BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be doing down on saturday, don't really know what to expect. Haven't seen much of QPR this season so don't know where they stand. They've made some excellent additions which hardly cost them anything in transfer fees. People like Barton & Wright-Phillips are exactly the type of player we should have been looking at signing over the summer.

On the surface it looks like a recipe for another disastrous away day. Our players will be tired after spending the international break in India, combined with a general lack of fitness should see us (as usual) run out of steam around the 60 minute mark, like we did at Fulham. Then will come the bombardment as QPR will sense a great opportunity to put a massive 3 points on the board and widen the gap between us and them to 7 points even at this early stage in the season. We are incapable of putting together a sustained spell of pressure, in part due to the abysmal fitness level of the players and the lack of confidence when we go behind in a game. QPR themselves will be desperate for a win after being hammered by their local rivals 2 weeks ago. Warnock will have spent the time since going over their weaknesses and making sure players are ready for the challenge, rather than taking them to the other side of the world for a holiday in India.

On the other hand their confidence will be low, particularly in defence, and they are still yet to win at Loftus Road this season. If ever there was an away game to win this is it.

At best a 1-1 draw, but probably a 2-1 or 3-1 defeat. After taking an early lead we will be incapable of holding on to it, will concede an equaliser before half time and concede another couple in the second half. Kean will bemoan not having an assistant manager and he'll still be incharge for the Spurs game a week later.

Good post. Fully agree. Apart from us going 1-0 up.

2-1 QPR. Samba for us, late on.

To add to that, nine of our players have been on international duty elsewhere which I would assume has been more taxing than the visit to India.

European Internationals are a necessity a game in Pune certainly isnt.

Our fitness this season has been very poor, the worrying thing is, it is obvious

to see players all over the pitch have been struggling late in games.....Hopefully now Chris Rush has come in this will change.

I just think in our current predicament 2 weeks on the training field would

have been alot more productive!

I just think it would be lazy to blame the trip as T4E stated above.

We went to Dubai a couple of years back and then won the next game, burnley wasn't it?

The Dubai trip was an R and R trip no match was played, and they weren't dragged from one event to the next.....

I agree with the Fans going but dragging the full squad of to India wasnt Ideal!

Leaving Kean in India is Ideal however! :tu:

Vukcevic has to start

You tell him tiger!

Even with Kean's random numbers selection and substitutions, QPR have enough weaknesses that ordinarily we should beat them with something to spare at Loftus Road- hardly the most intimidating of venues.

However, they will be gifted enough space and posession in midfield and down the flanks to beat us easily if they get their chances on target.

Hello, I've just moved to to London and i'll be going to the game (rude not to as it's literally 15 mins away!). Do you know if travelling fans are going to a pub first or straight to the match? I'll be on my own and don't fancy wandering around with my colours on! I'm in the silver stand aparatly... :)

Cheers

Rob

Had a dream that we were losing 2-0 last night. :(

Wigan and Bolton playing this weekend, I get the feeling that Bolton will edge that one as (unlike us) they have a manager who i think will turn it around.

Watch us make 20th place ours for the rest of the season by 5pm on Saturday.

Cryer reckons:

Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Dann, Givet, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Lowe, Olsson, Rochina, Yakubu

Worried by the middle two in midfield and surely, a place has to be found for Simon Vuc who, despite a lack of pace, does seem to have some intelligence, vision and skill on the ball - put Hoilett in the hole instead of Rochina and Simon on the right.

_________Robinson____________

_Salgago__Samba__Dann__Givet_

___Nzonzi__Vukcevic__Grella__

_______Rochina__Olsson_______

____________Yakubu___________

Subs Bench

Bunn, Lowe, Formica, Dunn, Pedersen, Holliet, Roberts or Goodwillie

We'll lose the game in the midfield if we're not careful. For me I'd have Nzonzi and Grella covering the full backs and adding a bit of bite to a mobile defensive mid set up. Vukcevic to shuttle up and down the centre, carry the ball and be inventive in support around the box. The two skill players Rochina and Olsson to supply Yak. They have the pace to track back if necessary.

Not sure Hoilett's head is right so the bench for me and bring him on as an imopact player if needed. The usual suspects join him on the bench.

I'd be quite optimistic of a result if we set up like this but hey ho Kean's in charge so ... QPR 2 Rovers 1.

Cryer reckons:

Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Dann, Givet, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Lowe, Olsson, Rochina, Yakubu

Worried by the middle two in midfield and surely, a place has to be found for Simon Vuc who, despite a lack of pace, does seem to have some intelligence, vision and skill on the ball - put Hoilett in the hole instead of Rochina and Simon on the right.

its certainly a statement of intent.... Judging on past performance, we'll live or die by how much tracking back olsson and hoillet will do.

salgado samba dann givet

nzonzi lowe

olsson rochina hoillet

yakubu

Archived