BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Curtis

A very underrated player, always did his job and held the fort on the right flank. A lot of modern full backs could learn a thing or two from him, at least concerning proper defending.

I find it interesting that Kean tried a more defensively balanced midfield trio this time, opting not to utilize a classic nr. 10 and by that turning the midfield triangle upside down and pulling it a step backwards, if you will. It's similar to what Dalglish is using at Liverpool and could be an interesting option in the future, but the fact that we are still experimenting with tactics and formations 8 games into the season says an awful lot. It's very reminiscent of Ince's reign at Ewood, with different players and formations tested and tossed aside as the desperation grew.

savage90, on 16 October 2011 - 18:23 PM, said:

I'd like to ask Steve Kean how he thinks we will get to 40 points and by when

I have to ask is this a flemish joke?. This quote has brought some light to the gloom that hangs over ewood park my friend even god himself who struggle to turn things round! and coco the clown himself will probably will come out with don't look at stats we have utilised the majority of our young players so irrespective of our results we are doing ok and you ask by when if the clown is given any more time the new man will have a nigh on impossible job to get to 40 points but if things carry on for much longer we will never reach 40 points or he might give an excuse of not needing to get 40 points as less is needed to survive.

40 points will never happen under this clown. Venkys will only look at the situation when kean has more negative results to his positive results!

We have lost jones, will lose hoillet and probably ollson too! I was really looking forward to building a team around them!

Even minus jones we have great youngsters but kean is clueless!

The Daily Mirror match report with Kean mentioning Junior Hoilett is ready to sign a new deal at Rovers and help to save them from the drop

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-1-1-Blackburn-match-report-Christopher-Samba-cancels-out-Heidar-Helguson-s-opener-but-Rovers-still-bottom-article813768.html#ixzz1az2FXSsX

• Backroom

The Daily Mirror match report with Kean mentioning Junior Hoilett is ready to sign a new deal at Rovers and help to save them from the drop

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-1-1-Blackburn-match-report-Christopher-Samba-cancels-out-Heidar-Helguson-s-opener-but-Rovers-still-bottom-article813768.html#ixzz1az2FXSsX

I'll believe it when Junior puts pen to paper. Kean's been spouting bull about Hoillet since the summer.

It makes no sense for Hoilett to sign a contract with us, and if for some reason he does it'll surely have a low release clause.

This Petrovic is absolutley awful, he wanders around like he is lost. Why Did Yak not get a look in. Where's Vucovic, I'd rather see Formica or Rochina on the pitch than the plank that is Petrovic. This plonker Kean just does not know who to put out there and how to play them.

Salgado was a poor signing in my opinion. Came too late from a team sitauation where he spent 80% of his time attacking. It took him more than half a season to get up to some sort of speed. Signing him was a poor decision, but extending his contract was crazy ( I said exactly this at the time and got rubbished for my troubles ). For the reputed £40k a week he's on we could have done much better. He spends too much of his time these days chasing the backs of disapearing opponents.

To get out of this mess we are in we have to stop giving soft goals away, the present line up will never do that. Salgado's not the only problem but he's one of them.

On the subject of bad full backs I think given our situation Patrick Valery was the worst. Even when when we were in Div 3 we had two better than him- Mick Heaton and Andy Burgin.

this is a team game. salgado's signing isnt just about his playing time on the pitch. its how he conducts himself off the pitch as a role model to the young players in the club. especially when things are going well, you need real men to stand upand be counted. salgado is one of those players that managers absolutely love to have in their squads.

this is a team game. salgado's signing isnt just about his playing time on the pitch. its how he conducts himself off the pitch as a role model to the young players in the club. especially when things are going well, you need real men to stand upand be counted. salgado is one of those players that managers absolutely love to have in their squads.

Spot on Andy :tu:

Also our full backs are being exposed because of the way Kean has us setup, they have no cover, and are often trying to cover 2 men themselves :wacko:

Salgado would be a far more greater asset to the club if he was to become player/manager now than have the directionless, clueless, lowest quality, SEM muppet that is Stephen Kean in charge.

yeah excellent match report PB very well summed up what I was thinking after the match. USABlue you have answered your own question in the right formation Petrovic is a good,tidy player. When the clown thought about replacing JJ he must have looked up in a football encyclopedia stumbled across Petrovic and thought yes we will go for him,because from the way Petrovic plays for Serbia he has always been a defensive midfielder. He has never been a box to box midfielder and never will be. I have to say he probably didn't scout the player properly.

The worst full back I've ever seen are Perez and Harkness.

Perez wasn't really played as a full back though and only had a handful of games.

Croft and Davidson are my picks for worst full backs. Although I remember Richard Brown used to run that slowly he went backwards.

Archived