BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Sadly the bottom dropped out of their world when they found out about relegation and what it costs to avoid it.

Ok. Serious question. Does anybody know where/when/who the 'they didn't know relegation was possible' rumour started?

People keep saying it like it's fact, but can anybody give me any proof (not hearsay) that it's true?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Serious question. Does anybody know where/when/who the 'they didn't know relegation was possible' rumour started?

People keep saying it like it's fact, but can anybody give me any proof (not hearsay) that it's true?

Not sure how it started, but it's the only thing that makes any sense.

How else do you explain the clear change in approach from "we are going to spend whatever it takes to make our baby successful" to "there is no money for transfers unless we sell all of the players that can command a transfer fee - even even get rid of many that don't just to reduce the wage bill"?

I'm all ears, MG. No, seriously. I really want you to explain that to me. As someone "on the inside".

C'mon you arrogant ####.

No one cares anymore MG. Just tell them to sell the club and feck off.

More to the point MG do you, or anyone for that matter, have any proof that they have even the remotest idea of what they are doing? Because, well you know, actions speak louder than words and to date those have been the actions of complete and utter idiots who have zero regard for Blackburn Rovers Football Club and its supporters.

Not sure how it started, but it's the only thing that makes any sense.

How else do you explain the clear change in approach from "we are going to spend whatever it takes to make our baby successful" to "there is no money for transfers unless we sell all of the players that can command a transfer fee - even even get rid of many that don't just to reduce the wage bill"?

I'm all ears, MG. No, seriously. I really want you to explain that to me. As someone "on the inside".

C'mon you arrogant ####.

It was just a simple question. There's no need for name calling. My apologies if highlighting your particular post embarrassed you.

It was just a simple question. There's no need for name calling. My apologies if highlighting your particular post embarrassed you.

Don't apologise. Answer the questions people ask.

How do you explain Venkys position change with regard to the club. You suggest that they are committed to the club but like always it's just words.

We get out views about Venkys from their action (and inaction) not words. The time for words is over - people are sick of being patronised..

Enough's enough. If they really care about the club they need to show it!

How do you explain Venkys position change with regard to the club. You suggest that they are committed to the club but like always it's just words.

We get out views about Venkys from their action (and inaction) not words. The time for words is over - people are sick of being patronised..

Define "care about the club". I think they care insofar as it's a part of the Venky's corporate empire that needs to be made profitable or stop losing money. I don't know that necessarily translates into the way that you or I care about the club.

I think if Rovers were a Championship club that stopped losing money, Venky's would be quite happy, regardless of what we, as fans, think of it.

No one cares about the club. And by the club I mean us fans. The ones who pay our money to go and watch a bunch of millionaires supposedly give their all for the famous blue and white shirt. We are the ones that put so much in to it. All our passion and heart gets poured into our town, our club every week. What else have we got in Blackburn? I don't know about anyone else but all I ask for is honesty. From the top to the bottom. I couldn't give a toss what division we were in as long as it was pure and honest. These pillocks are far from any of that. They have ruined everything that was built up by Jack Walker, to the point when we don't even trust news that a player is injured. I'm worn out by all the rumours, protests, in the know nonsense, Qatari bids, Jerome the see u next tuesay Anderson and especially Steve "dignity personified" Kean. I just want to support my club, like I have done for 25 years. Meanwhile the rich get richer..... Us supporters? Well, we are left frustrated, gutted, hurt, angry and still none the wiser as to what in the blue hell Venky's want from Blackburn Rovers. Just sell up and get the hell away from our club.

Define "care about the club". I think they care insofar as it's a part of the Venky's corporate empire that needs to be made profitable or stop losing money. I don't know that necessarily translates into the way that you or I care about the club.

Football clubs aren't an investment. Unless you're an asset stripper, in which case, that's hardly 'caring' for the club.

Agreed.

MG Rover could potentially be a valuable addition to this site and people seem to have been at great pains to vouch for his validity. But I've found his contributions to be empty, accusatory, and to generally miss the point of/ignore all questions asked of him regarding his employers. I find his posts a complete waste of time to read.

He is another aspect of Venkys that I have come to seriously dislike.

Come back Nicko, all is forgiven. Your Kentaro/Scottish manager compatriot love-in is far more welcome in my eyes than a Venkys apologist who provides little of any interest.

I think if Rovers were a Championship club that stopped losing money, Venky's would be quite happy, regardless of what we, as fans, think of it.

Exactly. To them Rovers is not a football club, its an outpost of their business empire. One they are entitled to neglect in their mind because its theirs.

Supporters are mere stooges. Thousands have woken up, thousands more have not.

Why do people constantly fail to understand that the parachute payments are not given out in a lump sum, but broken up over a couple of years. By the time the full sum is received, the club will have recorded huge losses and amassed debt. To date, Venky's have used any money they have made on transfers to re-invest in the squad or pay back bank loans and cover the club's losses either through the bank forcing them to do so or their own choice. What makes people think that they will just take the parachute payments and leave the club with a massive debt now? All that will happen if we get relegated is the owners will be forced to either cover losses with their own money or sell on to someone else to satisfy the bank, and if they choose to do neither then there will be consequences for them that will damage their reputation beyond repair.

If they wanted to cut their losses or get their money back and were no longer interested in financially supporting the club then they would have sold the club when any interest was shown.

The situation hasn't changed.They were sold a false proposition by previous owners who wanted rid and an agent brokering the deal who wanted to make some cash. After setting said agent loose at the club, they ended up accruing a large debt and getting themselves into a financially unsafe position, especially with the bank now cracking down on debt. The owners have had to spend this season getting it all sorted. With the uncertainty of relegation looming they are obviously going to cut costs and prepare for the worst. After being misled so badly, they're going to continue to sit on their money until our future is clear and then they will be able to reassess where to go from there.

What will be key for me is whether or not the owners choose to invest into giving our youth academy Category 1 status or not. Their decision on that will be very telling.

Disagree with the highlighted. venkys are allegedly shrewd business people. Doesn't matter if they were sold a dream, it was incumbent on them to do their homework. They did their due diligence; they saw the books and the finances. If they have gone into this venture not knowing the core financial commitments, they are as stupid as we suspect they are. Their chicken business must run itself, because you couldn't imagine them making shrewd business decisions and guiding it to success.

Agree with the last part of your post

Why would Venky's want to hold onto us? They can't be getting much fun out of it, battling relegation and being too scared to even come to watch a game.

Though it isn't what you would call good publicity - most football fans now know the name Venky - you probably could have counted on one hand the number prior to them taking over Rovers. Provding we are still in the Premiership it would make sense - I think they are in for a surprise if we get relegated, as we all know the exposure in the Championship is only a fraction of the Premiership and virtually non-existant outside England.

What will be key for me is whether or not the owners choose to invest into giving our youth academy Category 1 status or not. Their decision on that will be very telling.

Theer is no way they will invest money in Category 1 status. Venkys are all about doing things on the cheap and cutting costs.

Theer is no way they will invest money in Category 1 status. Venkys are all about doing things on the cheap and cutting costs.

Investing in the academy instead of buying players IS doing things of the cheap.

The only thing below that is... doing nothing.

Investing in the academy instead of buying players IS doing things of the cheap.

The only thing below that is... doing nothing.

The only problem with the academy is that it is a high risk business with no guarantee that you will have any success. Hence I do not think Venkys will invest.

We are pretty close to doing nothing

Pretty mindnumbing to see what great store they put behind their Poona acadmey if they then go and bin the one at Brockhall that saved their asses by producing Phil Jones and has a number of academy lads in the 1st team now.Not only that the Youth team reach a national final.

If they dont support the academy on that basis then they really are here to grind us all into oblivion.

Though it isn't what you would call good publicity - most football fans now know the name Venky - you probably could have counted on one hand the number prior to them taking over Rovers. Provding we are still in the Premiership it would make sense - I think they are in for a surprise if we get relegated, as we all know the exposure in the Championship is only a fraction of the Premiership and virtually non-existant outside England.

So, if "they are in for a surprise if we get relegated" they must be pretty dumb business people---yes?

Do we have any fans in india? I swear I will help pay for travel for any BRFC fan out there to go to Pune and kick down Venky's door.

20+ years of solid foundation and competitiveness in the best in league in the world. Venkys took 1 year to destroy everything. Congratu-f'ing-lations you indian illegitimates. I'm indian and Im ashamed to be of the same race as these devils.

Archived