BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

We'll go 1-0 up, and lose it in the 90th minute for a change.

Ha ha. Yes. Why not make it the 90th instead of losing it at 90+3. Mix it up a bit.

1-0 up with the goal either a freak punt upfield from Mark Bunn going over everyones head, Everton style, or a fluke being bundled in off Goodwillie's nuts after a rebound off the post/bar/back of someones head.

Fulham will then score 2 in the 80th and 90th minutes, after Kean has pulled off our best in-form players on the day and sent subs (of which one will be Roberts).

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Rovers fans we need a tiny glimour of hope, WELL check out this weekends fixtures.

Man United vs BOLTON

Spurs vs WOLVES

WIGAN vs Man City

and

Newcastle vs QPR (Newcastle are buzzing and hopefully QPR wont have Hughes in charge by then)

Basically IF we can win our match there is a decent chance we get out of the bottom three for the first time in along time!!!

So come on guys, lets cheer every tackle, pass, cross, shot and work ethic from the boys.

I agree if we lose we are doomed but lets give our lads a fighting chance. Plus a decent atmosphere might help lure AJ, who I personally think still has a lot to offer

oh and Boltons next two games are vs Liverpool and Arsenal,probably minus Cahill.

SO if its possible they might be in more cack than us!!

i agree...

but if we lose or draw :angry:

As Rovers fans we need a tiny glimour of hope, WELL check out this weekends fixtures.

Man United vs BOLTON

Spurs vs WOLVES

WIGAN vs Man City

and

Newcastle vs QPR (Newcastle are buzzing and hopefully QPR wont have Hughes in charge by then)

I hope Hughes is in charge this weekend. Will end his honeymoon period with a KABOOM!

QPR are weak defensively and Newcastle are rocking with Ba.

I hope Hughes is in charge this weekend. Will end his honeymoon period with a KABOOM!

QPR are weak defensively and Newcastle are rocking with Ba.

Not 100% sure, but I think Ba will be playing in the Africa Cup of Nations.

Man United vs BOLTON

Spurs vs WOLVES

WIGAN vs Man City

and

Basically IF we can win our match there is a decent chance we get out of the bottom three for the first time in along time!!!

So come on guys, lets cheer every tackle, pass, cross, shot and work ethic from the boys.

I agree if we lose we are doomed but lets give our lads a fighting chance. Plus a decent atmosphere might help lure AJ, who I personally think still has a lot to offer

oh and Boltons next two games are vs Liverpool and Arsenal,probably minus Cahill.

Bish, Rovers to finally put 90 minutes without a shocker in defence ruining a clean sheet, Yak to bag another plus one of the big boys from the back to knock in from a set piece.

We'll be out of the relegation zone by tea time!

Man United vs BOLTON

Spurs vs WOLVES

WIGAN vs Man City

and

Sorry, FFP83; but, IF my Aunt had b@lls, she'd be my uncle.

I fear that you're making the same mistake I've made several times in weeks gone by, namely praying for teams around [above!] us to do badly in the hope that we might do marginally better; or rejoicing when that's happened, while forgetting how badly we've done when playing those teams not in the top half of the League.

I fear that the only difference we'll see in the league table by the end of the Man City v. Wigan game will be that the 4 teams above us will still be above us, only with marginally worse goal differences than they have now. Clutching at straws, we do at least have the joint-best goal difference in the 5-team relegation mini-league. :rolleyes:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong but , ...

The situation is so depressing at the moment that I can't even think of a team would could put out that might have a chance of winning, any combination of midfielders just seems to be so weak and feeble.

Robinson

Lowe Samba Hanley Givet

N'Zonzi

Petrovic Pedersen

Hoilett ................. Olsson

Yakubu

That central midfield is just horrible. Henley at right back and Lowe in midfield is an option, but I don't think that helps much. It's so bad that I'd advocate Andrews starting there, but I know that would turn the atmosphere sour the moment that his name was announced over the PA system.

Holy smokes! Another eagerly-anticipated match in this roller-coaster of a season! Will Rovers keep a clean sheet? Will Steve Kean plunge to new depths of incompetence? Or will the mighty Fulham find themselves in an elite group of Kean triumphs?

B3B3BF2DC62E-1.jpg

For the first time ever since supporting Rovers, I can actually say I hope we lose on Saturday.

Lets face it, relegation is inevitable now. Everything going on at Rovers is just too fustrating. Hopefully, a poor performance against Fulham will see things erupt big time; maybe then the major media outlets will take notice of how serious this is, and consider the part Sky played in the provokation inflicted via Jerome Anderson's doctrine of deceit.

Its sad, and ironic, that the football is becoming less important surrounding our football club's future. Thing is, we've got nothing else to loose now.

I dont think a clean sheet is the be all and end all. Basically we know we need to be solid at the back but from my experience this season we tend to conceed an average at least two goals a game, so a step in the right direction would be just trying to conceed one a game (baby steps). Eventually leading to clean sheets one day (probably under a new manager).

its ALL about 3 points this saturday, I dont care if we win 7 - 6 after being 7 - 0 up going into injury time, lets put pressure on our relegation rivals, lets give the players and the fans a real boost!!!!

yeah Andy Johnson might not be bothered by our fans being great but i know it means a lot to the likes of Samba and Nzonzi.

Keith Andrews can start for me!! we can do no worse than any of the others that have played this season.

I just hope after all of the trying of players in position can we just have yakubu and rochina up top!! 4-4-2 Proper system and get at fulham. Get rochina into positions where he can shoot from. Not stuck on the left touchline crying out for the ball in acres of space because our other midfielders are too slow to switch the play.

Does anyone know if robinson is fit ??

I would like to see

Robinson

Salgado/Andrews/Lowe

Olsson

Samba

Givet

Simon R/W

Junior L/W

Nzonzi CM

Andrews/Lowe/Pedersen CM

Rochina

Yakubu

Pigs will fly before i get my wish but i can dream!!

Keith Andrews can start for me!! we can do no worse than any of the others that have played this season.

I just hope after all of the trying of players in position can we just have yakubu and rochina up top!! 4-4-2 Proper system and get at fulham. Get rochina into positions where he can shoot from. Not stuck on the left touchline crying out for the ball in acres of space because our other midfielders are too slow to switch the play.

Does anyone know if robinson is fit ??

I would like to see

Robinson

Salgado/Andrews/Lowe

Olsson

Samba

Givet

Simon R/W

Junior L/W

Nzonzi CM

Andrews/Lowe/Pedersen CM

Rochina

Yakubu

Pigs will fly before i get my wish but i can dream!!

The very second andrews is available kean will stick him in. He will hope the fans will take some of their frustrations out on keith.

I think he would be a massive improvement on the crap we have seen so far this season. Ironically we will need him next year in the championship.

The situation now is quite straightforward.

We need 42 points to be on the safe side which means we have only eighteen games left to amass a daunting 28 points. Plus Hughes' appointment at QPR (absolutely gutted) means it's probably any three from us Bolton, Wigan and Wolves now for the chop as opposed to the any three from five scenario previously .

We simply HAVE to get three points on Saturday to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival. Nothing else matters. In my view renewed protests against Kean and the owners of the sort we saw against Bolton will make it far less likely we'll get the result we need.

On the pitch I agree with the poster above who suggested Rochina up front either alongside or playing just behing the Yak in a more central position.

We need 42 points to be on the safe side which means we have only eighteen games left to amass a daunting 28 points. Plus Hughes' appointment at QPR (absolutely gutted) means it's probably any three from us Bolton, Wigan and Wolves now for the chop as opposed to the any three from five scenario previously .

We simply HAVE to get three points on Saturday to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival. Nothing else matters. In my view renewed protests against Kean and the owners of the sort we saw against Bolton will make it far less likely we'll get the result we need.

On the pitch I agree with the poster above who suggested Rochina up front either alongside or playing just behing the Yak in a more central position.

I think that survival target will be significantly less and that 36 points will be safe this season, however, that still leaves us with a daunting task of securing 22 more pints.

Agree with your 3 from 4 permutation, however, we are nailed on favourites for the drop, IMV. There is not one shred of evidence that presents even a grain of hope and, IMO, Jerome's Sky interview has made things ten times worse.

As for protests, I think they are now inevitable owing to, IMO, the owners and managements' gross mismanagement since we were sold.

A decent manager and I'd have backed us to survive, unfortunately that boat has long since sailed.

I've not looked back on previous years but surely given Kean's record to date, it would be unprecedented for him as manager to preserve our Premier League status (ie the uplift in results would be too great?).

The team is a lost cause. You need organisation, leadership and desire and we have none. May as well just call for the manager and owners head from now on

Fulham have some very handy players. Ruiz and Dembele have really impressed me the last couple of times I saw them play. We can forget about a clean sheet right now.

Even with a fully fit squad I dont think we'd have much to worry Fulham so Im not going to bother thinking one up. Just stick to plan A and feed the Yak.

Archived