BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers set to lose major sponsor

Just a shame that the Fans Forum can't see fit to show some leadership of fans and resign. Can't believe they are still listening into their youhurt pots in vain hope of hearing old bilgeasses voice. Do something FF and at least make a statement - it might not work but at least we will know that you aren't in bilgeasses bag pocket.

Wasn't the FF supposed to produce an official public report of their India trip ?

You could argue the fire sale after we get relegated will cover a lot of debt. But then again after we lose Hoilett in January, who do we have apart from Samba that could be worth half decent money?

The club would be in a selling position and other teams would know that. Players go cheap.

Doesn't look good, which is why it is imperative we stay up.

Eh, look at all the players Pompey & Leeds sold, for pretty figures too, and it never touched their debts.

Also, I'm sure a certain agent will be taking his pound of flesh from any sales.

What a shame, known about this for a bit and WEC have given them every opportunity to meet and discuss this but have been ignored. Even offering more support. Then been ignored again. Disgusting behavior for a sponsor that's been pumping money into the club for eight years and who are big Rovers fans.

That People article makes out that it's because of the protests and suchlike. In reality this is the ultimate protest by a major supporter and sponsor, I can assure you.

By the way I can back all of this up.

No it doesn't. It clearly says that it is because the Venkys are standing behind Kean.

No it doesn't. It clearly says that it is because the Venkys are standing behind Kean.

Erm...

The WEC management have been Rovers fans for years, and claim some of their clients have been put off by recent results and the ‘bad’ atmosphere at the ground.

That's only part of what was the problem. The head guy there even offered to provide further support.

The main problem is that the correspondence was ignored.

Erm...

That's only part of what was the problem. The head guy there even offered to provide further support.

They are hardly likely to shut the door on future sponsorship. (in the case of things coming good again) and say that they want out because the venkys are a bunch of dicks that are being sucked dry by mr Anderson.

They are hardly likely to shut the door on future sponsorship. (in the case of things coming good again) and say that they want out because the venkys are a bunch of dicks that are being sucked dry by mr Anderson.

They've actually stated that they will support the club should things change.

But obviously if the owners can't be bothered to even reply then I can fully understand why they've decided to pull out.

I would like to clear this article up a little,

Firstly WEC have not pulled their sponsorship at Rovers. As someone who speaks with their MD a lot, their gripe is a ship with no captain, a club with no communication and the negative effect Venkys ownership is having on their business brand.

The MD has been asking for a meeting with the owners and this meeting was supposedly going to be arranged by today (Time and Date) Not spoke with him today so unsure if this has been arranged.

Their MD is a massive supporter and shares many of our concerns and did attend the open supporters meeting, I have seen the letter he sent to the owners which was from a business and supporters point of view. He is hopeful that he can bring some sort of closure for all supporters by getting a communication channel open, and has gone out on a limb to offer his services to improve relations.

Until I speak with him I dont know if anything has come from the promises he was given last week, but this artilce the people has printed is pure propaganda, and i'm sure the MD at WEC will be very angry is has seen it.

Its very difficult to second guess what WEC will do, and the conversations I have had with them have been open, and they wish to have their issues addressed if they don't then perhaps a parting of ways may occur. However to date this has not been issued to the club

You could argue the fire sale after we get relegated will cover a lot of debt. But then again after we lose Hoilett in January, who do we have apart from Samba that could be worth half decent money?

The club would be in a selling position and other teams would know that. Players go cheap.

Doesn't look good, which is why it is imperative we stay up.

sadly while kean is our manager staying up is impossible and we al know that even the supid idiot himself and his employers

Firstly WEC have not pulled their sponsorship at Rovers. As someone who speaks with their MD a lot, their gripe is a ship with no captain, a club with no communication and the negative effect Venkys ownership is having on their business brand.

The MD has been asking for a meeting with the owners and this meeting was supposedly going to be arranged by today (Time and Date) Not spoke with him today so unsure if this has been arranged.

Their MD is a massive supporter and shares many of our concerns and did attend the open supporters meeting, I have seen the letter he sent to the owners which was from a business and supporters point of view. He is hopeful that he can bring some sort of closure for all supporters by getting a communication channel open, and has gone out on a limb to offer his services to improve relations.

Until I speak with him I dont know if anything has come from the promises he was given last week, but this artilce the people has printed is pure propaganda, and i'm sure the MD at WEC will be very angry is has seen it.

Its very difficult to second guess what WEC will do, and the conversations I have had with them have been open, and they wish to have their issues addressed if they don't then perhaps a parting of ways may occur. However to date this has not been issued to the club

Whoops. How the hell did this get out then? Something about this stinks.

Erm...

Read the whole article. You are doing the old hack's trick of quoting bits of an article out of context. It is clear that the main gripe is the backing of Kean.

When was the request(s) for the meetings risen Glen - do you know?

If its been a continuous for a couple of weeks and as you say then I think the major undertone to this is the way it appears that WEC are not being taken seriously and just adds another big blot to the V's and fuel to fire for any anti argument and hit home for those still opposed to those actually showing some fight.

When was the request(s) for the meetings risen Glen - do you know?

If its been a continuous for a couple of weeks and as you say then I think the major undertone to this is the way it appears that WEC are not being taken seriously and just adds another big blot to the V's and fuel to fire for any anti argument and hit home for those still opposed to those actually showing some fight.

This request was made some weeks ago, and WEC's MD and I have become good friends over the last couple of months and we speak quite often, I have seen what he sent to Madam, and it highlights 90% of people's concerns which have become evident over the last 12 months.

His own personal opinion is SK is only a symptom of the problem and Venkys and the board are the bigger issue, Communication and lack of leadership is his main gripe, whilst the embarrassment the Venkys brand is bringing to their companies Brand. I have been asked to hold off publishing the letter as he tries one last time to get the answers he seeks. Its very much in Venkys hands to have this meeting with him. If they do not then he will go public. But as I have already said talk of WEC pulling out is premature at present until Venkys show their hand to him

Archived