BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know Charles at all but had plenty of dealings with Howard as I worked for his best mate for a year or so, what a pair of gobsh....

Very rich gobshites though, maybe you did not toe the line!

:D

The Walkers? Really?

They may feel ever so slightly embarassed to see Jack's pride and joy decimated like this, but to try and re-takeover a business they were absolutely desperate to flog???

Well if the other interested parties are being blanked by she who must be obeyed, the Walkers could I belive take back the club due to agreements being broken and then pass it on to the said other parties.

Can't stop laughing at that one.

Who the feck do they think they are - personally, wouldn't trust Venky's or their puppet Kean as far as I could spit.

IMO, what breathtaking hypocrisy!

Infuriating isn't it!

Everyone look at us,the great Venky's...and we're not going until we've done some damage AND SOME!!

:angry:

Very rich gobshites though, maybe you did not toe the line!

:D

Nah, I left, my boss was a playboy his dad owned the business, him and Howard just played around with their toys, got drunk and generally did f all. I also don't think Howard has influence or say, he just takes a 'wage'. Funny thing is

, at that time (2001/02) I don't recall Howard going to many games, I do remember him watching Utd in Europe..

I briefly knew Jack's granddaughters (Linda's daughters). They were Rovers fans in their teens and would go to games. They were quite sharp cookies so I'd love it if they were involved but I'm not sure they live in the area any more.

Nah, I left, my boss was a playboy his dad owned the business, him and Howard just played around with their toys, got drunk and generally did f all. I also don't think Howard has influence or say, he just takes a 'wage'. Funny thing is

, at that time (2001/02) I don't recall Howard going to many games, I do remember him watching Utd in Europe..

I think that is because he is an egg chaser fan,

was it Robinson's were you worked?

Wonder what the Rao family are really thinking? No public comment since mid Novmeber - do they intend to speak again?

Didn't one of the Ian's mention on a recent podcast that he was hopefully of making contact with them soon?

Venky's lack of interest is getting deeper. They don't even attend board meetings anymore. They now realise Rovers can't help their business grow in the way they intended when they bought the club so are no longer interested it seems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2111267/Brazil-slur-fault-says-Jerome-Valcke--Charles-Sale.html

Also, the rumour that Venky's didn't know relegation was possible is, I hear, very accurate indeed.

Yeah, true. I will have reservations about this group until I found out who they are. However, if they are local then at least they have a coonection to the area and will have a vested interest in seeing it succeed even if they aren't rovers fans.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a consortium headed by a proper fan e.g. Niall Quinn at Sunderland. They aren't half throwing money in up there, albeit letting a bad manager spend it for the best part of 3 years!

It would appear they are very secure though, must be a feel good factor up there at the moment!

We were the hated ginger step-child of the Walker group of companies.

I'm not surprised they hated having Rovers! They were haemorrhaging money from something that in all honesty was absolutely no interest to any of them. Unfortunately none of them really inherited Jacks love for BRFC.

After three years of ######-arsing about trying to find a buyer they would have been sick to the back teeth of it!

Whether one of them fancies the idea of being the White Knight or not I don't know! Someone Give Howard a ring!

Howard? has he learnt to tie his own shoe laces yet?

What does that matter?

I briefly knew Jack's granddaughters (Linda's daughters). They were Rovers fans in their teens and would go to games. They were quite sharp cookies so I'd love it if they were involved but I'm not sure they live in the area any more.

No they have all moved away now, known them for years and they would not be interested in taking the club on. The youngest liked a status on facebook that I put about Steve Kean but that's about as far as their interest will take them.

Can anyone access the full article for this? It only let's me see the thing about brazil and then just has a one liner about venkys at the bottom. Can some paste the content or a new link on here? Is the article informative?

Venky's lack of interest is getting deeper. They don't even attend board meetings anymore. They now realise Rovers can't help their business grow in the way they intended when they bought the club so are no longer interested it seems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2111267/Brazil-slur-fault-says-Jerome-Valcke--Charles-Sale.html

Also, the rumour that Venky's didn't know relegation was possible is, I hear, very accurate indeed.

Can anyone access the full article for this? It only let's me see the thing about brazil and then just has a one liner about venkys at the bottom. Can some paste the content or a new link on here? Is the article informative?

Don't think they publish the full article online - you have to buy the paper. If anyone has bought a copy of the Daily Mail today and can let everyone know if there is a full article about this, that would be much appreciated.

Don't think they publish the full article online - you have to buy the paper. If anyone has bought a copy of the Daily Mail today and can let everyone know if there is a full article about this, that would be much appreciated.

Doesn't seem like a story to me. The owners have never attended board meetings. Since day one, they have bypassed the board in favour of directly liaising with Steve Kean. Hence the infamous letter from Williams et al and his eventual resignation.

Where has this information come from?

The rumour has been around for a while but Mr Mullan has tweeted that a 'full and frank' documentary will air about Venky's ownership of rovers by a UK based tv channel.

Added to that, I've heard that a few people have already been contacted by producers to take part in the documentary.

The rumour has been around for a while but Mr Mullan has tweeted that a 'full and frank' documentary will air about Venky's ownership of rovers by a UK based tv channel.

Added to that, I've heard that a few people have already been contacted by producers to take part in the documentary.

"Ross Kemp on fans"

Archived