BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh I hope you are right Kelbo; because if who you think it is is the same as I think it is......then all I can say is WHOOPIDOO!!!!

I presume you are talking about one of the previous board members such as John William? I know there has been various rumours that John Williams was trying to put a consortium together.

I don't know who is involved in this second bid but would be intrigued to know. I would suggest the fact that they are only interested in buying the club if we remain as a Prem club suggests they are not rovers fans - that gives me reservations about this group.

I presume you are talking about one of the previous board members such as John William? I know there has been various rumours that John Williams was trying to put a consortium together.

I don't know who is involved in this second bid but would be intrigued to know. I would suggest the fact that they are only interested in buying the club if we remain as a Prem club suggests they are not rovers fans - that gives me reservations about this group.

Not necessarily,it may just be that their business plan does not work for the investors if the premiership money is reduced to parachute payments next season. Much in the same way that the BRSIT model relies on relegation for it to have a chance of working.

Not necessarily,it may just be that their business plan does not work for the investors if the premiership money is reduced to parachute payments next season. Much in the same way that the BRSIT model relies on relegation for it to have a chance of working.

Yeah, true. I will have reservations about this group until I found out who they are. However, if they are local then at least they have a coonection to the area and will have a vested interest in seeing it succeed even if they aren't rovers fans.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Let's not forgot that John Williams spent best part of a decade trying to find a buyer for our club. I can't see how his connections will have changed in order for him to set up what is rumoured.

...... and the main point which everybody seems to forget;

The current owners have to be willing to sell the club.

Ooh I hope you are right Kelbo; because if who you think it is is the same as I think it is......then all I can say is WHOOPIDOO!!!!

If you two are on about the same person me and Kelbo have spoken about then the rumours being doing the rounds for a while now IE about a year. Hopefully this is a new one as he'd be most welcome.

All interesting.

First thing to understand is the definition of 'local'.

If defined as 'East Lancs' then I know of only one business man who could resource - step forward Fred Walker !

The two Ians, IMO, would need investors to substantially back them and I think this is what Wild refers to.

IMV, the Wild led proposal is a safety net only and could only realistically fund a bid if club was in Administration and, if that was the case, rest assured there would be other, perhaps better financially resourced, bidders.

Very interesting M Man!! Ian B sits next to Charles Walker at Home games and shares a table with him in Prem Suite.He is son of Fred Walker right??

Please god don't let me wake up.

2. David Gill provides an interesting footnote. Manchester United CEO Gill was one of the participants in the "Business of Sports: Winning Off the Field" panel. One thing he mentioned which caught the attention of those in attendance was that there were new owners of a PL team who didn't know about relegation. "Not sure what the due diligence was there," stated Gill of said owners. I later spoke to Gill directly to clarify erroneous rumors spreading on Twitter that Gill was in fact alluding to Fenway Sports Group's purchase of Liverpool. Gill categorically denied that he had been referencing or inferring that it was FSG in any form and said that he held Liverpool's owners in the highest regard. "I would never say anything negative about John W Henry, ever." However, when I put it to Gill that the party he was in fact referring to was Venky's (it's long been believed in some quarters of the industry that the mechanics of relegation was just one among various things Venky's were unaware of when acquiring Blackburn), Gill said nothing but gave a broad smile

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120305/monday-musings/

Learning about the potential for, and very real threat of, relegation removes the luxury of being able to take time to build.

It would explain the change in approach from promises and big talk to scrambling around trying to save money.

Oh ,how I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Mrs D was told the news.

Any other club and it would be hilarious!

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

Venkys will recieve a fair offer for Rovers before the end of this season. And not from BRIST #watchthisspace

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@RVM_2000 @JohnKinghorn81 its not them I know about. They may be involved but it's fronted by two local business men.

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@roversmadfan1 @mrwawild definately serious. Cash is available, only as a PL club

Thank you.

I guess! that certain members of Jacks family feel very aggrieved at the way the Rao's have acted during their time as owners, dishonouring pledges, an utter disregard for Jacks legacy and what can only be called lies since they set foot in the doors at Ewood.

Surprised, no I would not be if members of the family had some interest in securing the clubs salvation, I'd also add JW into the equation.

There was a rumour flying around that Howard was not a happy bunny, as early as last year.

If only!

They could not wait to get shot of us, and wasn't there a rumour that the Trust and Venky's never actually met?

We were the hated ginger step-child of the Walker group of companies.

I hope they do feel some remorse at what has happened to us since. Being a cynical person, I doubt they've given us a backward glance. I'm still very bitter and twisted about the whole thing. I can't imagine that they'd care enough to buy us back, because they didn't seem to be taking much care in ensuring we'd be passed on to safe hands.

As I say, I'm very bitter about the last 18 months. Resentful, hurt, angry, let down, puzzled, sad, ... etc etc.

I guess! that certain members of Jacks family feel very aggrieved at the way the Rao's have acted during their time as owners, dishonouring pledges, an utter disregard for Jacks legacy and what can only be called lies since they set foot in the doors at Ewood.

Surprised, no I would not be if members of the family had some interest in securing the clubs salvation, I'd also add JW into the equation.

There was a rumour flying around that Howard was not a happy bunny, as early as last year.

If only!

A key part of all this will be if Venky's have broken the 'Terms Of Sale' agreement and how minded the Walker clan are to pursue. It could, give them huge leverage.

Perhaps there may be interesting days ahead!

A key part of all this will be if Venky's have broken the 'Terms Of Sale' agreement and how minded the Walker clan are to pursue. It could, give them huge leverage.

Perhaps there may be interesting days ahead!

That is a very key point. Venky's have without doubt broken the terms of the sale. Previously, they have had no interest in acting upon this. However, if they have a change of heart then things could get interesting.

The Walkers? Really?

They may feel ever so slightly embarassed to see Jack's pride and joy decimated like this, but to try and re-takeover a business they were absolutely desperate to flog???

They wouldn't necessarily have to run it though. There are interested parties who want to buy the club but Venky's are saying 'no' at the moment. It is quite conceivable that one of the wannabe buyers is playing underhand and trying to convince the trust to take back the club in order to sell it to them.

If only!

Howard? has he learnt to tie his own shoe laces yet?

That sounds incredibly far-fetched.

Why would the trust even contemplate that idea? What happens if the 'second sale' falls through and they end up lumbered with a company that after years of trying, they've only recently managed to get rid of?

I agree it is unlikely to happen. But the salient point is that the Walkers could wrestle the club back from Venky's if they wanted to.

Pretty obvious imo. Any current bid price will be substantially reduced should we be relegated and also getting back is no certainty with big money behind us. With limited money it's odds against. If this lot want a Prem club it'd be wise to wait until the seasons over and cast the net out then.

Archived