BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Someone likes us

Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers, 3pm Saturday 19 November

Blackburn's global dream overwhelmed by fight in local pecking order

A year ago the new owners Venky's promised the earth, but Rovers face a bottom-of-the-table derby at Wigan on Saturday

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/nov/17/blackburn-global-ambition-pecking-order

A year ago the new owners Venky's promised the earth, but Rovers face a bottom-of-the-table derby at Wigan on Saturday

reddit this

Comments (21)

David Conn

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 17 November 2011 19.00 GMT

Article history

Sorry if this is already somewhere else.

Good article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/nov/17/blackburn-global-ambition-pecking-order

This post has been edited by Glenn (not Glen): 2 minutes ago

Reason for edit: Body of text removed and replaced a a link to article. Don't cut and paste other site's content please guys.

Sorry Glen, lesson learnt :blush:

• Backroom

A good article, but why this is the exception rather than the norm I have no idea. Surely journalists must be able to see the obvious facts in front of them? As nice as it is to read Conn's article, it's not like he's done any deep research - it reads like a summary of the gripes most of us on here speak about on a daily basis.

As I said, nice to see an article like this out there, but it baffles me why there aren't more out there questioning Venky's. I have my suspicions though.

This post has been edited by Glenn (not Glen): 2 minutes ago

Reason for edit: Body of text removed and replaced a a link to article. Don't cut and paste other site's content please guys.

Sorry Glen, lesson learnt :blush:

No worries, it's not the worst thing in the world, it's just in this ever more litigious world, we can't be too careful.

As I said, nice to see an article like this out there, but it baffles me why there aren't more out there questioning Venky's. I have my suspicions though.

So do I.

The clown has an appalling record, he has never achieved anything in his managerial career, must surely be on course to have the worst record in an 11 month period in the history of football, spouts positives, doesn't see low flying aircraft carrying his name, talks of "deserving" more points, claims to know nothing of his assistant's departure but showed his replacement around the club a week earlier, brought his Agents' son to the club who isn't good enough for Leyton Orient, allowed Emerton and Andrews to leave to be replaced by inexperienced unknowns, wastes money on Agents fees and taxis, still lives in Surrey, lies, claims fans spiked his drink, still claims it's a minority who want him out, name drops whenever possible and fawns over the inept owners of the club at every given opportunity.

So why is it that only Conn and Winter have picked up on and reported on this farce? Lack of interest? Nothing to see here? He also fell out with a member of the press on a scouting mission watching Man City in Europe, but no, it takes a lot for the UK press to look into Kean and Venkys ownership in any depth. Clearly.

Meanwhile most of us will carry out fussing about nothing. Anyone for another mortgage?

There was another long thread similar to this one so I thought, maybe this article as well had been posted but it is from FourFourTwo towards the end of October. http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/fourfourtwoview/archive/2011/10/26/rovers-fans-right-to-want-rid-of-kean-the-david-brent-of-the-premier-league.aspx Probably not as good as at least the Guardian article.

Archived