BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

Quietly confident about this one. Expecting the 3 points. QPR aren't up to much and this is really a game that we should be winning.

As an established premiership team who've spent a few bob over the summer :rolleyes: this game should at least harvest one point for Rovers if not all three, but then again we have Mr.Kean.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to that, nine of our players have been on international duty elsewhere which I would assume has been more taxing than the visit to India.

The Pune trip was a complete waste of time. The chicken man should have been focussing on keeping us in the Premiership rather than a media and marketing stunt by players and fans in India.

Kean out

Venkys out

------------------Robinson

---Lowe----Samba----Dann----Givet

Vukcevic----Dunn-----Nzonzi-----Olsson

-------------------Hoilett

-------------------Yakubu

Subs:- Bunn, Salgado, Grella, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie

Lets works our nuts off shall we lads? Otherwise we’re going to get beat.

------------------Robinson

---Lowe----Samba----Dann----Givet

Vukcevic----Dunn-----Nzonzi-----Olsson

-------------------Hoilett

-------------------Yakubu

Subs:- Bunn, Salgado, Grella, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie

Lets works our nuts off shall we lads? Otherwise we’re going to get beat.

I'd swap Hoilett for Rochina or Formica. Hoilett doesnt seem to be focused enough ATM where as the other 2 would play their hearts out. Also I asked Rochina where his favourite position is and it is in the hole as he like to slot the main striker through or take on some shots as he loves shooting from distance

I don't understand the 'drop Hoilett' stuff. Hasn't he been voted MOM for at least two games running?

He's our most likely source of a goal (directly or indirectly), it's madness not to play him.

If he's decided he's moving in January then he'll want to play as well as possible to attract the biggest teams with the most money. Not performing from now until then would cost him millions. If he's staying then he'll want to help us get out of trouble. Either way he plays if fit.

-----------robbo

lowe-----------> samba --------> givet ------>dann

vucevick--------> nzonzi-----------> formica------>olsson

--------------->rochina or hoilett

---------------->yakubu

That team would get smashed to bits! too light weight imo!

I don't understand the 'drop Hoilett' stuff. Hasn't he been voted MOM for at least two games running?

He's our most likely source of a goal (directly or indirectly), it's madness not to play him.

3 out of 7 games so far.....says it all.

I have now had enough, Clement's appointment is the last straw, and finished with the club whilst we continue to employ what I and many regard as a cretinous manager.

The Rovers I have known for 50ish years has gone.

I hate Venky's and, in particular, 'Kean Rovers' and I just hope that we get hammered out of sight at QPR and home to Spurs. IMV, the short term just has to be sacrificed for the longevity of the club both as a PL club and a going concern.

It's bizarre. One comment has led to everyone deciding "his heads not in the right place".

For me it's not about him and how good he is it's about the team balance against QPR. They have fast flair wing players who will be trying to give our full backs a lot of pain. Full back is where we are getting creamed every week. Hoilett is not the best at tracking back, Olsson is. Leaving Hoilett out loses us his flair but that can be replaced by playing Rochina IMO.

I advocated two defensive mids for added protection. Assuming they do their job and win ball then we need someone to play it out of defensive mid positions and join up with the attack, for me that's Vukcevic playing in a quirky central position with a brief to receive ball and use it creatively.

Rochina and Olsson to play a bit more centrally than usual but licensed to move out for wing play when necessary. So Vukcevic up and down the middle with the ball, Grella and Nzonzi mixing it up with a few long passes, Rochina and Olsson to buzz around in attack and get back as the game demands. Yak to smash them in.

Hoillet is overkill in such a formation, that's all I was saying. Put him on the bench and use him to freshen things up later on. Might also help to poke him in the ribs to know that he's not indespensible.

Might be an off the wall line up, but for this game I'd be checking it out in training and if it showed promise I'd use it this weekend. Hoilett on the bench. Besides which I really don't think his head is all there at the moment. He clearly hasn't being doing defensive duties and I'm sure he's been told that he has to do this when called upon. Can't be easy having your dad dragging you one way and your club dragging you another.

Anyway that's my reasoning for not playing him, so my line up would be ...

_________Robinson____________

_Salgago__Samba__Dann__Givet_

___Nzonzi__Vukcevic__Grella__

_______Rochina__Olsson_______

____________Yakubu___________

Subs Bench

Bunn, Lowe, Formica, Dunn, Pedersen, Holliet, Roberts or Goodwillie

I hate Venky's and, in particular, 'Kean Rovers' and I just hope that we get hammered out of sight at QPR and home to Spurs.

I tend to agree with this, which is a strange position to be in, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.

Then again if we went down by 3 points or so at the end of the season that would be a disaster.

I tend to agree with this, which is a strange position to be in, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.

Then again if we went down by 3 points or so at the end of the season that would be a disaster.

Agree, however, a new manager might deliver 15 points from his first 10 games instead of possibly 6,7, or 8 that Kean would deliver.

Very, very difficult times, however, sometimes, one step back is needed to take two forward.

I had that with Harford and Hodgson where I hoped they lose so we could get ride.

Less so with Kidd I just desperately wanted to stay up it was so late.

Ince I trusted John William to get ride.

at the moment I'd rather win or if we lose we lose badly and he gets crazy pressure put on him.

After Man City got a 3rd I wanted a 4th, didn't work though.

If we can't WIN this then we are totally and utterly FUBAR and he HAS to go, if he scabs a draw and dodges the bullet, I will be gutted, you HAVE to win this Kean otherwise our team is doomed.

Dave - surely this must win the next match is a bit of a nonsense. Suppose we do win and then lose the next 4. What then, he must win match 5 to keep his job ? You just can't keep goping on like that.

He's simply the right or wrong man for the job ! I think we already know the answer to that.

I love how people are including Grella in their teams for this game.

More deluded than Kean himself! :lol:

Read somewhere that he's now injured with a hip problem.

As far Dunny, touch and go for QPR - he wont play IMV ! Looks like we might be lucky to get half a dozen games out of him. Hope we don't even consider a new contract for another Kean mouthpiece.

Goodwillie has food poisoning !

Nelsen still struggling. Folly of playing him at Villa when arguably he shouldn't have ? Hmmm. Perhaps we've seen the last of him in a competitive Rovers' shirt.

You couldn't make our calamities up !

Archived