BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen to the podcast, read the press release. Nowhere has it been said that there was going to be a meeting. Making the trip into a single issue Kean out trip would not work.

Could some form of open letter or joint statement not be handed to Venky's expressing deep concerns on behalf of Rovers supporters? It would be dignified, discreet and not confrontational in the slightest.

- You could include the figures taken from the opinion polls that have been running on here this season.

- You could also include quotes from various people in the City thread who said they are no longer bothering to turn up despite being long-term season ticket holders.

- Anecdotal evidence showing that the Premier League has a queue of good coaches who were out of their depth as managers could be added.

- You could outline what happened to clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry City, Leicester City, Charlton Athletic, Southampton etc. that dropped out of the league and had massive problems. If we go down a similar fate awaits, I'm not sure they're aware just how badly it could hurt the club.

For all we know Venky's believe Kean's "one percentage" rubbish.

I suspect that the Rao family will seriously underestimate the knowlege, ability and intelligence of the Rovers 9.

I suspect so too. Every single fan on that trip is better qualified to judge what is happening to the club than anyone based in India.

I'm going to put this Pune trip scenario to all:

Mass coverage in India of Rovers team arrival,all smiles,all together,all behind Kean and Venky's.

Press Photo releases of happy,clappy fans,all smiles,all together,all behind Kean and Venky's.

Sunshine,Lemonade and Lollipops all round folks!

. Meanwhile back in Blackburn,sales of Prozac reach epidemic levels as Calderstones mental hospital overflows with stressed out blues! :blink:

Could some form of open letter or joint statement not be handed to Venky's expressing deep concerns on behalf of Rovers supporters? It would be dignified, discreet and not confrontational in the slightest.

- You could include the figures taken from the opinion polls that have been running on here this season.

- You could also include quotes from various people in the City thread who said they are no longer bothering to turn up despite being long-term season ticket holders.

- Anecdotal evidence showing that the Premier League has a queue of good coaches who were out of their depth as managers could be added.

- You could outline what happened to clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry City, Leicester City, Charlton Athletic, Southampton etc. that dropped out of the league and had massive problems. If we go down a similar fate awaits, I'm not sure they're aware just how badly it could hurt the club.

For all we know Venky's believe Kean's "one percentage" rubbish.

I suspect so too. Every single fan on that trip is better qualified to judge what is happening to the club than anyone based in India.

This is a letter I sent to rovers back in August

Dear Mrs Desai/Mr Hunt,

It has been said by many of the national journalists that there have been many poor short term decisions taken at this football club in the recent past. This is undoubtedly true and one of them was the appointment of Steve Kean as Blackburn Rovers manager. In all his zero years of management there was absolutely no evidence that he had the experience required to manage a club of the stature of Blackburn Rovers FC. Despite this, for nine months most fans have supported him as best we could, as we did not want to exacerbate the problem We were happy to trust your judgement, to allow you to get your feet under the desk, to appoint a management team and to make the right decision on the manager when you were ready. We were hoping that in return Steve just might prove capable of limiting the long-term damage to the club during that time.

Unfortunately it is clear from events so far this season and the second part of last season culminating in the inept display on Saturday that the consequences of keeping Steve Kean in place are now so pressing that immediate and decisive action is required from yourselves. His position at the club is no longer tenable. He appears to have lost the ability to motivate the team, a team of internationals, and he has certainly lost the backing of the Blackburn crowd openly showing their derision at his inept tactics.

The bond between Blackburn fans and their managers is strong, stronger than at any club in the world, and in normal circumstances it would be unthinkable to see the crowd turn on the manager as they are doing. If there was ever any coming back from that for Mr Kean he closed that door himself in his post-match interview when he said the team produced a good performance. Sorry, but those fans will be standing on the Blackburn End supporting this team long after Steve Kean has gone and they were supporting their club in the only way they know how, defending it from a man who is corroding it from the inside.

We wholeheartedly agree with your strategy of concentrating on what is in the best long-term interests of Blackburn Rovers FC, even if it is at the expense of short-term popularity. We now believe however that we have reached a tipping point and that Steve Kean’s continued presence in the dugout is now detrimental to the long-term future of the club as well as our immediate future this league season.

I look forward to hearing your response.

I think it is all still relevant apart from the time scales etc, its now gone on longer

Well to be fair, they don't know you and they are very conscious of the safety of the traveling party, all of whom they do know or are known to the club personally.

This does not help Venkys cause in the slightest. Venkys appears to know there are Rovers fans a short distance from Pune, but has done nothing to get to know them. This despite Venkys' alleged goal of spreading the Rover brand throughout India. Seems a bit contradictory.

And checking up on three local fans does not seem to be a Herculean task.

Listened to the Pune Trip Podcast all the way through.

It was very good and clarified a lot of matters and the two from FF came across well as normal, sane and sensible. Can't ask for more than that really. Good luck and if nothing else enjoy the trip and keep safe.

I kind of wish this Podcast had been done earlier as I'm sure it would have eased some fan concerns. It helped me anyway.

Listened to the Pune Trip Podcast all the way through.

It was very good and clarified a lot of matters and the two from FF came across well as normal, sane and sensible. Can't ask for more than that really. Good luck and if nothing else enjoy the trip and keep safe.

I kind of wish this Podcast had been done earlier as I'm sure it would have eased some fan concerns. It helped me anyway.

I didn't think we had said anything on the podcast that we hadn't already tried to articulate on here, but clearly from comments made people seem to be much clearer now. To that extent and with the benefit of hindsight we maybe should have done it earlier. I think we were trying to do it at the time we had the best information. It may well be that it's just easier to get things across in a conversation than in a succession of short posts.

venkys see this as a huge opportunity and have invited wives and girlfriends of the players and staff to join the trip.

also part of the itinary is a trip to a snake farm (owned by 1 of the brothers).

steve kean should be used to the hissing! :)

Snake Farm:

First of all is anyone coming up for this game? If so please send me a direct message.

My posts are usually not negative but her goes one.

In india (mumbai) we have a group of 50 or so blackburn followers, and until now despite several attempts to contact venkys we have failed. If they want to increase their fan base in india they should start with what they already have. Initially they had told 3 of us to come for the meeting with the other fans from the uk, however today we received email saying after careful consideration we have decided that the fans meeting will consist of fans from abroad rather than india. I find this ridiculous. We have out box seats for the pfc rovers game on friday, all of us will wear or rovers jerseys and let vekys know what we think of them. This has nothing to do with results on the pitch or even the way they have run the football club as we have no insight into these things, things to form an opinion, it is based entirely on the poor treatment of fans inside india. And if you'll believe there is a blackburn football academy opening anytime soon, you'll are having a laugh, there is no academy in the near future. I have a lot of sources into football development in india having worked for the AIFF(all india football federation) and also have a lot of friends currently working with football asian development and these rumors are far off. They hired a punit shebby singh (google him if you like) to apparently help set up the academy, but the guy along with steve mcmahon are investing into their own academy here and chose not to be apart of venkys although venkys claiming he is on their "payroll".

Again sorry for the negative rant and if anyone is coming up let me know we will go for a beer pre match.

All I can suggest is try, try and try again. There have been several attempts to get an audience with the owners that came to nothing and I have to admit I was gobsmacked when it was suggested we travel to India rather than the other way around.

Rovers, whilst seemingly improving again, doesn't seem to be quite the well oiled machine it once was and from the outside looking in, it seems the general decision making process is much more complicated that it once was, so don't assume the it's an intentional snub, it could be a simple complication from a single party, so don't give up home, keep asking, keep trying, keep reminding them you are there and want to be part of the club. It's also obvious the club is taking security very very seriously which will complicate matters a lot, but I'll see if we can manage a beer and a chat somehow, PM me a email address / phone number / Skype Address or something. There are 9 FF Members (which includes 7 BRFCS members) + 2 other invitees (1 is a BRFCS member) plus we now think two groups of 4 independent travellers (not sure though) and maybe a couple more, all travelling over.

I have noticed the site's been getting significant traffic from Mumbai (more than from Pune), so nice work :) If you want to set up an Unofficial India Supporters Club, we'd be delighted to help with web hosting / advertising / introducing you to the right people at the club etc.

PS. I consider my fear of heights irrational, silly and down right annoying. My fear of snakes I consider is a perfectly reasonable survival trait ;)

Well, off we go tomorrow, thanks for all the comments both positive and negative it's always good to see people's views.

Guys - you know my feelings.

However, wish you all a good, safe trip and just make sure that Venky's are left in no uncertain terms about the depth of anger and feeling generally and particularly towards Kean.

Enjoy!

as i have said before this is a unique chance to get the message across directly, do not wait for the opportunity, make the opportunity yourselves. you have the chance to say to those that matter, what 96% of us wish we could say. Your club needs you, don't let us down.

Most importantly however, have a safe journey over there, stay safe whilst you are there, have a safe journey back and we all look forward to hearing about a wonderful experience.

Enjoy it fellow Blues :brfcsmilie:

Archived