BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agents' Fees

Mercer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agent fee's are paid on purchases, loans, sales and contract re-negotiations. Basically, if it moves in a football club, they will have their grubby mits all over it.

The figure quoted on the Official site and in the LET is greater at £4,679,349.

Also, it may not include all payments made to SEM/Kentaro, for instance, in consultancy fees or as advisors or for acting in the finding of a buyer for the club or in advising Venky's in the purchase of the club. Just how much have BRFC been billed for their 'help' in total. Philipl, could you please shed some light on this. Would the figure include all of these ?

How can an agent take fees for signing the new Brazilian Denis Irwin, still to play a game, or the new Chris Smalling, Myles bloody Anderson,m they should be paid if the players are successful, if they are not, the agent pays you for employing the buggers and Andersons given us some real crap players!1

Also, it may not include all payments made to SEM/Kentaro, for instance, in consultancy fees or as advisors or for acting in the finding of a buyer for the club or in advising Venky's in the purchase of the club. Just how much have BRFC been billed for their 'help' in total. Philipl, could you please shed some light on this. Would the figure include all of these ?

It's purely based on transfers as far as I know.

4.7M is a lot of money, trouble with anderssons role is what it actually is? Chairman, consultant, advisor, who knows, and until we do, who knows how he gets paid?

One thing I would like to know is is there a breakdown, not necessarily who cost what but even figures would be good as I'd like to know if there is one for 1.6M for Rochina.

you can moan all you want I hate Kean but we got a player in Rochina that will be worth a lot of money

if we get relgated yes we might lose out, but we did n't plan it that way, he going to be a talent, so we paid the price.

He is a talent but the ways things are going I wouldn't be sure that we will get the return - there is a decent chance clauses are in there which will deny us much of the profits on a transfer.

What happened to £10m for Formica when agent fees where taken into account that were mentioned on here?? And masses of cash for Rochina? :rolleyes:

You have to remember we have signed ALOT more players than what we normally do - Goodwillie, Yakubu, Slew, Petrovic, Ribiero, Anderson, Formica, Rochina, J Jones, Santa Cruz, Dann.....thats 11 without thinking too hard, less than £400k per transfer isnt massive @ prem level regardless of whether or not you believe in the quality of the players signed.

The agent fee for Rochina was a biggie though Hughesy. I thought it had been confirmed that his club only got £450k and the other £2.5m went to an agent.

It's hard to put a positive spin on that.

So we saying that over half of the total fees went to an agent on 1 deal? So therefore just £2m on 10 other deals?! You have to look at the fees, in comparison to number of signings. Normally we sign 1 freebie or something so comparing to previous years is pointless

What happened to £10m for Formica when agent fees where taken into account that were mentioned on here?? And masses of cash for Rochina? :rolleyes:

You have to remember we have signed ALOT more players than what we normally do - Goodwillie, Yakubu, Slew, Petrovic, Ribiero, Anderson, Formica, Rochina, J Jones, Santa Cruz, Dann.....thats 11 without thinking too hard, less than £400k per transfer isnt massive @ prem level regardless of whether or not you believe in the quality of the players signed.

What percentage of our transfer spend is it? And how does that contrast with others? That would also generate a going rate as a percentage which would be interesting to see.

Until the complete accounts are published and dissected Rovers financial predicament will remain a mystery as at the end of the day they will have an absolute figure.

So we saying that over half of the total fees went to an agent on 1 deal? So therefore just £2m on 10 other deals?! You have to look at the fees, in comparison to number of signings. Normally we sign 1 freebie or something so comparing to previous years is pointless

But look at the quality of the players we've signed Hughesy. £7.5 million for a run of the mill centre-half who Cardiff ran rings around. Vukcevic can't get a game, Petrovic shouldn't get a game and Formica still struggles to make an impact and both he and David Goodwillie were completely outshone by Kenny Miller. The jury is still out on Rochina, yes he's had some decent games but he's also had some poor ones.

Fees for agents are part of the modern game and I wouldn't mind so much if we were signing quality but at the moment we aren't. Like everything about the Rovers at the moment our signings since Venky's/Kean took over have been distinctly second rate. I won't even mention the likes of Bruno, Myles or Jordan Slew. Apart from Yakubu and possibly Rochina the rest of the newcomers have failed to make much of an impression thus far.

He is a talent but the ways things are going I wouldn't be sure that we will get the return - there is a decent chance clauses are in there which will deny us much of the profits on a transfer.

tht kid can smash a goal in from anywhere, if sam had signed him we would be raving, sure he will take a few years I think to be worth more then we paid, but its a good investment.

Many big clubs sign top young talent for big fee's.

I think the agent did good by us here.

We are all looking for every point to criticise I'll let the one off.

A very good and intriguing point / question !

I am not sure that we will ever get to the bottom of it.

Whoops, I had posted this on the wrong thread...

Guardian

"Club-by-club spending (1 Oct 2010-30 Sept 2011): Man City £9.7m; Tottenham £7.6m; Liverpool £7m; Chelsea £6.5m; Newcastle £6.3m; Arsenal £4.6m; Man United £4.5m; Blackburn £4.2m; Sunderland £3.7m; Aston Villa £3.2m; Everton £2.9m; QPR £2.5m; Stoke City £2.2m; Bolton £1.9m; West Bromwich Albion £1.3m; Wolves £1.1m; Fulham £0.9m; Norwich £0.7m; Wigan £0.66m; Swansea £0.24m."

So, in other words, we spent 300,000 less on agent fees than Manchester United and half a million more than Sunderland.

This is the same Manchester United that spent, what, 50million or something ridiculous in the summer on the likes of Phil Jones, Ashley Young and David de Gea.

We only spent a few hundred grand less than one of the biggest spenders in the world last summer?

The Sunderland that brought in about 10 players in summer including 18million on Conner Wickham and Craig Gardner? In january, there was Stephane Sessegnon for 6million, Sulley Muntari on loan from the then European Champions, Internazionale. Plus a load more wanting big money such as Wes Brown and John O'Shea.

We spent MORE than a team shelling out on all that lot?!?

Does anyone think this really adds up?

Perhaps only the people who thought paying 1.6million in agent fees on a 400,000 transfer was nothing to be worried about...

Do these fees include contract extensions, agents son contracts and contracts for managers/assistant manager?

As far as I am aware this does and we did sign a number of our 'top' players to longer deals in January.

You know when hughesy says there is no problem, that something is definitely going on!

there's a big difference between whats been reported and how much will have found its way into certain agents grubby little mitts

I'm sure there will be ways of putting 'Business advisory fees' through without them hitting the reported Agents' Fees.

With it coming out lower than expected, this is more worrying.

Just gobsmacked that the number is so low.

Agree - hence my positioning as 'reported' - would love to see a set of Management Accounts.

The 'good' accountants tend to be creative creatures and there can be many 'grey areas' !

Archived