BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

who do we sacrifice?

AJW

as the totally unexpected news that in fact we are skint and we have to sell before we buy is reported the question is who to sacrifice

samba ? hoillet ? n'zonzi ?

Samba would probably represent the biggest value in terms of fee £10m upwards , and he has made no secret of his wish to leave , however you wouldn't have thought that by his performances but for me he's the one that simply HAS to stay

Hoillet is a goal threat no doubt , and if we are going to survive we need goals , we also need to not concede them , he hasn't/won't sign a new contract and his value devalues day by day the papers say his value is £8m but Pl clubs are smart come January 30th he'll be worth about half that , but he can go for free oversea's or a tribunal sets the fee if he moves to another English club in June

N'Zonzi is a player i like . i think he's suffering from playing in a midfield that is poor , Petrovic is no replacement , Dunn has no legs , Pedersen Vuckevic Formica are all pretty tappy easy on the eye players but in a relegation battle?? Grella ..... well need i say more ... i've heard / read rumours of Arsenal and Spartak Moscow and £8m and most would bite their hands off

the likes of Andrews Roberts Grella Salgado , we NEED off the books but won't bring in enough funds to give us a chance of staying up

As we are as good as down already, sell the lot, grab the cash and the save the wages. We are going to need every penny next season.

Unless you are talking about actual human sacrifices then the choice comes down to Kean or any of the Venkys.

Exactly, also I think you should erase dingles within your username and Change it to rovers

Sacrifice Junior...he barely looks like he can be ar$ed in half the games I've seen recently. He's not going to sign a new contract so aim to get £6-8m for him and re-invest in some players with a bit of backbone.

Also dump Andrews, Salgado, Grella, Formica (I quite like him but wants to go home and may bring a bit of cash in),Roberts and perhaps Dunn.

Keep Nzonzi( not 'cos he's that good,rather the best of a bad bunch in midfield), and definitely keep Samba,promise him he can leave in the summer if needs be as without him our last chance of avoiding the drop goes.

I'd even consider selling Robinson too to be honest and start to bed in Bunn for next season-the lad doesn't look half bad.

We have a smaller enough squad as it is. Letting fringe players go has cost us already this season. All the players mentioned could be add value during the remainder of the season. I cannot see who kean will get in who can save us from relegation

I would sell Hoilett for sure. try to get at least 8 million pounds.

then get rid of players like Roberts, Salgado, Grella, Riberio. Getting rid of them would probably save about 120k a week of the wage bill.

If Formica wants to go for family reasons then sell him for the same price as we bought him for.

If we get sign A.Johnson, Gunter and couple of loans then we have a chance to stay up!!!

I wouldn't sell Samba, Nzonzi, Robinson for sure!!! All key players IMO!!!

Strong argument to sell Hoilett as, like people have said, he doesn't seem to be bothered. Has done very little since Norwich. Unfortunately the flip side of that is Redknapp etc might be less keen to buy, so we might not be able to get a decent fee.

Apart from that I'm not too sure there is anyone who has strong offers apart from Samba - and we absolutely have to keep him if we want to stay up. Especially with the injuries that abound.

Looking at the squad any of Andrews, Grella, Linganzi, Goodwillie, Anderson, RIberio, Roberts and Salgado can go without the overall quality of who is available being impacted. But equally who is going to buy these players?

If we need to generate a decent chunk of income revenue to stave off Barclays and help strengthen 3 or 4 areas then I would sell Hoilett for anything over £7m. Exciting and very talented player but he doesn't appear committed to getting Rovers out of their current situation and, for me, he doesn't work hard enough.

In my opinion selling Samba would be a significant step towards relegating the club.

I think the bigger benefit financially would come from trying (if at all possible) to get high-earning players who are past their best off the payroll. Obviously interest in these players will be harder to attract than in the players at or approaching their peak. But it feels as though the key thing at present is reducing the salary costs and I think recent performances of the younger lads have suggested this can be done without impacting too greatly on our chances of survival.

If the reports are true about our dire financial situation with the bank and no transfer funds to counter the 'Kean' effect then we might see a few players leaving in Jan.

Hoilett I suspect will be off as Venky's will want to cash in now instead of seeing him leave for less in the summer. There is the factor of compensation if he does go in the summer but we don't know how much we would get from that.

If we go off recent history then Samba will soon start talking about wanting to move, something he has done during the past few transfer windows. We have managed to keep him at the club but he must be getting fed up of staying here. It wouldn't surprise me if he forces a move this time with a transfer request (that's if his agents make it known to him that there is solid interest from another club).

I would imagine a few clubs might be interested in Salgado on a short-term deal. Andrews will probably get his move as well.

The likes of Roberts and Pedersen will be going nowhere as no other club will offer the wages they are currently getting. I'm expecting Dunny to sign a new deal as him and Kean are close.

Robinson could be the surprise transfer move this season, Bunn has played pretty decent in the last two games but still haven't seen enough to say that he is better than Robbo.

Hoilett

Roberts

Dunn

Salgado

Andrews

Anderson

Ribiero

Grella

Should be 150,000/week or more (7.8 million plus/annual) with just those players. Get them off the wage bill. Bring in a right back, left back and a defensive midfielder.

Hoilett

Robinson

Roberts

Dunn

Salgado

Anderson

Ribiero

Grella

That would be ideal. We need Samba hes worth our entire back 4. Out of the players rumoured i'd like us to get Gunter, Sordell, Onuoha. But we really need 2 defenders, Defensive Mid-fielder before we go for a striker because we are already scoring goals we just need clean sheets.

Only Hoilett. Him not signing a new contract forces our hands too and makes it an easier decision.

Robinson MUST BE KEPT. Stupid to right off our first choice keeper and easily 2nd best English keeper (although it doesnt say much) just cause Bunn had promising signs during these 2 games. I feel more comfortable with Bunn personally cause he dominates his 6-yard box better but Robbo must not be sold. Good to have competition. I truly hope he's injured and not some contractual thing.

Agree with the majority if we must lose somebody the case for keeping Junior is probably the weakest. The fact he can leave for free/small tribunal fee in the summer tied in with the fact he doesn't appear to be overly arsed at helping with the fight. We can kiss the premiership goodbye for sure if Samba goes

Junior should go, he's piling on weight and looking less and less bothered every day. We've shown we can play just as well (although still pretty poorly) without him, if Rochina gets his act together I personally think he'll be a better player. Cash in while we can.

Apart from him the usual suspects have all been mentioned. If we can get a team looking like this:

Robbo/Bunn

Onuoha, Samba, Givet, Olsson/Henley

Rochina, N'Zonzi, *insert JJ style midfielder here*, *insert decent LM here*

Johnson, Yakubu

...I think we'd have a chance. Onuoha's wages are expected to be sky high though so we can probably rule him out. Olsson would be good as an out and out LM but then that leaves the problem of LB, Henley's grown up fast but he still lacks experience. No idea who we'd go for in the CM role, Frimpong would have been a solid addition.

Johnson could do a job playing just off Yakubu if he stays fit.

• Moderation Lead

At the start of the season letting Hoilett go would have been unthinkable for me, but now, he doesn't look like he can be assed!

Looks like we're sacrificing Salgado and Roberts, are they due to be offered a new deal if they play another game or something? Remember Roberts saying something on 606 about it...

Sacrifice Junior...he barely looks like he can be ar$ed in half the games I've seen recently. He's not going to sign a new contract so aim to get £6-8m for him and re-invest in some players with a bit of backbone.

Also dump Andrews, Salgado, Grella, Formica (I quite like him but wants to go home and may bring a bit of cash in),Roberts and perhaps Dunn.

Keep Nzonzi( not 'cos he's that good,rather the best of a bad bunch in midfield), and definitely keep Samba,promise him he can leave in the summer if needs be as without him our last chance of avoiding the drop goes.

I'd even consider selling Robinson too to be honest and start to bed in Bunn for next season-the lad doesn't look half bad.

I agree with this whole heartedly.

Robbo could bring in some much needed cash and Mark Bunn could step in. He's been looking lively and energetic and has shown a lot of promise in the last few games.

However..unlike Bunn being able to step in for Robbo..Who can step in for Samba ? No-one ! We MUST hang on to him, otherwise we lose all authority across the back. Sell Junior now. He is doing us, and himself no favours as his value continues to drop from his obviously weak and disinterested performances. And try and offload Goodwillie and Petrovic now... before their value drops to zero and everyone else sees that they are actually wage sucking plodders. Get a decent enforcer in midfield to play alongside N'Zonzi, and use Rochina up front to support Yak. You can't play Rochina in the middle. He's all flash and balls but no clout. Goodwillie is too slow to act as a foil for Yak.

Archived