that a meeting will not occur.

Why do you think Venky's have announced this week the possibility of a 'fan' being on the Board, or perhaps more accurately ''on Board''

A few reasons spring to mind:

* PR to quell unrest at the game v Man City

* give the FF something to think about apart from complaints before they get to Pune.

* the aliens really have landed and kill chickens for a living.

Archived