BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somerset where in the upper tier are you sat as I would like to get involved with the banners give this campaign to get Baldy out more oomph. I think everyone is drinking pre-match in the Walkabout Inn the designated away pub. Somerset do you have a flag with Kean out would like to get involved the more coverage this campaign gets the better. Any info you can give will be gratefully appreciated.

In upper tier Y6 I believe. Got a couple of tasty banners made.

Myself and another mate will be in the walkabout pre match.

• Backroom

I don't think we'll win this one. QPR are no worse than us and have a proper manager in the dugout. They're as awful up front as we are, which may be our only saving grace. Based on that we may scrape a 0-0 like Newcastle did, but more likely we'll get beaten 2 or 3-0.

We'll win this. QPR are crap

Instantly Joey Barton stands out as a player who is better than our central midfielders, which then suggests that QPR are going to get at our defence more frequently.

What happens next who knows.

Dread to think what SWP will do with his pace against our full backs. Taarbat is also blossoming as a PL player, especially at home. Faurlin also looks a quality midfielder.

And when a striker is looking to break his duck, as is Boothroyd, who better to play than us.

Concede early and it's down like the Titanic.

Sad days when we fear the likes of QPR.

ok somerset will c u in the walkabout pre-match is that your picture on your avatar or what will you be wearing?. What time will you be in there from?. I am sat in Y2 if you have any spare banners that would be great anyway you will recognise me with the blue kean out t-shirt.

ok somerset will c u in the walkabout pre-match is that your picture on your avatar or what will you be wearing?. What time will you be in there from?. I am sat in Y2 if you have any spare banners that would be great anyway you will recognise me with the blue kean out t-shirt.

Yes that's him. Just ask people if they've seen Mr Durden. Don't be offended if they don't want to talk about it.

Will be doing down on saturday, don't really know what to expect. Haven't seen much of QPR this season so don't know where they stand. They've made some excellent additions which hardly cost them anything in transfer fees. People like Barton & Wright-Phillips are exactly the type of player we should have been looking at signing over the summer.

On the surface it looks like a recipe for another disastrous away day. Our players will be tired after spending the international break in India, combined with a general lack of fitness should see us (as usual) run out of steam around the 60 minute mark, like we did at Fulham. Then will come the bombardment as QPR will sense a great opportunity to put a massive 3 points on the board and widen the gap between us and them to 7 points even at this early stage in the season. We are incapable of putting together a sustained spell of pressure, in part due to the abysmal fitness level of the players and the lack of confidence when we go behind in a game. QPR themselves will be desperate for a win after being hammered by their local rivals 2 weeks ago. Warnock will have spent the time since going over their weaknesses and making sure players are ready for the challenge, rather than taking them to the other side of the world for a holiday in India.

On the other hand their confidence will be low, particularly in defence, and they are still yet to win at Loftus Road this season. If ever there was an away game to win this is it.

At best a 1-1 draw, but probably a 2-1 or 3-1 defeat. After taking an early lead we will be incapable of holding on to it, will concede an equaliser before half time and concede another couple in the second half. Kean will bemoan not having an assistant manager and he'll still be incharge for the Spurs game a week later.

To add to that, nine of our players have been on international duty elsewhere which I would assume has been more taxing than the visit to India.

Why would you assume that? European Championship qualifiers tend to take place a fair bit closer to the UK than India.

• Backroom

A lot of our lads played last night and olsson said he was going out celebrating afterwards. The India lads got back Monday and will get a full weeks training in.

If we lose and blame it on the trip it just further shows there is a real problem with fitness and what the manager is doing in training.

Either way QPR will have been able to prepare far better for the game; hardly any of their players are internationals and the ones that aren't weren't flown around the world for a friendly.

I don't rate our chances at all in this one. Barton and Faurlin will dominate the midfield and Wright-Phillips will terrorise our full backs. I think our best chance is if the majority of their chances fall to Bothroyd...mind you he'll probably end up scoring against us.

A lot of our lads played last night and olsson said he was going out celebrating afterwards. The India lads got back Monday and will get a full weeks training in.

If we lose and blame it on the trip it just further shows there is a real problem with fitness and what the manager is doing in training.

No one can really blame it on the trip considering we couldnt avoid defeat in a home game against Wolves with a full pre-season under our belt.

If we had been on a decent run and tailed off now the trip would be a decent excuse - we didn't need to go to India at this time of the season.

To add to that, nine of our players have been on international duty elsewhere which I would assume has been more taxing than the visit to India.

And more beneficial than massaging Barry whites inflated ego!

The lads who didn't go on international duty would of been better running the trough !

Heaven forbid the Pune trip gets blamed Tom .

• Backroom

I just think it would be lazy to blame the trip as T4E stated above.

We went to Dubai a couple of years back and then won the next game, burnley wasn't it?

I just think it would be lazy to blame the trip as T4E stated above.

We went to Dubai a couple of years back and then won the next game, burnley wasn't it?

That was halfway through a hectic season, no?

The team's not playing well, we're only 7 games in, we don't look an organised outfit and I'm not even sure the manager knows his best team.

It's a time for working hard on the training ground, not pissing off on a pointless jolly on the other side of the world.

But this is what happens when the club is treated as a marketing tool and not a sporting institution. It's not being treated with sufficient respect by the owners.

Archived