• Junior Hoilett
    • David Dunn
    • Yakubu
    • Ruben Rochina
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen
    • Adam Henley
    • Didn't see it but would like to see results anyway

Guest Wen Y Hu

After going ahead on 66 seconds, Rovers reach half-time 2-1 down. Dunny gets a second yellow early in the second half and despite having only 10 men on the pitch for most of the second half, Rovers still manage to equalise. Then, after looking like we could come away with a point, we let Wigan in again in the 88th minute. 3-2 down and nearly ten minutes later, Robbo is fouled in the opposition area and Yakubu steps up to hit his second of the game and rescue a point in the 99th minute.

So, who shall it be?

BRFCS Notice

The poll will close at lunchtime on Wednesday after which the Man of the Match will be announced on the front page. Please note that due to forum software restrictions, the thread has to be closed in order for the poll to be closed.

I've gone with Yakubu, as to score two goals in such a vital game is a decent achievement.

I thought Nzonzi did ok, as did MGP - but I don't feel that we can get the best out of MGP when he's playing so deeply.

I was critical of playing Hanley, but in fairness he didn't do much wrong today.

Robbo had a mixed game - should have done better for all 3 Wigan goals, but then made some amazing saves and obviously gets the assist for the late, late, late equaliser.

Henley looked ok when on, always good to see another youngster playing.

On the flipside, Dunn was horrendous and isn't fit to play Premiership football any longer, Hoilett looked uninterested for most of the match and Salgado seemed to be carrying on from where he left off, pre-injury.

It's a funny old game. How could anyone who went not vote for Robbo? :D

The first goal we conceded and maybe the second he could have done better with. I voted for Adam Henley because he did a miles better job of marking Moses quiet than Salgado did.

The first goal we conceded and maybe the second he could have done better with. I voted for Adam Henley because he did a miles better job of marking Moses quiet than Salgado did.

.....and the third as it happens, I'll have to change my vote :rolleyes:

Even though robbo did a great job sacrificing everything and gaining us a penalty he didn't play as great as he usually does. Yakubu was involved inn all three goals, and he has almost already paid off what we gave for him. I would never have thought yakubu would become one of steve keans best signings.

• Backroom

Robinson- he actually cared.

True but was at fault for 2 goals although made up for it.

MGP for me, played really well in the last few games.

Best of a bad bunch though

Voted Henley, as he was pretty much the only one not doing something stupid.

Robbo cared and sacrificed some blood, but could have done better on the goals. Salgado was awful. Dann messed up bigtime on the corner. Hanley makes some stupid fouls, and is struggling in positioning as well, surprisingly decent pace on one occasion though. Givet wasn't too bad actually, think he played in pain after the ankle thing, but that might just make him better...

N'Zonzi not backtracking at all at times, he's a defensive midfielder, he's supposed to get behind the ball when we lose it. Pedersen not too bad, but has these risky hiptackles (against Moses in first 5 mins). Cheeky corner though, I thought it was legit till the replay, maybe he did too until he spoke to the Yak afterwards :D. Rochina was invisible. Hoilett not present at all, despite the goal. Dunn should never have been on the pitch today in the first place, didn't do anything right.

The Yak, scored two goals. That's pretty much it.

Pretty awful first half and Dunn dropped the team into even more trouble but I felt MGP just edged it for me if only for the fact that he and N'Zonzi had to run their socks off in an overall poor perfromance.

I am beginning to worry about our lack of width and the fact that in Hoillet and Rochina we have a brace of players who seem not to be aware of their defensive duties which makes our fullbacks look worse than they are. Lucky concussion that took Salgado off but it didn't seem to affect him adversely, he got skinned just as much before as after the knock.

Robbo showed commitment and made a couple of great saves but he underperformed on a couple of Wigan goals.

A painful day and lucky to get a point. Still, at least they kept going.

Same here. Truly appalled at players walking straight down tunnel at the final whistle(bar Robbo) even after Kean had gestured to them to come over to us.

Now you've confused me Tony.

Some have said he ushered them down the tunnel at the final whistle, I didn't see myself, shamefully I left after Wigans third :blush:

Whilst Robbo got us the late penalty, he almost cost us the game with the 1st and 3rd goals being very soft!

He could have saved the second as well, it was a slow header and within diving reach.

I'm a big fan of Robbo's and save from Rodallega and bravery for the penalty were excellent, but overall it was a poor goalkeeping display and I bet he's not happy with himself either.

Yakubu was MOM for me. An excellent finish for the first, he won the corner for the second and was the calmest man in the DW to score the penalty. He looks like he's getting fitter too, despite his appearance he's still got the pace to get away from defenders. It's a shame he didn't convert the best chance he had though.

Now you've confused me Tony.

Some have said he ushered them down the tunnel at the final whistle, I didn't see myself, shamefully I left after Wigans third :blush:

I have to disagree with others, I thought he was gesturing for players to come over to us. I was thinking the players had a real strop on with fans for turning on Kean.

No one deserves it, so I voted to see the results.

Me too - I was there, but not one of them deserved it. Robinson was at fault for the 3rd (he'd be as close to anyone getting it), and Yakubu was so lazy in the 2nd half. Also should have scored when 1-on-1 at 2-2. It was like playing with 9 men to be fair.

Archived