BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

It's pretty simple. If it is a week of photo ops, with tours around their charitable causes, the planned Rovers Venky Academy or whatever it is and Rovers v Pune FC then without doubt it will have been a complete waste of time for the greater fanbase.

IF, the 9 stand up for this 135 year old institution and ask some serious questions (bugger the conventions of the FF) then I will hail the lot of you and hope you have a reight good knees to celebrate.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty simple. If it is a week of photo ops, with tours around their charitable causes, the planned Rovers Venky Academy or whatever it is and Rovers v Pune FC then without doubt it will have been a complete waste of time for the greater fanbase.

IF, the 9 stand up for this 135 year old institution and ask some serious questions (bugger the conventions of the FF) then I will hail the lot of you and hope you have a reight good knees to celebrate.

Sums up my view. I think the 9 should go, but only if they speak the truth the Raos, in a direct, plain and unequivocal fashion.

If the conventions of the FF don't allow that, then they should not go. What need is there to travel to Pune to discuss the cakes and tea?

Sums up my view. I think the 9 should go, but only if they speak the truth the Raos, in a direct, plain and unequivocal fashion.

If the conventions of the FF don't allow that, then they should not go. What need is there to travel to Pune to discuss the cakes and tea?

I can be diplomatic, but just can't lie, so no worries on the first one. The second one as previously mentioned, social meeting rather than formal meeting means social rules rather than formal rules.

I won't be wearing a Kean Out T-Shirt to dinner in the hotel, but likewise if anyone asks me what I or the fans think of Kean, I'll not hold back.

The idea of 'wait and see' really confuses me. We ARE getting relegated with Kean in charge. Venky's obviously want what's best for the club but have absolutely no experience in football, so they don't really know what they're doing. Using your countless collective years of experience as fans to guide them in the right direction should be an obligation, but it seems fairly clear nobody wants to do it. I'm not sure I've read a bad word written against Kean from anyone going on the trip.

I don't see what is to be gained by people not going though, of course they should go. Go with the intention of making Kean's position impossible whilst being supportive of Venky's and everyone is a winner.

I hope those going have a safe and enjoyable trip. The only question I would like them to ask Mrs. Desai is a simple one. Based on the depth of knowledge that Mrs Desai clearly has about football, after all I think she'd admitted to seeing one game at the time, what led her to believe that Sam Allardyce - who turned Ewood into something of a fortress - wasn't suitable for the job of manager but that Steve Kean is suitable. I would love to know the reasons behind that wonderful business decision.

I can be diplomatic, but just can't lie, so no worries on the first one. The second one as previously mentioned, social meeting rather than formal meeting means social rules rather than formal rules.

I won't be wearing a Kean Out T-Shirt to dinner in the hotel, but likewise if anyone asks me what I or the fans think of Kean, I'll not hold back.

Please dont wait to be asked. enjoy the trip but use it on behalf of all fans to get the message across

Please dont wait to be asked. enjoy the trip but use it on behalf of all fans to get the message across

Exactly. I appreciate the need for diplomacy and this is certainly a factor, but the Pune 9 should go with a pre-arranged agenda.

I know this trip is more about the team going to Pune, but if need be hijack things a bit and demand a full and frank meeting with the owners.

If they arent playing ball - well there's plenty of ways you can embarass them since both British and Indian media will be covering the trip. That will get them to listen.

My biggest worry would be awkwardness.

The other day I took one our new Doctors out to see if she was capable of driving, she was shocking, when I got back the Director/Head Doctor asked me infront of her did she do ok.

Now, do I tell the truth and embarrass her she might not get the job, or lie and the results will backfire on me and I suffer, the company suffers.

You guys might be so overwehlmed that it will be difficult to tell them they are doing a bad job and their golden boy is bad.

Could someone print Glens post out and give it to the owners?

Another woeful display from the Manager from the technical area, and more evidence he is out of his depth.

Never mind going to India, I think the whole trip should be cancelled. The work needs to be done here on the training ground to get this awful mess sorted out. Running around doing a Marketing PR exercise for Venky's in India is not going to help us improve our results.

This trip should never have been scheduled during the season, and if we pick injuries up during the exhibition match then we are going to live to regret it.

Below I have put some stats on Kean's Reign and added Sam Allardyces from last season.

Steve Kean's reign

LEAGUE

Played: 28

Won: 6

Drawn:8

Lost:14

Scored:32

Conceded:49

Clean Sheets:4

HOME

Played: 15

Won:4

Drawn:5

Lost:6

Scored:16

Conceded:20

Clean sheets:3

AWAY

Played: 13

Won:2

Drawn:3

Lost:8

Scored:16

Conceded:29

Clean sheets:1

CUP

Played :4

Won:3

Lost:1

Scored:8

Conceded:6

Clean Sheets:1

NOTE ALL THREE VICTORIES IN CUP HAVE BEEN AGAINST LOWER DIVISION OPPOSITION

*Just 5 clean sheets in 32 games.

*Not had a clean sheet for 12 Matches.

*Only picked up 24 points out of a possible 84

*Failed to find the net in 10 of Kean's 28 games

*Only won 2 matches were we have kept a clean sheet

*Home attendances down by 15%

*Longest unbeaten run 4 games

*Longest run without winning 10 games

*Rovers have not recorded back to back wins at all in the league under Kean

*Rovers won 4 of their last 7 fixtures under Sam Allardyce getting 12 points from 21 available this is 50% of Keans points total in his entire reign as Rover Manager. This included winning our last 3 home games under Sam and keeping 4 clean sheets in 15 games.

Sams record from last season

Played:17

Won:6

Lost:7

Drawn:4

Scored:22

Conceded:30

Clean Sheets:4

HOME

Played:8

Won:4

Drawn:2

Lost:2

For:11

Against:6

Clean sheets:4

AWAY

Played:9

Won:2

Drawn:5

Lost:2

For:11

Against:24

Clean Sheets:0

*Only failed to score twice

*Home defeats came against Arsenal and Chelsea.

*22 points from 51 Available

Finally of the 7 games we have played this season under Kean against the same 7 teams under Sam last season

Wolves Home: Kean Lost Sam Won

Eveton Home: Kean Lost Sam Won

Newcastle Away: Kean Lost Sam won

Villa Away: Kean Lost, Sam won Home fixture

Arsenal Home: Kean Won Sam Lost

Fulham Away: Kean Drew Sam drew Home fixture

Man City Home: Kean Lost Sam Drew Away fixture

Keans points 4 Sams Points 14

My biggest worry would be awkwardness.

The other day I took one our new Doctors out to see if she was capable of driving, she was shocking, when I got back the Director/Head Doctor asked me infront of her did she do ok.

Now do I tell the truth and embarrass her she might not get the job, or lie and the results will backfire on me and I suffer.

You guys might be so overwehlmed that it will be difficult to tell them they are doing a bad job and their golden boy is bad.

Where do you work? The only doctors that absolutely have to drive are GPs, and even then possession of a UK driving licence is usually enough, they don't need to have their driving assessed as far as I know.

Could someone print Glens post out and give it to the owners?

Where do you work? The only doctors that absolutely have to drive are GPs, and even then possession of a UK driving licence is usually enough, they don't need to have their driving assessed as far as I know.

I'm Marketing Manager for an Occupational Health Company, we work from Brighton to Inverness, a lot of travelling for Dr's, home visits.

Ah okay. Still surprising that doctors driving would need to be assessed above and beyond what the DVLA requires, but you learn something new every day I guess.

She was from Germany and asked in the interview "which one is the break pedal" even thogh she had done 20,000 miles in Germany.

We normally trust drivers ofcourse, I'm not a driving examiner.

scariest 40 minutes of my life. She didn't even look for cars going over roundabouts, nearly hit a lorry.

Putting this in here as well as the Venkys thread as not sure which is more relevant.

Dear Mrs Desai

I work in a school in Blackburn. The children on our school roll are 100% Asian heritage, around 60% of them are Indian.

The vast majority of kids love football and predominantly support the big 4. These children do not have the family ties to the club that others in the area may have.

For years I have encouraged these children to follow Rovers, with some success. Now, most of them just laugh because "Rovers are rubbish" or "Rovers never win".

These are children aged 5-11. They are not interested in long term vision or 'the number of entries into the box'. They want to see a team that wins and is successful.

Rather than me try and persuade you that Steve Kean and yourselves are taking Rovers in the wrong direction. I challenge you to come to our school and justify Rover's recent record and performances under the manager.

I challenge you to convince these children that Rovers should be their team, a team they can be proud of, with owners/role models they can aspire to?

Thank you.

It's probably worth mentioning that one of the very few advantages (other than cost) with the trend of outsourcing/offshoring IT work to India over the last decade or so is that several of us have plenty of experience dealing with Indians in a business scenario (and it's very very different to dealing with brits).

Putting this in here as well as the Venkys thread as not sure which is more relevant.

Dear Mrs Desai

I work in a school in Blackburn. The children on our school roll are 100% Asian heritage, around 60% of them are Indian.

The vast majority of kids love football and predominantly support the big 4. These children do not have the family ties to the club that others in the area may have.

For years I have encouraged these children to follow Rovers, with some success. Now, most of them just laugh because "Rovers are rubbish" or "Rovers never win".

These are children aged 5-11. They are not interested in long term vision or 'the number of entries into the box'. They want to see a team that wins and is successful.

Rather than me try and persuade you that Steve Kean and yourselves are taking Rovers in the wrong direction. I challenge you to come to our school and justify Rover's recent record and performances under the manager.

I challenge you to convince these children that Rovers should be their team, a team they can be proud of, with owners/role models they can aspire to?

Thank you.

100% Asian??? never heard of that, little bit shocked.

Good they like football, need more British Asian supporters getting into football and away from cricket.

That is all that can be expected from you and everybody else.

It's their prerogative as to whether they go or not but I would like more from them PAFELL if possible.These people have an ideal opportunity,face to face,to voice the fears we all have about our club at present.

Please do not be appeasers to the current situation.

We have to bare in mind that they are invited to somebody elses home. They may 'feel' like grabbing one of the owners by the throat and demanding Kean be sacked etc. But it is not the right way to do things.

Venkys are out of their depth in running a football club. supporters maybe in a position to help them in some way. But before that can be done a relationship between the two - for the sake of the club - has to be established first. Then we maybe able to make progress.

Me I wish kean was a horse with a broken leg. I could then shoot him legally. But that is not the case.

Good they like football, need more British Asian supporters getting into football and away from cricket.

Been that way for well over ten years.

450 kids on roll, boys love football way more than cricket. These are potentially the next generation of fans but the majority don't have parents that follow Rovers. They are young and impressionable so support the teams that win and have the superstar players.

Considering one's primarily a summer sport and the other's a winter sport, it's perfectly possible to like both.

Especially because there's not much cricket on Saturday afternoons.

Doffing your cap to the (supposedly) rich and powerful is pathetic - rather like working class Tory voters.

The Pune9 should be polite but direct and not avoid the questions that need to be asked and the home-truths that need to be told..

Not to do so would be a dereliction of duty as Rovers supporters.

Doffing your cap to the (supposedly) rich and powerful is pathetic - rather like working class Tory voters.

The Pune9 should be polite but direct and not avoid the questions that need to be asked and the home-truths that need to be told..

Not to do so would be a dereliction of duty as Rovers supporters.

I also think that given the chance they will do so. Something I haven't read on here, is about trusting those who are going. At the end of the day they are rovers supporters, who love and care for the club. Like all of us are concerned about how things are. Therefore we have to trust those going over to do what they can to get points across.

what's Tris's veiw on it?

Two things I remember about Tris, 1) he hated me and 2) he always had a strong opinion and passionate.

If he has decided he likes Kean then he'll get good backing but if he is against him I'm sure he'd say so.

Dear Mrs Desai

Thank you.

The bit in bold comes down to values and local pride. If their parents aren't into Rovers, how do you instill that into their kids?

Ironic, given that primary schools for years have avoided promoting competitiveness, that success should be seen as the most important factor.

My kids love Rovers - not down to them being successful (in their lifetimes) or winning matches but because it's "their" team. You can't choose your team, your team chooses you. To be a fan of a club outside the top 6, you have to either come from that town or have parents/close family that do.

what's Tris's veiw on it?

Two things I remember about Tris, 1) he hated me and 2) he always had a strong opinion and passionate.

If he has decided he likes Kean then he'll get good backing but if he is against him I'm sure he'd say so.

3) He was almost always wrong.

Backed Ince, was always against Sam and would come out on here over the summer and argue against people who criticised Venky's and Kean.

Must have changed his mind now no doubt though.

Archived