BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Just what I was going to ask :tu:

Can you enlighten us Kamy?

From what I have been told, Owners do not trust any of the local groups. They are worried that if they decide to engage with any of these groups then the next thing that will happen is that they will go public and headlines of "Venky's set to sell", so at the moment they have adopted the approach of ignoring any approaches to buy the club. I know for a fact that some of the people who have made these approaches have been totally and utterly blanked.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have been told, Owners do not trust any of the local groups. They are worried that if they decide to engage with any of these groups then the next thing that will happen is that they will go public and headlines of "Venky's set to sell", so at the moment they have adopted the approach of ignoring any approaches to buy the club. I know for a fact that some of the people who have made these approaches have been totally and utterly blanked.

Can't stop laughing at that one.

Who the feck do they think they are - personally, wouldn't trust Venky's or their puppet Kean as far as I could spit.

IMO, what breathtaking hypocrisy!

If it's local, it must be the Ians then.

A momentary flutter of hopes raised only to be quickly dashed again.

This is a different local bid. There are two local bids being prepared. One from the two Ian's and one from an unnamed group.

This guy on twitter seems pretty clued up about the unnamed bidders https://twitter.com/#!/joshboswellbrfc. Think he is the guy that produces the podcasts on here?!

This is a different local bid. There are two local bids being prepared. One from the two Ian's and one from an unnamed group.

This guy on twitter seems pretty clued up about the unnamed bidders https://twitter.com/#!/joshboswellbrfc. Think he is the guy that produces the podcasts on here?!

Is he not saying that there is a local bid, fronted by two local business men, but with investors backing the deal? Where is the other bid mentioned?

Is he not saying that there is a local bid, fronted by two local business men, but with investors backing the deal? Where is the other bid mentioned?

I'm aware of the two Ian's interest in buying the club but this guy seems to be talking about a different local bid.

What follows is a quotation from the League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan in the light of AVB's sacking:

"When you take over a football club, you must ensure there are clear agreed objectives and goals right from the start. You must make sure that you manage expectations from the players, everyone at the club, the fans and even the media.

"Players need to know the manager's strategy and job is not in question and there is a clear remit. You get success if you have time and stability comes from that, otherwise it's very difficult for a manager like Andre to impose his philosophy and build a team."

I don't suppose there's anyone who could get Mrs Desai and her brothers to read that second paragraph and substitute the phrase "Fans need to know the owners' strategy" at the start of it, is there?

Venkys would be against selling to a local group because they would have to open up the books, divulge the true details of the agents' fees, gag orders, pay offs, Kean's contract, Board minutes, lack of governance etc.

A local group is more likely to put the bad stuff in the public domain.

Venkys would be against selling to a local group because they would have to open up the books, divulge the true details of the agents' fees, gag orders, pay offs, Kean's contract, Board minutes, lack of governance etc.

A local group is more likely to put the bad stuff in the public domain.

That would be my interpretation also. The least risky thing for Venky's to do would be to sell to someone even more dodgy.

Great

There is another local group putting a bid together BUT they are going to be disappointed as Venky's will not sell the club at the moment, they may review the situation during the summer but at the moment they won't even entertain anyone wanting to buy the club, especially if they are local group.

Right so making 2+2 come to 5 thats either Adhan or EuroGarages then. Nobody else has any brass, nobody of Anglo saxon origin is daft enough and Hindu's and muslims hate each other so it's toss a coin time. Sorted.

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

Venkys will recieve a fair offer for Rovers before the end of this season. And not from BRIST #watchthisspace

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@RVM_2000 @JohnKinghorn81 its not them I know about. They may be involved but it's fronted by two local business men.

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@roversmadfan1 @mrwawild definately serious. Cash is available, only as a PL club

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

Venkys will recieve a fair offer for Rovers before the end of this season. And not from BRIST #watchthisspace

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@RVM_2000 @JohnKinghorn81 its not them I know about. They may be involved but it's fronted by two local business men.

@joshboswellbrfc

TheRealJoshBoswell

@roversmadfan1 @mrwawild definately serious. Cash is available, only as a PL club

Bit of a contradiction there. We may not know if we are still a PL club until the final day of the season.

It would make sense that the venkys would not prefer to reveal intimate details of their business to local people, during the due dilligence procedures

any potential buyer would need to know full financial details of recent transactions and the full financial position including mortgages, borrowings etc.

The venkys would definitely not want this even if they were interested in offers. They have got themselves into an awkward position where they cant afford

to release financial information easily especially to local business people. In any event they are probably still looking at ways to generate cash

by selling off assets or using mortgage facilities for their own use in their empire.

Bit of a contradiction there. We may not know if we are still a PL club until the final day of the season.

Right lets try and stop all of this before it gets dramatically out of hand.

• I'm not "In the know". The closest I ever get to knowing anything normally is hearing the podcasts as they are recorded. So i'm probably 4 hours ahead of the average forum user, for one day a week, at a maximum.
  • Theres a few people on this forum that have been told the same thing as what I said on twitter. As soon as I said it, I was told to say nothing else about it because it could harm any bid thats being made.
  • Other than what I said on twitter, which is what I was told, I dont know anything further.
  • All I have tried to do is let people know there are other options than the BRIST (which for the record I think is a good idea, but I doubt the money will be raised) and Venkys.
  • "Fronted" was probably a very poor choice of words - removed fronted from the sentence in that tweet.

All interesting.

First thing to understand is the definition of 'local'.

If defined as 'East Lancs' then I know of only one business man who could resource - step forward Fred Walker !

The two Ians, IMO, would need investors to substantially back them and I think this is what Wild refers to.

IMV, the Wild led proposal is a safety net only and could only realistically fund a bid if club was in Administration and, if that was the case, rest assured there would be other, perhaps better financially resourced, bidders.

Interesting to see a certain Mr Wayne Wild tweeting cold water on it already, branding them as "investors" as opposed to fans trying to ave the club. I wonder what BRIST's stance will be?

Wayne's comments on Twitter are based on the inferred suggestion that this group is only interested if the Club is a Premier League side next year, which has not been confirmed at all, by the way, as far as we know. His point is that if they are only interested in Premier League, than they are bidding based on the expectation of making a monetary return or otherwise benefitting in some way that has nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers, not on the basis of a love for the Club.

As there is absolutely no information about this group - Their identities or intentions, etc. we can't really take an official stance on it. I CAN say that if we can make contact with them - and we will try - and they appear to have solid intentions and foundations, and are interested in partnering with us, we would welcome it! In such a scenario it would be a great development for all. As said many times before, the goal of the BRSIT is to see supporter/community based ownership for the Club, and we would never leave any path to that end unturned.

With all due respects to WW and the brst, if the 'two local businessmen' are really serious about buying the club then I can't understand why they would seek a partnership with your group. Raising that amount of money was never feasible and it doesn't take a financial expert to realise that.

If its who I think it is, Venkys or the Raos may have no option, they know too much about them!!

Ooh I hope you are right Kelbo; because if who you think it is is the same as I think it is......then all I can say is WHOOPIDOO!!!!

The way to force Venkys to sell is to work with Barclays, who have the most power in the club now.

If Barclays called in their overdraft tomorrow, they could force the Venkys to either put up the c.£10m in cash, which isn't going to happen, or sell.

It would take an inside contact with Barclays to manufacture this, and they would have to show Barclays that they would be better owners than Venkys (not difficult).

As others have allured to, possibly they is already a 'contact' working with one of the groups. Only my speculation.

Archived