BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

I cannot see Samba being in the squad, let alone in the starting eleven. Nor Junior. I hope I'm wrong.

It's got to be groundhog day. Whichever team is picked, Fulham to win 2-1 with Dempsey getting one of them.

We are already relegated regardless of the odd "positive" result.angry.gifmad.gif

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend works at LET and he read the headlines as he was finishing and rang me to tell me, cant really see as my friend would lie to me.

This a new friend ? There have been quite a few LET headlines recently where you could have been ITK - why suddenly now ? BTW - no idea whether true or not - just seems strange that Samba was seen at training today.

P.S. Just seen twitter comments from Sun journalist - that there was a notable absentee from training.

This a new friend ? There have been quite a few LET headlines recently where you could have been ITK - why suddenly now ? BTW - no idea whether true or not - just seems strange that Samba was seen at training today.

P.S. Just seen twitter comments from Sun journalist - that there was a notable absentee from training.

What you people like. I am not trying to say i am ITK, just got some info yesterday off my friend who does work there and quite high up, i wont bother in future you just get slagged off.

What a disgrace Samba is if he has pulled a fast one here.

Club captain needs to get out there and do what he gets paid to do, we are struggling with injuries and form and he does this. Please no blaming Kean or Venkys for this, this is the Chris Samba show and there is only one star.

Club captain needs to get out there and do what he gets paid to do, we are struggling with injuries and form and he does this. Please no blaming Kean or Venkys for this, this is the Chris Samba show and there is only one star.

Personally, I don't blame Samba for wanting out of this madhouse. When the owners can sanction the treatment of Salgado and Roberts which we have seen lately why should any player feel any loyalty to the owners, the manager or the club? The fact that we have been struggling with injuries has clearly not bothered the owners who, it would appear, have told the manager not to select two of his most experienced players. When the others players see that the owners aren't interested in the club why should they be?

It's rumoured that more than one is looking for the exit door. Sadly, who can blame them when they see the circus that a once well run club has become. If we, as fans aren't happy with what's going on, and many of us have made a lifelong committment to the club, why should be expect players who are simply "passing through" to be any less disenchanted. I know the argument that they are paid employees but when it suited the owners not to select Salgado and Roberts for reasons other than football the owners lost the moral high ground with regard to that point.

I no longer recognise Venky Rovers as the same Blackburn Rovers that I have supported for the past 50 years. No wonder the players feel let down by an ownership who talked a good game but have completely failed to deliver what was promised.

What you people like. I am not trying to say i am ITK, just got some info yesterday off my friend who does work there and quite high up, i wont bother in future you just get slagged off.

Well gotta say - you were right - I apologise with questioning your info. Unfortunately there is so much c**p doing the rounds it is difficult to know which info to trust - and if I am honest there was a part of me that didn't want to believe it because of the implications for the club

Personally, I don't blame Samba for wanting out of this madhouse. When the owners can sanction the treatment of Salgado and Roberts which we have seen lately why should any player feel any loyalty to the owners, the manager or the club? The fact that we have been struggling with injuries has clearly not bothered the owners who, it would appear, have told the manager not to select two of his most experienced players. When the others players see that the owners aren't interested in the club why should they be?

It's rumoured that more than one is looking for the exit door. Sadly, who can blame them when they see the circus that a once well run club has become. If we, as fans aren't happy with what's going on, and many of us have made a lifelong committment to the club, why should be expect players who are simply "passing through" to be any less disenchanted. I know the argument that they are paid employees but when it suited the owners not to select Salgado and Roberts for reasons other than football the owners lost the moral high ground with regard to that point.

I no longer recognise Venky Rovers as the same Blackburn Rovers that I have supported for the past 50 years. No wonder the players feel let down by an ownership who talked a good game but have completely failed to deliver what was promised.

I agree with much that you have written - but in Samba's case he has been trying to get away for ages - it isn't just the Venky's. In this case the Venky's make a convenient excuse so he doesn't get stick. As far as Salgado and Roberts - who is to say it would have been any different under Sam and the previous owners - at the end of the day we only have so much money for wages, and can't afford to pay big wages for players no longer considered first team regulars - so can't afford to extend contracts.

more likely that because samba 'spoke out' the other day that kean will drop him saying his mind is in the wrong place.

Well gotta say - you were right - I apologise with questioning your info. Unfortunately there is so much c**p doing the rounds it is difficult to know which info to trust - and if I am honest there was a part of me that didn't want to believe it because of the implications for the club

I agree with much that you have written - but in Samba's case he has been trying to get away for ages - it isn't just the Venky's. In this case the Venky's make a convenient excuse so he doesn't get stick. As far as Salgado and Roberts - who is to say it would have been any different under Sam and the previous owners - at the end of the day we only have so much money for wages, and can't afford to pay big wages for players no longer considered first team regulars - so can't afford to extend contracts.

Sorry, I don't buy the contract argument. Both players want to play for the club and an agreement could be reached. Indeed, rumour has it that Salgado has already indicated that he is likely to retire at the end of the season. I suspect it has more to do with the wage structure of the existing contract and the fact that the owners simply want to cut the wage bill irrespective of whether that leads to relegation or not.

I agree Samba has wanted away for some time but I think most would agree with him that the shambles that Blackburn Rovers has become makes it more likely that players will want to leave and it will be difficult to attract new players with the Championship on the horizon. Certainly the talk of European football, potential Champions' League and the winning of cups has long since gone as the reality of the Venky ownership is more likely to involve Championship football with a struggle to avoid League One thrown in for good measure. No wonder players are looking for the door marked 'exit'.

What a ridiculous situation we are in - Kean constantly bemoaning lacking our senior players yet Roberts and Salgado have been frozen out. Regardless of your thoughts on their ability, they were involved earlier in the season and in Salgado's case, Kean was saying how much we were missing him when he was apparently injured.

And yet we keep hearing again and again about the youngest team in BRFC history and all that rubbish.

As for Samba, given his managerial experience, how would Kean know how to handle this situation effectively - not very well is my guess.

The whole thing, like the club has become under these owners/manager, is a joke.

Pitty - keep it coming if you get something !!! Freedom of thought, etc is trying to be suppressed enough elsewhere !!!

Every sympathy with Samba.

This is what happens when you have a manager and owners who, IMO, are totally and utterly shambolic in their management.

Some people think there will be several 'high profile' departures from Ewood before end of Jan. It's easy to understand why.

Pitty - keep it coming if you get something !!! Freedom of thought, etc is trying to be suppressed enough elsewhere !!!

Every sympathy with Samba.

This is what happens when you have a manager and owners who, IMO, are totally and utterly shambolic in their management.

Some people think there will be several 'high profile' departures from Ewood before end of Jan. It's easy to understand why.

Like i said i dont get much because i dont want to put him on the spot, but in future if i get any info off him I will put on site no probs.

Totally agree with that point of view. Samba has sulked and rocked the boat every single transfer window since the days of Hughes. He has accepted pay rise after pay rise and has a responsibility to be available when fit and give 100%. Although he has had a really positive impact on the pitch, he has also dropped some serious clangers and has never had the fans on his back for it...now could that be said of certain other players? I hope he is fit and available today and shows us fans the respect we deserve and give his all until the end of the season. If he does that, regardless of outcome, he will have my best wishes at whichever club he chooses to move on to.

Just cant bring myself to go to games anymore under this regime, whilst I love the club deeply, cant see a way under these people and both Anderson and Kean along with the so called owners, should hang their heads in shame for destroying Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

If Samba doesn't play, it's a sign that he is off for me. If he phoned in 'sick' for training, we all know what that means.

I'm not confident about this game at all to be honest. I always see games against Fulham like games against Everton, Newcastle, Stoke or Aston Villa, in which we usually struggle.

They say he'sa fat pie eating waste of space. Kean will make him captain no doubt .

Its believed he wants out, from what i have been told Dunny will stay if we get a new manager in within next few months. Not sure who would want him, bolton? wigan? hes wrong side of 30 and suffered due to injuries.

If we can snatch a win and other results are favourable we can get out of bottom 3!! Wow, who'd have predicted that? Hope Samba plays, (not read anything saying he can't yet). I'm looking through blue n white spectacles and predicting a 1-0 win (yes nil!!). Come on you blues!!! :rover:

Its believed he wants out, from what i have been told Dunny will stay if we get a new manager in within next few months. Not sure who would want him, bolton? wigan? hes wrong side of 30 and suffered due to injuries.

Maybe Dunny, should be a real fan and start telling the media that it's not the fans that are to blame? If a few players came out and supported us it would make a big difference. It's not like he is ever fit to play and can be dropped is it?

Maybe Dunny, should be a real fan and start telling the media that it's not the fans that are to blame? If a few players came out and supported us it would make a big difference. It's not like he is ever fit to play and can be dropped is it?

samba has said something. but he will be slated for wanting to leave by some sections.

Archived