SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Feeling the heat yet Tom? It ain't rational but is likely to get worse.

It's fine, it was expected people like throwing blame around, there was very little stick until we lost the Newcastle game.

Testing times for all Rovers fans at present, just look around today and people were falling out over little things.

I'm not affected by it and totally understand some of the criticism and there has been some very good posts on both sides of the fence.

Venkys are paying for some rovers supporters to go and watch the team play in India. That is what this trip is about. Sadly the folk going may not be able to voice how they feel.

But it is totally wrong for any of us to give those going any abuse because they have accepted the invite. Ok we all have an opinion on this - some would have accepted the invite, others would not.

Personal choice is what we are all entitled to. But turning on your fellow rovers supporters and giving them abuse, because their opinion is different than our own, is just plain wrong.

All I want from these folk going is for them to have a good time, get home safely and share with us all what took place.

Personal choice is what we are all entitled to. But turning on your fellow rovers supporters and giving them abuse, because their opinion is different than our own, is just plain wrong.

Personal choice is a personal matter when the consequences affect only the individual concerned. When we are talking about a football club then passions will be aroused and no-one should be under any illusions about the actions and statements of passionate people. We are not debating the relative merits of x-factor contestants - we are talking about the most important thing in many people's lives - don't be surprised if they get upset at others perceived to be doing the wrong thing.

I would'nt take a damn thing from Venky's unless it was Steve Keans P45.

They have brought the club to it's knees purely by their own decisions and now they want to give a goodwill gesture to fans by paying for 9 fans to go over and see their culture.

They need to understand our culture and how Blackburn Rovers are more than just a club to a lot of fans, we are worlds apart and I dont know how 9 people can change this, I would be absolutely amazed if they even give you guys five minutes to discuss anything to do with the club.

I dont begrudge you guys wanting to go but I feel nothing but contempt for our owners at the minute and this trip is just another unnecessary distraction that we really dont need.

Our club is sinking to the depths while Venky's get exited to promote a pointless exhibition match, this may as well be called the 40 million pound match because that it is what it is going to cost them.

Id have tthought that with being so proud of their own support for our club, at least one of them would make a stand/gesture and refuse to accept the invitation. The silence is deafening.

Why would they have to do that? Just to please you and the some of the other bitter MB members? Gimpish.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, you have to see why fans would be annoyed with fellow fans going to India to fraternise with our owners who are contributing to our own demise.

Just hope all the senior players who were here before Venkys and Kentaro arrived give this jaunt a wide berth and refuse to go.

Come on Samba, Hoilett, Robbo, Olsson, Peds, and co. make a stand !

They probable will not be permitted too. After all they are employed by the club.

To be fair, you have to see why fans would be annoyed with fellow fans going to India to fraternise with our owners who are contributing to our own demise.

They are going over as the fans forum. Until they have had the trip and returned, we do not know if it will or not be of benefit to the club / supporters. Because we do not know is enough reason for waiting.

Archived