BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Here's a novel thought. How about you chosen few - primed for the pilgrimage to Pune - tell the club's woefully out-of-touch owners as it is, regardless of the ideals dictated by the "briefing"? I couldn't personally give a monkey's how "well-intentioned" they claim to be. Exactly what have they done to deserve the treatment of royalty that cannot be questioned? :angry:

If you all get the opportunity to meet, their are a number of things that - I'd hope - would be made crystal-clear:

- That their premature ejaculation on entrance to the Premier League jamboree damn nearly lead to our exit from said League after a decade of success under the dependable guidance of the much-maligned Walker Trust, and still threatens to should they fail to jettison their most symbolic and burdensome blunder - Steve Kean. Allardyce, Williams and Finn - actual assets to the club - were swept aside like a worthless lump of cack on a wedding aisle without a shred of remorse. What has Steve Kean - a man who is handi-capping the club on a daily basis - done to be afforded the patience they were so brutally denied?

- That their vainglorious pursuit of various decaying stars of yester-year are not only farfetched and utterly laughable, but also from the outside appear to be diluting the authority of both the management and scouting department. Scarcely appealing to any on-looking candidate worth his salt should Kean be sacked.

- That the influence of their thoroughly deplorable Dutch Uncle - Jerome "couldn't pick his nose" Anderson - was allowed to escalate way out of control and that his lousy legacy lives on (despite having allegedly been marginalised) with the club lumbered with his lame lad Myles.

- That Steve Kean's scripted blather - which they are probably complicit with - does not butter the parsnips of an ever-growing group of disillusioned supporters, that feel as though they are having the wool pulled over their eyes by people that are supposed to be representing the club that they love.

- That they have already failed to buttress their assurances that 5 million pound would be invested each window - with the net spend this summer being a negative one.

- That their collective failure to make an appearance for the opening game of the season was completely unacceptable. They simply must attend more games in order to understand this magical club and what makes it's supporters tick.

- That going through with this self-indulgent shindig and risking player fatigue through un-necessary globe-trotting - during a relegation battle - is unorthodox to say the least. Bare in mid that this isn't like any normal mid-season get-away, Blackburn Rovers will be the main focus of attention and the onus will be on the players to impress - that could prove mentally draining - compounding the unavoidable jet-lag.

- That their status as novices that "don't know any better" doesn't even begin to mitigate the madness of many of their actions. They didn't have to jump in all guns blazing, a calculated sit back and take stock policy would have been much less chaotic. That they've been broadly condemned by all and sundry shows if nothing else that their handling of the club has been brain-addled. SAF was particularly scathing and I'd suggest he knows his onions infinitely more than Venky's do.

- Also, essentially, that they have failed miserably to give off the impression that they ever really intented to foster this proud club's traditions, regardless of what they claimed on arrival almost a year back with that largely violated list of promises. Promises that made perfect sense and had they been kept we'd not be here today lamenting such a lengthy rap-sheet of feather-brained folly.

With the above in mind, despite the emphasis on Kean it's clear that Venky's are every bit as culpable for the clubs demise. If introducing them to the full extent of their amateur mis-haps "breaks down relations" then I'm afraid that it all but confirms that they are not, and never will be, the owners they promised to be. However, do not let that deter you from speaking the truths as, in my view, they'd have to be as mad as a March hare to ignore your concerns - as it would instantly undermine the trust that is their to be built between the two parties. For instance, what is to be gained from prohibiting Kean's wretchedness from all discussions when that is the single most important topic on most Rovers supporters' lips? The sooner they realise that results are paramount and will in turn cover a multitude of off-field sins, the sooner they will sooth relations between them and the malcontents on the terraces.

Steve Kean just isn't a manager, he's the amplifier that has exposed Venky's lack of dexterity warts-and-all week after week with his pitiful efforts to deflect scrutiny away from our ailing club. To my mind, Kean's reign has been a monument to misery and it's time it came to an end, it is the duty of those invited that are of a disgruntled-with-Kean persuasion to explain first-hand just how poor you feel his tenure has been. Don't dramatically digress from the pleasantries by any means and enjoy yourselves, but please make it abundantly clear that Steve Kean is an albatross round the neck of our club and that of all the turds he steams most - a view shared by nigh-on 95% and counting of the most recent poll concerning him.

Ultimately, if certain points aren't going to be raised next week through fear that it might "upset" Venky's then I'm afraid I too agree that the get-together is tantamount to weeing into the wind. Venky's have made light work of upsetting an awful lot of supporters with many of their actions and they need to know that this has to come to an end. The longer the problems are ignored the more damaging the consequences will be...

Absofookinlutey THE best post I have read on here since I joined.

Please, can one of the 'goers' just print this and pass it to Mrs D............

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there not a section for payment in kind on the tax form, there used to be and I once got questioned about hotel bills and meals by the tax office, they said they were classed as payment in kind

also all benefits and payments have to be declared,

unless your a politician then you just say sorry when found out!

• Backroom

Great post Rolo PB - pretty much all of my thoughts in writing. Almost impossible to rationally argue against any of your points, Venky's ownership has thus far been nothing short of a disgrace and if they have the opportunity those going to Pune need to make sure the owners are aware of how badly let down the fans feel. They also need to make sure Venky's know that actions speak louder than words.

Absofookinlutey THE best post I have read on here since I joined.

Please, can one of the 'goers' just print this and pass it to Mrs D............

Better still, can someone who has the email addresses distribute to the media ie Sky, Sun, Mirror, Talkfootball, LT, Radio Lancs.

Problem is that any meeting with the owners will probably be graced with the presence of Steve Kean. It takes a lot of bottle to demand the sacking of a man when he is sitting accross the table from you. I hope somebody has the guts to do it though.

Problem is that any meeting with the owners will probably be graced with the presence of Steve Kean. It takes a lot of bottle to demand the sacking of a man when he is sitting accross the table from you. I hope somebody has the guts to do it though.

Good point.

I dont really know what to excpect from the ones who are going. But I DO know that I reallllly hope they dont give the owners any kind of impression that everything seems to be just fine. Its obvsiously not fine AT ALL and almost everyone is unhappy right now, with Kean and all that. So I really hope, you who are travelling, speak your honest mind to them and give them your views on just how the fans are feeling about all this. But dont forget to enjoy your trip as well. Must be quite an experience! Good luck! :tu:

If they don't fire Kean then I wouldn't go to India and tell them that it is due to their support of Kean.

That would be a message heard far louder than anything you could say in person. It would also be a press worthy story that could prove that it is a little more than 1% that hate him.

If they don't fire Kean then I wouldn't go to India and tell them that it is due to their support of Kean.

That would be a message heard far louder than anything you could say in person. It would also be a press worthy story that could prove that it is a little more than 1% that hate him.

Thank you, I have stated this several times now too.

The message should be clear: "If Kean won't be sacked then there is nothing further to discuss". End of story.

Well, I hope that they still go and, after securing their plane ticket back, make a realistic and truthfull statement to Venky's, even if it will probably very unpleasant.

There are a lot of changes to be done starting with sacking Kean and replacing him with a proper football manager.

If this is (as it seems to be billed) a "meet the disgruntled fans" visit then I'm inclined to agree, Miker.

However, as there is actually a 90% fans forum contingency, it should be billed a Fans Forum visit. Although Sky won't portray it that way.

In the latter case, the discussions will be for long term gain and not simply centre around Kean so it would be unwise to put up ultimatums around the current "manager".

Question is, which is it...?

Still a rock and still a hard place. And still the FF caught up in the middle. I feel sorry for you guys.

• Backroom

If this is (as it seems to be billed) a "meet the disgruntled fans" visit then I'm inclined to agree, Miker.

However, as there is actually a 90% fans forum contingency, it should be billed a Fans Forum visit. Although Sky won't portray it that way.

It isn't and never has been that it was just lazy journalism.

The fact is the trip is all about the players going out there, the fans have just been invited along at the same time to learn a bit about the owners. If we meet the owners and get a chance to have a chat I'm sure people will say what is on their mind but there is no formal meeting to ask questions AFAIK, there is no point expecting that.

Us refusing to go wouldn't even register on their scale other than making them not want any future interaction with the fans.

The fact is the trip is all about the players going out there, the fans have just been invited along at the same time to learn a bit about the owners. If we meet the owners and get a chance to have a chat I'm sure people will say what is on their mind but there is no formal meeting to ask questions AFAIK, there is no point expecting that.

Us refusing to go wouldn't even register on their scale.

Learn a 'bit' about the Owners?

FFS Tom! why dont these people learn a LOT about the club and its fans first <_<

Us refusing to go wouldn't even register on their scale other than making them not want any future interaction with the fans.

You did spot that I was trying to provide some balance and defend you guys, right Tom?

Perception is reality though. If Sky say you are disgruntled fans, then you are disgruntled fans. Simple as that.

• Backroom

You did spot that I was trying to provide some balance and defend you guys, right Tom?

Perception is reality though. If Sky say you are disgruntled fans, then you are disgruntled fans. Simple as that.

I did mate and thank you.

The problem is there are people in support of it but most those people post once in agreement with the trip, the people against it are more vociferous and post more often with their concerns and they are well within their rights to do so.

I didn't want to post much in here but wanted to try and respond to some of the concerns, probably best I leave it at that as I don't want to antagonise people further.

Well then I've certainly changed my position on this. Before I could see the point of you guys going if a meeting with the owners was likely. Glenn said he was going on the grounds that he'd meet the owners to raise concerns anywhere, or words to that effect.

But if it's unlikely this is a realistic situation then don't go. Or at least before you go demand an hour with the owners to raise some grave points about the future of our club and if this can't be guaranteed then pull the plug. That's not much to ask and it's plenty of time in which to express our concens.

You are going as representatives as all of us. This I don't mind, but only if you're going to be truly representative of the feelings of the fanbase. That doesn't mean shouting Kean Out at every opportunity, but it does mean being forthright and up front about the crisis in which we're in. If you're just there soaking up the hospitality and cheering things on in Pune, you WILL do more harm than good.

the timing of this pish poor idea to play in india is surely all that saves this maggots job, no one with an ounce of sense would risk the players going down with something in a 3rd world country in the middle of the season

A raping by Qpr when everyone is drained from food poisoning will just give the useless scumbag another excuse....doomed doomed doomed

Archived