BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Straw held secret crisis talks with Blackburn officials

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke we have become. Wish I was in a position to make some sort of statment. Fans Forum could do that that but they are just selfish pussicats.

That's completely unfair.

Do I wish the FF were taking a harder line? Yes. Do I think they have cause and could get some press? Yes. Would I do it in their shoes? Yes.

But it is unfair to label them 'selfish pussicats' merely because they elect to observe some self-imposed boundaries on their activities. Prudent, cautious or some similar phrase would be equally appropriate, in my opinion.

What a joke we have become. Wish I was in a position to make some sort of statment. Fans Forum could do that that but they are just selfish pussicats.

Certainly not selfish, there are some decent folk involved. More like "toothless" and "unrepresentative" rather than "selfish".

Why don't you join the fans forum?

What for? Its a pointless charade at the moment. Its only power is a use-once opportunity to resign and issue a press-statement. I don't see why they wouldn't use that to put some more pressure onto venkeans. Would also be a good opportunity to put forward another viewpoint to the press - we aren't all raging nazi zombies, many of us are actually thoughful sensitive beings. That sort of thing.

What for? Its a pointless charade at the moment. Its only power is a use-once opportunity to resign and issue a press-statement. I don't see why they wouldn't use that to put some more pressure onto venkeans. Would also be a good opportunity to put forward another viewpoint to the press - we aren't all raging nazi zombies, many of us are actually thoughful sensitive beings. That sort of thing.

You really are rather boring. We all know what you think.

Quote from the article

Director Vineeth Rao, their 'man on the ground,' is also out of the country for the next few weeks while the small and toothless staff try to sort out signings and sales

Just about sums things up.

There I have inserted what the reporter should have said.

There was no senior member of the Rao family present at a lengthy board meeting in Blackburn last week.

Director Vineeth Rao, their ‘man on the ground,’ is also out of the country for the next few weeks while the small staff try to sort out signings and sales.

They really dont give a flying one do they? come on,lets be brutally honest....

That's not very nice Paul. And somewhat presumptious as well.

Tell you what, if you know what I think why don't you explain why you think I'm wrong?

We all know you think the FF should or should have resigned en block and is toothless. You post this in a variety of words / ways at every opportunity. As I said it has become boring, quite tedious.

I don't need to put up an argument to understand an opinion you have expressed on many, many occasions. However if you need one it is this; the FF is a group that meets with the club to discuss issues, both large and small, which impact on the support. I know from having attended meetings this ranges from the quality of tea served and why all the way through to ST prices. It is not, and never has been, the campaigning body you suggest it should become.

For this reason a mass resignation of the FF is irrelevant to the situation. The Pune trip was instigated by the Raos and the club suggested the FF go as the only existing representative body. The FF, who I originally believed should not have gone, took an opportunity to raise issues outside its normal remit when it arose. Not a resignation matter in my view.

You've got form for being less that objective sentient, lets not forget that, but this continued attack of the fans forum is getting boring, mainly because you're not willing to do the job yourself.

If you stepped up to the mark you'd be taken seriously, but until then you're coming across as a bit of a crank.

We all know you think the FF should or should have resigned en block and is toothless. You post this in a variety of words / ways at every opportunity. As I said it has become boring, quite tedious.

Apart from this weekend, I have hardly posted in the last fortnight. Hardly "every opportunity". You might think it boring and tedious and you might also think that you speak for everyone else. But that doesn't mean everyone else has the same opinion as you.

• Moderation Lead

Apart from this weekend, I have hardly posted in the last fortnight. Hardly "every opportunity". You might think it boring and tedious and you might also think that you speak for everyone else. But that doesn't mean everyone else has the same opinion as you.

You're angry at something, but I don't think even you know what it is.

You've got form for being less that objective sentient, lets not forget that, but this continued attack of the fans forum is getting boring, mainly because you're not willing to do the job yourself.

If you stepped up to the mark you'd be taken seriously, but until then you're coming across as a bit of a crank.

I've been totally consistent and objective on this matter Gav. And you know perfectly well that people cannot just "step-up to the mark" and join the FF. It's a closed-shop without elections or any democratic features. Its a bit like having to wait for the passing of one of the old politburo cronies.

You're angry at something, but I don't think even you know what it is.

mmm might be venkeans destroying the football club that has been a major part of my whole life. That sort of thing tends to make people angry. Aren't you angry K-Hod?

At which point did I express the view I speak for everyone else or that everyone agrees with me? As far as I can see the only person to agree us GAV.

I post my opinion in the same way as everyone else. My opinion is your constant sniping at the FF tedious, especially so when you appear unwilling to take up the challenge of taking part and looking to change what you see as ineffective.

Doers take action

• Moderation Lead

I've been totally consistent and objective on this matter Gav. And you know perfectly well that people cannot just "step-up to the mark" and join the FF. It's a closed-shop without elections or any democratic features. Its a bit like having to wait for the passing of one of the old politburo cronies.

mmm might be venkeans destroying the football club that has been a major part of my whole life. That sort of thing tends to make people angry. Aren't you angry K-Hod?

I'm more furious than I've ever been, though I don't think that trolling after the fans forum calling for them to stand down, whilst not contributing yourself is the way to go.

Guest Rovers4Good

Straw is only thinking of the town itself and not too much about the football but if this man was worried how bad our town looks from the outside then he should have turned it into an ethnic paradise which as helped it demise (by no means a racist comment just fact).

I walked around the town centre last weekend for the first time this year and the only person who spoke English to me was the man at the top of the escalators trying to sell me breakdown cover for my car. :)

Straw is only thinking of the town itself and not too much about the football but if this man was worried how bad our town looks from the outside then he should have turned it into an ethnic paradise which as helped it demise (by no means a racist comment just fact).

I walked around the town centre last weekend for the first time this year and the only person who spoke English to me was the man at the top of the escalators trying to sell me breakdown cover for my car. :)

That's a ridiculous thing to say. I teach in Blackburn and all of our children(80% of our pupils are of Asian heritage)speak English as do the majority of their parents. Many of our children now have English as their first language, quite different from when I first started working there. I spend a large part of my time fighting prejudice from both white and Asian pupils and trying to show that different is not inferior or wrong. It's a slow process but the ethos of our school is quite rightly praised by all who come in through our doors. we are learning tolerance - perhaps it's time some others did.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. I teach in Blackburn and all of our children(80% of our pupils are of Asian heritage)speak English as do the majority of their parents. Many of our children now have English as their first language, quite different from when I first started working there. I spend a large part of my time fighting prejudice from both white and Asian pupils and trying to show that different is not inferior or wrong. It's a slow process but the ethos of our school is quite rightly praised by all who come in through our doors. we are learning tolerance - perhaps it's time some others did.

Ms Gumboots, one of the most sensible posts on here for a long time. Keep up the good work.

And yes 10/10 Miss!

Archived