BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation now is quite straightforward.

We need 42 points to be on the safe side

No idea how you've come to that conclusion. Safety is currently 17 points after 20 games. How have you equated that to 42 points over a full season?

Ourselves, Wigan, Bolton and Wolves are poor teams. Somewhere in the mid-thirties will be enough for survival, but I don't think we'll get above 30.

The situation now is quite straightforward.

We need 42 points to be on the safe side which means we have only eighteen games left to amass a daunting 28 points. Plus Hughes' appointment at QPR (absolutely gutted) means it's probably any three from us Bolton, Wigan and Wolves now for the chop as opposed to the any three from five scenario previously .

We simply HAVE to get three points on Saturday to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival. Nothing else matters. In my view renewed protests against Kean and the owners of the sort we saw against Bolton will make it far less likely we'll get the result we need.

On the pitch I agree with the poster above who suggested Rochina up front either alongside or playing just behing the Yak in a more central position.

The situation has been quite straightforward to some of us, for a while now Simon. The loss of the trustees/JW/SA team was heading us for relegation. All three parties you strangely opposed didn't you?

Apart from that, taking into account how many games we're massive underdogs in between now and the end of the season and are very likely to lose, we have needed European qualification form, or even CL form in the other games for the last couple of months at least. It isn't coming.

1: We simply HAVE to get three points on Saturday to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival. Nothing else matters. In my view renewed protests against Kean and the owners of the sort we saw against Bolton will make it far less likely we'll get the result we need.

2: On the pitch I agree with the poster above who suggested Rochina up front either alongside or playing just behing the Yak in a more central position.

Point 1: If the words " i have been lied to " came straight from samba's mouth then make no mistake venky's and kean are getting both barrells on saturday. I was so confident as we started against stoke even after seeing the line up that we could get something but right now i feel completely shattered. We desperately need to beat fulham and i will be standing and chanting and cheering the team on 100% but that will not stop me chanting anti kean and anti-venky's songs and trust me it doesnt make me feel good about myself but i dont see any alternative. There was not 1 negative song or chant last season at all and look how that ended up.

Point 2: I just hope this happens!!

No idea how you've come to that conclusion. Safety is currently 17 points after 20 games. How have you equated that to 42 points over a full season?

I did say to be "on the safe side". It may well be that the survival mark is onsiderably les than 42 points but we can't rely on that. We saw at the end of last season that teams scrapping down at the bottom ourselves included seem to be capable on occasion of pulling out a few decent results from nowhere.

As for saying we're down already that's ridiculous. Things don't look good admittedly but somehow we're still only thre points adrift of safety. We're not down until we need four points with one game remaining etc etc.

The loss of the trustees/JW/SA team was heading us for relegation. All three parties you strangely opposed didn't you?

As the over-riding reason for our current plight is the lack of investment in the playing side over the last eight or nine years I'd say my opposition was fairly well founded wouldn't you Den?

I don't disagree that the the Raos have made some ill advised decisions which have accelerated our demise, (I'd say by about 12 to 18 months but we'd have been here sooner rather than later without serious investment in the squad.)

I did say to be "on the safe side". It may well be that the survival mark is onsiderably les than 42 points but we can't rely on that. We saw at the end of last season that teams scrapping down at the bottom ourselves included seem to be capable on occasion of pulling out a few decent results from nowhere.

As for saying we're down already that's ridiculous. Things don't look good admittedly but somehow we're still only thre points adrift of safety. We're not down until we need four points with one game remaining etc etc.

It would be a huge turnaround in form though, and all four teams I mentioned don't look like improving any time soon.

To get to 42 as safety, you have to go from 17 points from 20 games to 25 points from 18 games. It's a dramatic change, I'm sure it won't happen.

You honestly think the quality at the bottom this year is high enough to break the 40 point rule? The teams down to the bottom are as poor a bunch as there has been for a few years.

To be honest, what I'm arguing here backs up your second paragraph! Mathematically we're far from gone, but if you take into account everything that has happened over the last 12 months then we really don't stand a chance.

It would be a huge turnaround in form though, and all four teams I mentioned don't look like improving any time soon.

To get to 42 as safety, you have to go from 17 points from 20 games to 25 points from 18 games. It's a dramatic change, I'm sure it won't happen.

You honestly think the quality at the bottom this year is high enough to break the 40 point rule? The teams down to the bottom are as poor a bunch as there has been for a few years.

To be honest, what I'm arguing here backs up your second paragraph! Mathematically we're far from gone, but if you take into account everything that has happened over the last 12 months then we really don't stand a chance.

QPR have just appointed Hughes and will probably see an upturn in performances.

Most likely situation: we will be cut adrift in our own 4 team league with Wolves, Wigan (who are playing better football and not about to lose key players) and Bolton. 1 out of 4 to stay up. I agree that it's not mathematically impossible, but it relies on three teams above us having an even worse second half of the season than us, which won't happen on current form.

Could be done, but I've started looking up postcodes of Championship grounds for the satnav - just in case!

As the over-riding reason for our current plight is the lack of investment in the playing side over the last eight or nine years I'd say my opposition was fairly well founded wouldn't you Den?

No, nor do I think that you believe that. I hope not anyway. The overriding reason for our current plight is the sale of the club to these s****ers.

I don't disagree that the the Raos have made some ill advised decisions which have accelerated our demise, (I'd say by about 12 to 18 months but we'd have been here sooner rather than later without serious investment in the squad.)

Eventually we would have been relegated yes - as will all clubs outside the absolute richest. However, to say it would have happened very soon is just.... well.... clutching at anything to back an argument up. We've been in this PL for the best part of 20 years and no-one knows how much longer we'd have stayed in it. If the Raos had gone about this properly and done what they had promised to do, maybe for quite some seasons yet.

The combined effect [which is what I put to you] of the Raos taking over, the loss of any kind of managerial structure capable of running a club in the EPL, along with the loss of Sam, without doubt in my mind, set us back a heck of a lot further than 12 months Simon.

You know that.

Come off it Rev, there is nowt between the sides in the bottom half of the table.

With a professional management team of JW, TF and Sam Allardyce, and with the club continuing to pay competitive wages, there was nothing AT ALL inevitable about relegation.

The fact the club has disintegrated in a year is down to the owners and their appalling decision making- nothing else.

Come off it Rev, there is nowt between the sides in the bottom half of the table.

With a professional management team of JW, TF and Sam Allardyce, and with the club continuing to pay competitive wages, there was nothing AT ALL inevitable about relegation.

The fact the club has disintegrated in a year is down to the owners and their appalling decision making- nothing else.

I agree with Rev - we couldn't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat like Samba, Nzonzi, Olsson, P Jones etc.

Kalanic for me was the first warning sign - we were unbelievably lucky to allegedly got our money back on him - reasonably I think most people thought we would take a £3m loss.

Under the trust we had to keep selling - the squad was getting gradually older.

I admit it wouldn't have happened in the next two or three years - as we have enough saleable assets - but it would have happened eventually.

I agree with Rev - we couldn't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat like Samba, Nzonzi, Olsson, P Jones etc.

Kalanic for me was the first warning sign - we were unbelievably lucky to allegedly got our money back on him - reasonably I think most people thought we would take a £3m loss.

I admit it wouldn't have happened in the next two or three years - as we have enough saleable assets - but it would have happened eventually.

With Alllardyce , Williams and Finn at the helm , we would not be in this predicament this season or last ...

I t would have happenend at some stage , I agree . But there are some very poor teams in the league this season , so avoiding relegation would have been easier ..

Why were we bought , in the first place ?

Well in that case, you actually disagree with Rev and agree with the rest of us.

IMO, it's quite clear that the club is now falling apart under the gross mismanagement of Venky's and Kean.

Everyday, you can hear and read (look at Twitter over last 3 days) speculation that morale with the 1st team is not what Kean says. Several seniors sidelined and Samba's quite scathing comments in the French paper today will widen the alleged cracks.

So what does Kean do with Samba (said today he hadn't seen the French paper), play him or drop him and what about the captaincy ?

Additionally, Jerome's comments are likely to have inflamed the situation rather than brought any unity.

I fear a real drubbing on Saturday and we are 'only' playing Fulham. I fear heads will drop after we concede a first goal and Ewood could be even more hostile than it was v Bolton.

Just what have we come to !

had the scummys done the right thing months ago and bin coco then we might have pulled ourselves away from this predicament, ala, ince being replaced with big sam but venkys cant be bothered getting of their arses and doing something so its ALL down to them why we are where we are, kean is the outcome of scummys' ineptitude!!!

no idea why, but i fancy us to win on saterday, givet and olsson are back, holiett is avalible, samba and yak are rested. team i would play is this.

GK: Bunn

DL: Olsson

DC: Samba

DC: Givet

DR: Henley

ML: Rochina

MC: N'Zonzi

MC: Lowe

MR: Pedersen

AMC: Holiett

ST: Yakubu

going for a 2-1 win. Yakubu and Givet

Within 6 months of taking over Kean and Venkys turned us from mid-table to relegation fodder - saved only by the points tally gained under the astute stewardship of the previous manager, board and owners.

Why do you doubt that things couldnt have continued? We'd managed reasonably comfortably for 9 years barring the odd scrape under a great board, with no real investment. Far better than many more clubs with far more money. The threat was really only that the board would be replaced by novices. To say it hastened thing by 12-18 months is a joke of a comment, and one that you cannot substanciate. If it wasnt for the last win under Allardyce we would have been relegated last season.

Within 6 months of taking over Kean and Venkys turned us from mid-table to relegation fodder - saved only by the points tally gained under the astute stewardship of the previous manager, board and owners.

Why do you doubt that things couldnt have continued? We'd managed reasonably comfortably for 9 years barring the odd scrape under a great board, with no real investment. Far better than many more clubs with far more money. The threat was really only that the board would be replaced by novices. To say it hastened thing by 12-18 months is a joke of a comment, and one that you cannot substanciate. If it wasnt for the last win under Allardyce we would have been relegated last season.

Spot on !!!

Unfortunately, for some reason, Revidge Blue seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder where Walker Trust, John Williams, Big Sam etc are concerned.

His continual spoutings are the signs of a sad individual.

+100

Guest Rovers4Good

no idea why, but i fancy us to win on saterday, givet and olsson are back, holiett is avalible, samba and yak are rested. team i would play is this.

GK: Bunn

DL: Olsson

DC: Samba

DC: Givet

DR: Henley

ML: Rochina

MC: N'Zonzi

MC: Lowe

MR: Pedersen

AMC: Holiett

ST: Yakubu

going for a 2-1 win. Yakubu and Givet