BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

So does this mean they are not going to sell if we go down then?

or was my point in reply to Pafell correct?

You said the bid was low level and I know it wasn't. It was a bid that offered Venky's a profit but not a big one, it was take it or leave it as Venky's are not renowned for being the best of people in that part of the world.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said the bid was low level and I know it wasn't. It was a bid that offered Venky's a profit but not a big one, it was take it or leave it as Venky's are not renowned for being the best of people in that part of the world.

Well on that we will have to agree to differ because it was low level hence why nobody will ever find a quote saying there was a bid, that hasn't come from Kamy or Phillip.

I can imagine the owners demanding an extra £250,000 if and when they decide to sell, to offset the direct costs incurred by the club to cover the cost of extra security and policing for the protests.

Jesus wept! No more protests to keep the costs down?

Unbelievable.

Maybe one person has been fed wrong information? You don't know so to say someone is lying is a pretty strong accusation IMO.

I did not call him a liar. I asked. 'Are YOU saying kamy was lying. Which I do not believe he was.

Well on that we will have to agree to differ because it was low level hence why nobody will ever find a quote saying there was a bid, that hasn't come from Kamy or Phillip.

You are VERY wrong about it being made at "low level people", when the time is right the Qatari's will talk on the record.

He likes to accuse people of things, he does it often - water off a ducks back

They put the ball in the Qatari court, the Qatari's fell silent

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2517009,00.html

If the Qatari's came out and told what Pafell assures us is the truth, the club would look very silly, alas someone must question why they never.

Go back to the original post. I asked you 'are you saying kamy is lying'. That is a question, not an accusation.

You are VERY wrong about it being made at "low level people", when the time is right the Qatari's will talk on the record.

If they genuinely wanted the club, the time was probably right around November. If, (not when) they finally wake up and talk about it, i'll hold my hand up and apologize but i doubt it.

Go back to the original post. I asked you 're you saying kamy is lying'. That is a question, not an accusation.

Ok lets forget what i heard and what you heard, lets go off the facts which are out in the public domain, and those facts suggest Kamy is wrong (nobody ever said lying, you did).

People can be wrong without lying, however the word 'lying' causes controversy and that's right up your street

If they genuinely wanted the club, the time was probably right around November. If, (not when) they finally wake up and talk about it, i'll hold my hand up and apologize but i doubt it.

They wanted to buy the club, Venky's said No and they moved on, they did not want to go down the route of forcing a sale as they had a viable alternative.

That situation has not changed, locally based groups have based have approached them and they have been totally ignored. The simple fact is that at the moment they are not willing to sell and certainly in no mood to give the club away. The only way I can see this changing is Rovers getting relegated, that may prompt them to have a rethink.

They wanted to buy the club, Venky's said No and they moved on, they did not want to go down the route of forcing a sale as they had a viable alternative.

That situation has not changed, locally based groups have based have approached them and they have been totally ignored. The simple fact is that at the moment they are not willing to sell and certainly in no mood to give the club away. The only way I can see this changing is Rovers getting relegated, that may prompt them to have a rethink.

I think you are right Kamy, I also believe they dont really know what to do, sad but true and in doing so have in many ways, made supporters think the Indians are pretty gullable!!

I have complete faith in what you are saying Kamy.

However, a truly determined buyer would have made an offer that could not be refused. I am sure that any offer (formal or informal) made to Venkys would have been fair and substantial HOWEVER it was not enough to prove the consistent point that everything is for sale at the right price. Therefore they did not try hard enough in my opinion.

If and when Qatar purchase Aston Villa or anyone else I suspect it will be at a much higher price than their alleged offer for Rovers, which begs the question why did they not 'up the ante'? The answer for me would be that they did not want it enough so moved on to another target that they were prepared to pay the right price for.

It seems a shame but, for me, is evidence they may not have been the right potential owners.

No doubt better than the current rabble though.

I think you are right Kamy, I also believe they dont really know what to do, sad but true and in doing so have in many ways, made supporters think the Indians are pretty gullable!!

Can't believe how difficult it is for the penny to drop for some.

The simple fact is Venky's, IMO, will not give the club away even if we are relegated and I maintain a view that they will be determined, come hell or high water, to walk away with their initial £23m investment which I believe they will.

IMV, all this local consortium business is Hans Christian Andersen stuff - a pipe dream that will not be realised.

Kamy, this won't change if we get relegated. Money won't be an issue for them, horrible PR will. If they were to relegate the club, concede defeat and then give it away it would be disastrous for them. Anything fans have done so far to exert pressure on them will be nothing compared to the scenario I've just outlined. They have already started their long-term plans which involve Blackburn Rovers, so to expect them to suddenly give that up because of relegation is highly unlikely.

Kamy, this won't change if we get relegated. Money won't be an issue for them, horrible PR will. If they were to relegate the club, concede defeat and then give it away it would be disastrous for them. Anything fans have done so far to exert pressure on them will be nothing compared to the scenario I've just outlined. They have already started their long-term plans which involve Blackburn Rovers, so to expect them to suddenly give that up because of relegation is highly unlikely.

They will not give the club away !!! IMO, it's sentimental claptrap !!!

Their management may well have left much to be desired but they will not toss £23m down the drain - they simply do not need to. People who believe they will are, IMO, substantially misleading Rovers' supporters.

They will get their money back but what remains of our club will remain to be seen.

Indeed. "Whatever happens in the future Mrs Desai if your organisation purchases BRFC you cannot lose financially". Repeated frequently 18 months or so ago.

Always had you down as one of the few realists on here !

Always had you down as one of the few realists on here !

Simply repeating the sentence I was informed (from a very good source) which was repeated over and over to Joan and the Venkeymob to reassure them during the negotiations for the sale.

I do like to believe that I am a reallist though. Pipe dreams are for the optimistic and the gullible.... Something which imo most of us were in our formative years but which the passage of time tends to replace with scepticism, pragmatism and caution.

Many believe the difference between intelligence and wisdom is age. I'm one of em.

I have complete faith in what you are saying Kamy.

However, a truly determined buyer would have made an offer that could not be refused. I am sure that any offer (formal or informal) made to Venkys would have been fair and substantial HOWEVER it was not enough to prove the consistent point that everything is for sale at the right price. Therefore they did not try hard enough in my opinion.

If and when Qatar purchase Aston Villa or anyone else I suspect it will be at a much higher price than their alleged offer for Rovers, which begs the question why did they not 'up the ante'? The answer for me would be that they did not want it enough so moved on to another target that they were prepared to pay the right price for.

It seems a shame but, for me, is evidence they may not have been the right potential owners.

No doubt better than the current rabble though.

Very well put, Devon Rover.

Indeed. "Whatever happens in the future Mrs Desai if your organisation purchases BRFC you cannot lose financially". Repeated frequently 18 months or so ago.

Was it you that kept telling them? You're doing a good job with mimicking the repetition. It was annoying the first time you told us...

Very well put, Devon Rover.

Was it you that kept telling them? You're doing a good job with mimicking the repetition. It was annoying the first time you told us...

Hey don't shoot the messenger.... however I'm thinking of making it my sig to really p1ss everybody off as much as it p1sses me off. :(

It would make a suitable epitaph to the club before too long don't you think stuart?

Mercer maybe they won't get far with this bid but to knock the people trying to do something about the shambles this club is in is not right at least they are trying to change this club for the better and it gives us hope that something might happen.

Not knocking the folk who try to do something, however, IMO, I can't see any foundation as to why any would be purchaser would get the club for either a nominal fee or substantially below £23m. The risk is that this spreads false hope amongst already seriously p1ssed-off supporters. I've also invited Keira Knightley to dinner on Saturday night whilst the missus is away on a girlie weekend. Expect to get same response that Venky's have given ! Let's just be feckin realistic !

Presumably the only way to get their dough back if we go down would be to break it up.

Certainly as a going concern in the Championship, the club's not worth tuppence ha'penny.

If they don't want to sell now because of bad PR they are pig-headed and ignorant. Under their ownership we're only headed one way, so the PR will just get worse.

God, the stubbornness and ignorance is so annoying.

Archived