BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

Our centre midfield was terrible yesterday - not a tackle nor a pass between the three of them, their shape / positioning was poor, and they were bypassed far too easily.

In a game where the were SIX centre mids on a narrow pitch, all they really had to do was stand there and make it difficult. They couldn't even do that.

Why don't we play our goalscorers?

Why don't we ever play the same XI?

Why didn't we attack a QPR side that had just shipped 6?

Why didn't we make any subs to try and change the game?

Why didn't we try and win the game in the last 15 minutes?

Why do we have eighteen midfielders who can't tackle?

Kean has to go.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2nd half is worse than I remember !

Really? I mean we were boring, but as long as I have followed Rovers I have seen plenty of halves as poor or, in many cases, much worse. Newcastle this season would be a fine fine example! Kean has to go but I think we are kidding ourselves by saying that second half performance was any worse than many we have seen under Kean, Allardyce, Ince or even Hughes or Souness..

As others have saidJason Lowe looks like a really servicable Prem player. Already looks more promising than either Nzonzi or Petrovic. Big big player for this season it seems. Great to see he can take a set piece too.

Thank god for the academy - without Olsson, Hoilett and Jones we would already certainly be playing Doncaster away. Hopefully Lowe will prove to be another rabbit pulled out of the hat. It would be fantastic if Hanley cold step up and relieve Salgado. And if only they could turn up a decent striker down at Brockhall.....?

• Moderation Lead

Both teams were poor IMO, our finishing wasn't good for a change. Olsson was our best player I thought. Not sure what else I can add that no doubt has already been said, Kean got it wrong with just about everything selection-wise again. I do wonder what he does on the training pitch Monday-Friday, and how he still doesn't know his bext XI. He bought all these players, then doesn't pick them!!

For me their goal summed up why Kean has to go. After the inital block (by their player) 3 Rovers watched and waited for the other to move giving Helguson time to chip it. It showed a lack of confidence and uncertainity. You'd never see Man U players doing that, they'd be flying at the ball. The manager is responsible for this.

Overall the game was two bad teams playing not to lose. They scored a lucky goal, we were toothless up front. If this game was mid April it would have had 6 pointer written all over it. When do we play them again?

Another observation; for all the talk of Taarabt being their best player, PSG after him, and so on, I thought he was absolutely shocking. Did he used to play for Spurs? Did he once get subbed after being subbed on?

Err, we were on the subject of full backs. Unless you know something about Grabbi I don't.

Sorry, thought it was all players, just read all previous posts and you're right, my mistake. :(

Gresko was very good before his injury at Leeds when he was just on loan - never really recovered after that, after we signed him permanently.

Salgado was very good til he got old, perhaps this topic should have been headed,'worst full backs who played over 50 games in that position, over 3 seasons, who's middle name was Fred! he was good initially but my overall memory was he was poor and the crowd used to single him out and that led to him losing his confidence.

having watched the game online yesterday, this team looks so one dimensional its untrue, no other get-out ball apart from hoillet and ollson, they are the only two who look creative, midifield looks one paced, nzonzi can only play short passes which wont unlock any defence and petrovic runs around like a headless chicken, no striker with any sort of pace and a defence that looks all over the place.

having watched the game online yesterday, this team looks so one dimensional its untrue, no other get-out ball apart from hoillet and ollson, they are the only two who look creative, midifield looks one paced, nzonzi can only play short passes which wont unlock any defence and petrovic runs around like a headless chicken, no striker with any sort of pace and a defence that looks all over the place.

Just about sums up our predicament.

Gresko was very good before his injury at Leeds when he was just on loan - never really recovered after that, after we signed him permanently.

I always thought that Gresko was average at best and was made to look better than he really was by Duffer's willingness to track back a bit. Once Duff went to Chelski, he didn't have a player in front of him to help him.

Robinson's not as good on crosses. Nor a great shot stopper. Though he makes few saves, he rarely gets blamed 'cause his positioning is such that he often does not get close. From QPR match, you could see Nzonzi IS a force. No longer weedy. Just needs to up his work rate a bit. Lowe IS strong in the tackle, quick feet. Corners not bad. I like Goodwillie. He has looked sharp every time I've seen him. But the MB is right, right back and goal scoring striker are where we are weakest.

Archived