BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bid will be tabled from another source in the next few weeks, that's for sure.

....and this one won't be a self serving pipe dream.

The timing is awful, who would bid now? Unless Venkys were cutting their losses?

The timing is awful, who would bid now? Unless Venkys were cutting their losses?

Nothing would surprise me, but I agree the timing is lousy.

Maybe they feel that enough of the debt has been paid down to make the club saleable at the right price. Cut their losses? Hope so.

There is no logic to Venky's. Still think Venky's will want you to keep some connection to rovers if and when they sell. Whether that be in the form of sponsorship, keeping a small stake in the club, and/or rovers to promote football in India via a rovers league I'm not sure at this stage. Don't think they'll cut their ties completely as that would admit failure which is not something company's like to do.

Btw, I think some very prominent boards members on here know quite a bit about this new bid.

You sound pretty certain?

There was always going to be a serious bid made for the club, and I have been told that this has now ready to be presented to the owners.

Fingers crossed that Venkys are in a listening mood.

Come on guys, don't be teasers, rumours are for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have enough ITK's massaging their own egoes.

I don't know the full details at this stage otherwise I would tell. I hear there are two local groups interested though - the two Ians are one but not sure who the other is but do have money. I'm sure when Kamy et al come online they will be able to give a full picture.

Im taking this as a rumour at the moment.

But wouldnt the massive outgoings and very cheap incomings be a sign of cutting their losses?

A case of take the samba money etc and run?

We would all love for Venkys & co to leave after the way they have conducted the club and them selves over the year they have been here but we will have to wait and see.

I think its a case of the rumour of people willing to put a serious takeover attempt in being 100% and Venkys willing to sell and willing to listen.

I hate this building up of hope! I refuse to pay any attention to this for now (although will be desperately hoping a serious bid is coming and will be entertained by Venkys). But for now, after 63 pages, I am working on the basis that the answer to the Thread title is still 'no'. Please Venkys, do something right for once and sell up.

There is another local group putting a bid together BUT they are going to be disappointed as Venky's will not sell the club at the moment, they may review the situation during the summer but at the moment they won't even entertain anyone wanting to buy the club, especially if they are local group.

There is another local group putting a bid together BUT they are going to be disappointed as Venky's will not sell the club at the moment, they may review the situation during the summer but at the moment they won't even entertain anyone wanting to buy the club, especially if they are local group.

If it's local, it must be the Ians then.

A momentary flutter of hopes raised only to be quickly dashed again.

If its who I think it is, Venkys or the Raos may have no option, they know too much about them!!

If its who I think it is, Venkys or the Raos may have no option, they know too much about them!!

Just when you thought normality and common sense was creeping back into the MB - then the old Sunday night "Kean sacked in the morning" or "Takeover bid just on the horizon but I can't say who it is because it's a load of concocted bullsheet" syndrome is back with a vengeance :rolleyes:

Yeah, damn those pesky local groups :rolleyes:

Are you sure there isn't someone not local as well planning to bid for the club? A couple of other posters implied that the new bidders aren't local.

Venky's the hell out!

Kamy, you say "especially not if they are a local group". If you have heard something like this then have you heard a reason for this stance?

• Backroom

Kamy, you say "especially not if they are a local group". If you have heard something like this then have you heard a reason for this stance?

Just what I was going to ask :tu:

Can you enlighten us Kamy?

Archived