BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Positive aspects of relegation (?)

It's December 21st and we're already five points from safety (after our "streak of winnable matches", no less).

Steve "Despicable Human Being"* Kean is set to stay on as manager even after the humiliating Bolton defeat, thanks to the clueless, mad despot** that is Anur-something Desai.

Even though we've theoretically still got a chance to stay up, we all (most of us, at least) know that's never going to happen. Kean and Venky's have relegated us, the proud town club that just a year ago was a midtable/top half Premier League outfit. Great work, you utter effin' arse*****!

Based on the assumption that we do not get liquidated or get a hefty points deduction next season, are there any positive aspects of relegation?

Scraping the barrel here, but a few (possibly) positive aspects are:

- No humiliating defeats against Man Utd and the likes

- We'll be out of the idiot media's spotlight, and don't have to suffer listening to clowns like Lawro saying how we should give Kean more time and how we're a disgrace

- More playing time for talented youngsters like Henley (although exciting prospects like Rochina, Olsson, Lowe etc will be sold)

- Two matches v Burnley

- We'll be one of the bigger teams in the division (at least for a short while)

- The playing field is slightly more even - no Man Citys or Chelseas in the Championship

- New grounds to visit

Any more?

Also, feel free to use this thread as a place to share how YOU learned to accept relegation.

*, ** = In my opinion of course heheheheehhe :wacko:

I'd rather get relegated if it guaranteed Kean was sacked, I hate the guy more then I love Blackburn he has become much bigger thne the club, he is the club.

I have a feeling he will take us down and still be manager, he is a sick machine and can lie to himself, which is a rare deluded skill and very sad for all of us because no matter how bad it gets he will always be deluded and probably convince Venkys he is the right man, they are that stupid.

I'd rather get relegated if it guaranteed Kean was sacked, I hate the guy more then I love Blackburn he has become much bigger thne the club, he is the club.

I have a feeling he will take us down and still be manager, he is a sick machine and can lie to himself, which is a rare deluded skill and very sad for all of us because no matter how bad it gets he will always be deluded and probably convince Venkys he is the right man, they are that stupid.

Try using the kean thread!

• Backroom

I would probably not mind it too much if we would go down and be competitive but we all know that wont happen.

We will sink and sink till we settle at a level way below this.

I honestly would rather we play in the Championship. Get rid of the some of the Johnny Foreigners and focus on the Academy again. No more City or Chelsea where a player on their bench costs as much as our entire squad. That's ridiculous and stupid in the first place. And when we lose a star player, at least he won't be back next week to score against us. I couldn't give a toss about not playing in the "best league in the world." Try most unfair league in the world.

Best of all, fresh start without the turd and the cyst. (Venkys and Kean)

I'd rather rovers were forever in the championship than in the prem with these muppets in charge. at the moment this just isn't my team anymore. Next season the number of st holders renewing will be frightening even if we stay up. Venkys out! Kean out!

For a club like us there is NOTHING positive about relegation, we are not big enough to keep hold of our players and we are not a Blackpool that went down with a manageable wage bill.

We will NEVER come back- we will be a Coventry, a Charlton, a Bradford. 20 odd quid to watch journeymen (who still earn fortunes) clog about.

We will see Ewood deserted, the Academy cut back- if not closed al together, members of

staff lose their jobs.

All this was avoidable, yet it is now our future- there are no positives.

And I presume a lot of local folk will lose their jobs at the club.

I was thinking exactly this.

Last time we were relegated, we had an owner who cared about the club and set about giving us the optimal chance to get back.

I've said it before it is a darn sight easier (and cheaper!) to stay in the PL than to get promoted into it.

Like Matty I think we will lose every one of our decent (ha) players and, like Tom, think we'll sink like a stone to League One.

Worst thing is there's NOTHING any of us can do about it. It's all down to ignorant, naive and stubborn, and possibly worse, owners.

I'd welcome an FA investigation into what's happening in the hope of taking the illegitimates with us.

For a club like us there is NOTHING positive about relegation, we are not big enough to keep hold of our players and we are not a Blackpool that went down with a manageable wage bill.

We will NEVER come back- we will be a Coventry, a Charlton, a Bradford. 20 odd quid to watch journeymen (who still earn fortunes) clog about.

We will see Ewood deserted, the Academy cut back- if not closed al together, members of

staff lose their jobs.

All this was avoidable, yet it is now our future- there are no positives.

Couldn't agree more Mattyblue. There is NO positive to relegation. It's not like 1998-99 when Jack was still putting money into the club and when the Trust gave Souness the funds for the promotion season. This will be more like the aftermath of 1965-66, which some of us, sadly, are old enough to remember. The better players left and poorer players were brought in until we finally slipped into the Third Division with barely a whimper playing front of ever decreasing crowds - and in those days a bumper crowd was 10,000.

However, the main difference between then and now is the infra structure which we have to support. The redeveloped Ewood Park, the Senior Training Ground, the Academy, all to be supported on smaller and smaller revenue streams.

Nor will the Academy offer us a way out. The Football League clubs are up in arms about the restructuring that is coming in as it clearly favours Premier League clubs. As we will not have the funds to redevelop the Academy to get into the elite group we will end up fighting for the scraps the top clubs don't want.

As you say Mattyblue, many employed at the club will find their jobs under threat but, sadly, not the people who got us in this mess. Kean will walk away with a large sum of cash, the players will find new clubs and the owners will take whatever they can back to India.

You only have to look at the clubs who are, or have been in League One, in recent seasons to see the fate that awaits us. In 1965-66 we dropped out of top flight football for a quarter of a century and tragically that appears likely to be repeated thanks to the stupidity of one woman and her two brothers.

Venkys will surely leave when we get relegated. The only way the club can move forward is by getting owners in that are willing to invest in the club. If that doesn't happen, then it could well be a bleak future.

Mrs D clearly wants to sell the club and is making it difficult so that her brothers agree to sell.

No doubt those wishing to relive their macho bonding of the 70s will be satisfied.

Agree with Matty and Parson. Something poetic I suppose, one man raised us up; one family will lay us low.

edit

What everbody needs is a benign and wise benefactor. What might be even better is to remove the arbitary nature of that paradigm and place the whole thing in the hands of fans. But that brings its own problems. Hey ho.

when we went down in 1999, by 2000 we had a really good foundation, it was quite exciting seeing Duff, Flitcroft, Dunn Gilespie in midifield with Jansen upfront.

Souness did a great job, I enjoy the football that season, adding Friedel, Berg, Bent and a few others.

Just worried Kean is unsackable and will stay even if we go down, the hatred means nothing, he doesn't care.

More games and the majority at 3pm, if we're looking for positives.

You're joking! They must play nearly half the games on a Tuesday night! Plus, as a newly relegated team, we'll have our fair share of live matches- morbid fascination from the broadcastrs.

It's December 21st and we're already five points from safety (after our "streak of winnable matches", no less).

Steve "Despicable Human Being"* Kean is set to stay on as manager even after the humiliating Bolton defeat, thanks to the clueless, mad despot** that is Anur-something Desai.

Even though we've theoretically still got a chance to stay up, we all (most of us, at least) know that's never going to happen. Kean and Venky's have relegated us, the proud town club that just a year ago was a midtable/top half Premier League outfit. Great work, you utter effin' arse*****!

Based on the assumption that we do not get liquidated or get a hefty points deduction next season, are there any positive aspects of relegation?

Scraping the barrel here, but a few (possibly) positive aspects are:

- No humiliating defeats against Man Utd and the likes

- We'll be out of the idiot media's spotlight, and don't have to suffer listening to clowns like Lawro saying how we should give Kean more time and how we're a disgrace

- More playing time for talented youngsters like Henley (although exciting prospects like Rochina, Olsson, Lowe etc will be sold)

- Two matches v Burnley

- We'll be one of the bigger teams in the division (at least for a short while)

- The playing field is slightly more even - no Man Citys or Chelseas in the Championship

- New grounds to visit

Any more?

Also, feel free to use this thread as a place to share how YOU learned to accept relegation.

*, ** = In my opinion of course heheheheehhe :wacko:

Yep, just humiliating defeats against Barnsley, Doncaster and the likes

Archived