Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe posted already - Sky TV join the Pune visit

Sky TV to Pune

Jesus, this all smells of a bad PR stunt. The TV guys will pixelate your Kean Out T-shirts and your concerns about the club will be edited out to make room for Barry White showing off his car collection. I think the visitors to Pune will be stitched up after all.

Did anybody doubt it would be a media junket? I'm sure their go to man at Granada Reports will be tagging along.

Another excellent week for brand Venky's. £23million? What a snip.

But whilst sky are there, tell them how fans feel about Kean. Turn the tables on the owners.

BTW I know it's nowhere near as post-worthy but did nobody really consider that the press release was written before the Newcastle game and Reuters simply didn't publish it straight away. I know Kam has spoken to Venky's PR (who I imagine wrote it) after the Newcastle game and they were very much aware of the result.

Surely it wouldnt have taken 5 seconds to check the latest result before publishing it though?! Not entirely difficult.

Surely it wouldnt have taken 5 seconds to check the latest result before publishing it though?! Not entirely difficult.

Plus they had over a week to go to press.

Regardless, unless the trip was last week it was a foolish statement to make anyway. Especially with City still to play.

Glenn, I think you give the Raos too much credit. When it comes to football they are rank amateurs.

Plus they had over a week to go to press.

Regardless, unless the trip was last week it was a foolish statement to make anyway. Especially with City still to play.

Glenn, I think you give the Raos too much credit. When it comes to football they are rank amateurs.

Not really, I just don't think most PR people could be that inept, therefore a more plausible explanation is more likely.

It reads like a press release and it's come via Reuters newswire, ergo, it's probably a press release rather than a direct quote or any kind of reportage.

We know Venky's use a PR company who were aware of the result, ergo it was probably written before the Newcastle game.

Therefore from pen to paper there was probably some kind of delay.

I'm not an apologist for anyone, I just like applying logic.

Balaji Rao needs to be sent a Rovers fixture list - he doesn't seem to know about the result at NUFC...

Blackburn to tour India

Not really, I just don't think most PR people could be that inept, therefore a more plausible explanation is more likely.

It reads like a press release and it's come via Reuters newswire, ergo, it's probably a press release rather than a direct quote or any kind of reportage.

We know Venky's use a PR company who were aware of the result, ergo it was probably written before the Newcastle game.

I'm only a simple fellow Glenn, but:

“Security is paramount but so is our commitment to bringing Blackburn Rovers to India,” Venky’s director Balaji Rao said in a statement on Monday.

“And perhaps the visit now could not have been better timed. The club is riding on a high after its big win over Arsenal, and the players are eager to share the glory with their Indian fans.”

Sounds like a direct quote to me?

That could have been the Monday after the Arsenal game though ;)

So what if it was? Still a stupid thing to say, so we should hardly be surprised.

Where's the glory in beating Arsenal for the trip to Pune? They must surely have known that we had to play Newcastle then City. If they had looked at the league table, maybe studied Keans form since he took over then surely they would conclude that in all probability we'd lose those games. I mean we've won three Premier League games in twenty after all.

These are facts. Facts that the Raos should know, and at the very least consider before making ridiculous statements in the Press.

Maybe the Raos should read the Man City thread. It's full of resignation, dispirited fans.

Make no mistake, sack Kean and we might, just might have a chance. That's the easy, common sense thing to do. Finding a decent experienced manager who is prepared to work with the owners, fly the hotch potch unfit disorganised team out to India to Market the Venkys brand, well that could be a little trickier. What's the benefit to Blackburn Rovers Football Club, sat bottom three in the league, of playing Pune? Anyone? It's a joke. A sick joke that continues unfolding in front of us.

Kean is to blame for a lot. But it's Venkys who continue to employ him. They're the ones who have created this mess. Badly advised? They could have asked any fan last December if appointing Steve Kean as manager was a good idea. Any of us. 95% would have said Who? They could have asked Williams, Finn, the local paper, the landlord of any local pub, anyone. Even non fans of BRFC. They'd have all said the same.

So what if it was? Still a stupid thing to say, so we should hardly be surprised.

Where's the glory in beating Arsenal for the trip to Pune? They must surely have known that we had to play Newcastle then City. If they had looked at the league table, maybe studied Keans form since he took over then surely they would conclude that in all probability we'd lose those games. I mean we've won three Premier League games in twenty after all.

These are facts. Facts that the Raos should know, and at the very least consider before making ridiculous statements in the Press.

Maybe the Raos should read the Man City thread. It's full of resignation, dispirited fans.

Make no mistake, sack Kean and we might, just might have a chance. That's the easy, common sense thing to do. Finding a decent experienced manager who is prepared to work with the owners, fly the hotch potch unfit disorganised team out to India to Market the Venkys brand, well that could be a little trickier. What's the benefit to Blackburn Rovers Football Club, sat bottom three in the league, of playing Pune? Anyone? It's a joke. A sick joke that continues unfolding in front of us.

Kean is to blame for a lot. But it's Venkys who continue to employ him. They're the ones who have created this mess. Badly advised? They could have asked any fan last December if appointing Steve Kean as manager was a good idea. Any of us. 95% would have said Who? They could have asked Williams, Finn, the local paper, the landlord of any local pub, anyone. Even non fans of BRFC. They'd have all said the same.

I agree this badly advised card is wearing a little thin now,

Please ADMIN OR MODERATORS whoever sets polls up, Can we have a who is to blame Poll?

Simple two Answers Venkys or Kean, Be interesting which way the fans sway

I agree this badly advised card is wearing a little thin now,

Please ADMIN OR MODERATORS whoever sets polls up, Can we have a who is to blame Poll?

Simple two Answers Venkys or Kean, Be interesting which way the fans sway

The answer is both.

Logic or just supposition and wishful thinking?

I think you're clutching at straws and bet that in your heart you fear exactly how this trip will pan out.

Venkys , pure and simple ! They employed numb nuts as manager ! The buck stops with their bungllism !

On another note instead of the team swanning off on a curry jollly why,in gods name are they not staying at brockhall and working flat out on fitness and footy? It's absolute crazy and the owners are not interested in rovers alls they care about is getting venkys as much publicity as they can get and at the expense of beloved club!

Anyone with half a brain cell can see this f getting us publicity in india my team are from Blackburn Lancashire England not India .Mark my words someone will be too I'll to play after the trip!

Venkys , pure and simple ! They employed numb nuts as manager ! The buck stops with their bungllism !

On another note instead of the team swanning off on a curry jollly why,in gods name are they not staying at brockhall and working flat out on fitness and footy? It's absolute crazy and the owners are not interested in rovers alls they care about is getting venkys as much publicity as they can get and at the expense of beloved club!

Anyone with half a brain cell can see this f getting us publicity in india my team are from Blackburn Lancashire England not India .Mark my words someone will be too I'll to play after the trip!

Kean's already mentally ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I can see the arguments for the Pune 9 refusing to go, and part of me would welcome it, I also can see the arguments for them going.

The main problem of refusing is that they could easily turn round and say they made an effort to reach out and speak to the fans which was then refused. What we may see as buttering up and "bribing" fans, they probably see as good hospitality.

After all, if we were doing well in the league, who wouldn't prefer meeting at a 4 or 5 star hotel in the sunshine on holiday versus sat in rainy Blackburn?

Of course there's the context of the whole thing, but given how disconnected they are from footballing reality, I doubt it'd be a context they really see. It's upto the Pune 9 to make them face facts as much as possible though.

In my opinion they shouldn’t go, the more I think about it the more I’m against the trip, but I can see both sides if the argument.

If the owners are not interested in attending the fans forum when invited, I can’t see why the fans forum should jump when the owners say so and get on a plane to Pune, something fishy about the owners intentions for me.

More worryingly is the players jumping on a plane and flying over to India mid-season, Kean must be fuming at this. I’m all for them going pre-season, but during the season, club in crisis, relegation a real possibility?

PATHETIC VENKYS, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC :angry:

• Moderation Lead

It would be a real statement of intent for the 'Pune 9' to refuse to make the trip, though I can't see it happening....

Not sure how else we can make it clear that SK needs to cease to be the manager.

• Backroom

More worryingly is the players jumping on a plane and flying over to India mid-season, Kean must be fuming at this. I’m all for them going pre-season, but during the season, club in crisis, relegation a real possibility?

This is quite normal though isn't it?

Didn't we often fly out to Dubai under a previous manager when we were quite far down the table?

A lot of teams have trips abroad during international breaks.

This is quite normal though isn't it?

Didn't we often fly out to Dubai under a previous manager when we were quite far down the table?

A lot of teams have trips abroad during international breaks.

A bit of winter training in Dubai or Spain is one thing, but flying to India for an exhibition game is quite frankly another - Immunisations alone can have an impact on the body, I assume these will be taken.

This should not be happening during the season, international break or not, simple as that for me.

Archived