BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr v Rovers preview

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do the owners realise yet that we get relegated if we finish 20th?

this is sad, really sad. the long ball game was repulsive today.

petrovic looks awful and way too lightweight for the premier league, possibly serbias biggest flop import since savo milosevic.

lots of excitement in the attacking end again but we really need to get a big ugly ball winner in the middle of the park doing all the nasty jobs, the lads we have just have no bite. i'd take 'the axe' back at the moment its that bad!

It is simply appalling that we went to QPR with such a defensive line-up, and then not try to win the match in the last 20 minutes or so. The selection today suggests that Kean has completely lost it. Maybe his deal with the owners was that his job would be save if he did not lose one of the QPR and Spurs matches. I cannot see any other reason why he would not put on an extra attacking option like Formica, Rochina or Yakubu to at least have a go at winning the game!

To put out a central midfield trio without a shred of creativity against one of the worst sides (comparable to us, really) in the league tells me that Kean is so worried about his job that he did not even dare do the right thing. It is clear that this man will not walk until shoved. But with the owners describing him as a "brilliant" manager, I guess we will have to continue with this clown in charge. How we have fallen since the golden age under Hughes, when I went into every game optimistic and feeling that we had a chance. Even against the big four. Now, I go into every game pessimistic. I really wonder why I bother.

The scary thing is that relegation in 1998 did not kill my passion for Rovers. But now, with each passing week, I feel less and less enthusiastic. I wonder if I am alone in feeling this way, but my gut feel is I am not. Something needs to be done, but with the clowns that have infested our club, I cannot see light at the end of the tunnel. I fear it is looking more like an abyss of darkness.

What's Kean going to say? " We are now bottom of the league it's true. However we're delighted with the draw and we can take lots of positives out of today's performance..."

Im pretty sure he will ignore the fact that we are bottom of the table. That twisted little worm! :angry2:

If i hear the word "brilliant" from Steve Kean on the post match intervju Ill stabb myself in the eye with a fork.

Please don't. :P

We'll hear 'excellent' and 'positive' multiple times and, I'd bet (since Kean's an arrogant pr!@#) that he'll use the word 'brilliant' at least once.

Kean said yesterday that he had targeted wins against the likes of QPR. Well what I saw was a team set up not to lose. QPR were there for the taking, yet he takes off Roberts and brings on Goodwillie when you have the likes of Yakubu and Vukcevic on the bench. Totally baffled, Rovers didn't seem like a team going all out to win the game.

i agree kamy, rovers backed off more and more and used hoillet and olsson as outlet players, without their dynamism we would be far worse off than we are now, i know thats difficult considering we are bottom, this point is neither here nor there as it wont get kean the sack and it isnt a win.

Robbo 6 Solid did ok

Salgado 7 best game this season

Samba 8 solid again great goal

Dann 6 as normal done ok

Givet 6 did ok better then some other games

Nzonzi 7 Doesn't lose the ball and worked hard, not great going forward so needs support there

Petrovic 1 Shocking player sooooo slow, probably the worse player I have seen at Blackburn in a while

Lowe 5 didn't really notice him

Olsson 7 great running bit quiet at times

Hoilett 8 such a threat, maybe he could pass it more, I think we could have scored if he did

Roberts 5 his hold up play was very good first half but has he even had a shot on target in 4 games, that is shocking, thats his job to score goals

sub Goodwillie 7 impressive piece of skill

Special mention Rovers 12th man

Taarabt rating minus 10 worse perfornance I can ever remember seeing, thank you

A point is not the worse result but this was a very winnable game. We needed three to begin climbing the table but true success is beyond Kean.

Worse, Kean will spin it as a positive result and ignore that we are rock bottom and that one of the three, West Brom has a game in hand. Our owners will be pleased with a 'positive' result and continue to act surprised and dismayed that the supporters aren't getting behind their brilliant manager.

So true...so depressing.

We have to face cold,hard facts...we are an awful,unmotivated p1ss pot of a team being led by a Mr nobody trying to be a manager.

Wolves,Fulham,QPR...we're just not good enough to beat any of these mediocre sides.

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL. :(

Robbo 6 Solid did ok

Samba 8 solid again great goal

Dann 6 as normal done ok

Givet 6 did ok better then some other games

Nzonzi 7 Doesn't lose the ball and worked hard, not great going forward so needs support there

Petrovic 1 Shocking player sooooo slow, probably the worse player I have seen at Blackburn in a while

Lowe 5 didn't really notice him

Olsson 7 great running bit quiet at times

Hoilett 8 such a threat, maybe he could pass it more, I think we could have scored if he did

Roberts 5 his hold up play was very good first half but has he even had a shot on target in 4 games, that is shocking, thats his job to score goals

sub Goodwillie 7 impressive piece of skill

You know what's REALLY worrying: Look at who started on the bench and only get 23 mins (Goodwillie) and look at the other options we didn't use, especially when Petrovic was having a stinker, Formica (We KNOW he can create and score), Simon V (Good enough to rip England to shreds, but not QPR????), Yakubu (We know can score) and Rochina (Who can certainly create)??? WTF are you doing Kean???? You didn't use your Subs AGAIN, against a team for the taking, you muppet!!!

Oh and I see West Ham were as dull long ball no goals again today !!

Is this sarcasm or am I missing something? Sam's West Ham beat Blackpool 4-0, which (in my opinion) tells us the relative merits of Sam v. Halloway as managers.

What I fear most is that we'll tumble downward to the Championship as Sam brings West Ham back to the PL, and he'll give us a smug wave as we pass. Sam's a good manager (head and shoulders above Kean) but he is an absolute a@s.

We need a competent manager ASAP if we are going to avoid utter humiliation. Thanks (NOT!) Venkys.

Are you for real? Because what i saw was him make exactly the same STUPID challenge that he made against Jarvis in the Wolves game!

He also put the ball out of play more times than i can remember and when he was under no pressure at all, he hoofed a ball up in the air which it didn't even cross the half way line.

SALGADO IS FINISHED.

Archived