BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

How many of the starting XI played for sam ?

considering they said he had a terrible transfer record, it seems surprising that most of the players today were big SAMs players, or players that he had given dubuts too

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of the starting XI played for sam ?

considering they said he had a terrible transfer record, it seems surprising that most of the players today were big SAMs players, or players that he had given dubuts too

He had five of his signed players on the bench, only one got a few minutes run out, luxury players are no good in a scrap and we have too many of them.

• Backroom

We're bottom of the league, and that's exactly where we deserve to be. As long as Kean is manager this will be our default position and we will slip further and further into oblivion. I'm not going to listen to the liar's post-match interview, I just want him gone.

sorry david, i mistook your post as a pro-kean post.

No worries - at the moment I am just happy for a point. As I said - the more points we gain until he is relieved of his duties the better in the long run.

P.S. I am not actually anti-Kean - but I do want a manager who can take the club forward - and I no longer think he is the person to do it.

Not sure if it's just me, but has anyone ever thought that olsson would be a good no. 10?

I would love to play him there behind yak, with Simon and hoilett on wings.

I can't see it, he has a very limited technical ability and I'm not sure about his ability to pick a pass. What he does have is speed, a great engine and a decent left foot, which in my book makes him a born wide player.

Just back too. So angry that Kean played for the draw. Very frustrating. Yak said he wasn't fit by the way, but who knows. Only two players worth a mention were Hoilett and Olsson. I love Olsson, he puts such a shift in

Kean didn't leave the ground with the players, I think he's doing all he can to avoid fan interaction!

All in all very dissapointing, Kean lining us up not to lose so he saves face.

True. SK clapped the travelling fans from the halfway touchline...the scurried for shelter.

Saw MOTD and was at match. Robinson does so much ball watching. Goal partly his fault. And he could have been at fault for another. His percentage of saved to shots on target worst in the league. I'm afraid he is one of our weak links.

Thank the lord I'm not the only one who thinks he should be dropped. I appreciate he may have had off field issues but he has been all over the place this season. It doesn't really inspire confidence in the backline.

I felt robbed and cheated today. I paid £30 to watch what was billed as a Premier League football match and what I saw was a poor Championship standard match. Both clubs should be charged under the trades description act.

Two clueless managers and two teams who couldn't string more than three passes together, error strewn and a lack of passion from the vast majority of players. If the imposter had been a bit bolder we could have won that match but his cautious approach as the game wore on told me that from an hour in he was happy with a point. Our set piece defending was shocking in the first half, what on earth do they do from Monday to Friday. I'm sure I heard the imposter say in a post match interview that we changed markers for their goal and Helgusson had a free header. WTF does that mean, we changed markers? Who changed them, the players, the manager, the kit man, Barry White?

I said after two games that I honestly felt that we are going down, yesterday reinforced that opnion.

Our starting eleven contained nine Highes, Ince or Allardyce signings (and if Dunn and possibly Nelsen were fit I'd wager it would have been eleven). Where is the brave new world we were promised?

Kean and Venkys hang your heads in shame.

Thought I'd watch the game again......

No it's just as bad the morning after, 2 poor team frightened to lose.

2 bad managers( sorry one bad manager, one who thinks he is a manager )

I do like the free kick in the second half, you take it, no you, no you cause I haven't a clue what to do. Four players sight on goal any other team in the prem away from home would have gone into set play mode and seized the chance.

Not us tho, not us......

sorry I missed you somerset rover in the walkabout.

After watching that he definitely played for a draw,for me Hoilett & Olsson were our better players the rest were average robbo was ok.

In all seriousness we should have won that game if we can't defend that first goal then we don't deserve to be in this league. How from a set piece we did not close down Helguson is totally criminal it just makes me wonder what the clown says to them in training?.

When defending a set piece and it comes back to the taker just stand off. That 1st goal could have easily been avoided & should have been,glad we got back on level terms very quickly.

One alarming thing after we conceded the 1st goal the lads heads went down for a while why was this?. After the equaliser they really went on the front foot. Then 2nd half QPR were there for the taking thought we would have come out & gone for the jugular,but no just replace players like for like and was hacked off after full time.

He went totally for the draw against a team there for the taking. While I felt QPR were never gonna score again. 2nd half they were terrible with a few more risks like throwing on the Yak for the last 20 mins even either Rochina/Cato would probably have won us that game.

Now we really need to start picking up 3 points at the likes of Swansea/ Norwich which again will be no easy feat!.

Thoroughly hacked off with today hope he has gone by the spurs game but won't hold my breath.

Thanks Kean/Venkys worst team in the league at the moment. :angry2:

There is no way Robinson is one of our weak links. NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!

Our weak links are Right Back, Left Back, Ball Winning Midfielder and Striker positions.

Petrovic was poor again. Can't believe Roberts started! Don't get how Yakubu or Vekcevic didn't start or even come on.

Still think Hoilett should play just off the main striker.

Thought Olsson, Nzonzi and Hoilett played well.

My Man of the Match was Jason Lowe. Thought he was excellent from start to finish!!!

Our weak links are Right Back, Left Back, Ball Winning Midfielder and Striker positions.

Petrovic was poor again. Can't believe Roberts started! Don't get how Yakubu or Vekcevic didn't start or even come on.

My Man of the Match was Jason Lowe. Thought he was excellent from start to finish!!!

When I saw Roberts got 2 goals in Pune and when I heard his comments about the India trip, I thought he's going to start on Saturday.

A drowning man will clutch anything.

At last the debate has gotten on to the team problems. Our full backs. Bring back Jim Brannigan. Selgado is the worst full back in the clubs history. A spanish football fan could not believe he is playing in the premier league commenting on how slow he was. Givet is equally poor at full back and average at CB.

Roberts is taking ilus down. Goodwille looked sharp and inventive when he can on albeit against a championship team.

Swansea, Rovers, Wigan, QPR. Any 3 from 4.

From yesterdays Guardian stats - "Paul Robinson has the worst save-to-shots ratio in the whole division, keeping out just 50% of accurate attempts on goal." Those are not the stats of a man in form. Forget last season, this season he's struggling again.

At last the debate has gotten on to the team problems. Our full backs. Bring back Jim Brannigan. Selgado is the worst full back in the clubs history. A spanish football fan could not believe he is playing in the premier league commenting on how slow he was. Givet is equally poor at full back and average at CB.

Roberts is taking ilus down. Goodwille looked sharp and inventive when he can on albeit against a championship team.

Swansea, Rovers, Wigan, QPR. Any 3 from 4.

Salgado was a poor signing in my opinion. Came too late from a team sitauation where he spent 80% of his time attacking. It took him more than half a season to get up to some sort of speed. Signing him was a poor decision, but extending his contract was crazy ( I said exactly this at the time and got rubbished for my troubles ). For the reputed £40k a week he's on we could have done much better. He spends too much of his time these days chasing the backs of disapearing opponents.

To get out of this mess we are in we have to stop giving soft goals away, the present line up will never do that. Salgado's not the only problem but he's one of them.

On the subject of bad full backs I think given our situation Patrick Valery was the worst. Even when when we were in Div 3 we had two better than him- Mick Heaton and Andy Burgin.

Archived