BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby and Ian Currie

Following podcast 23 featuring Ian Battersby, being the most informative and factual dialogue regarding the current plight of BRFC to date, I am somewhat gobsmacked at how little interest it has generated to date.

If anyone has any questions or queries, post them as requested by Wem and they will be directly answered.

I am beginning to think that some want to protest for protestings sake. For gods sake we're all ###### off but we may have chance of salvation, let's jump on it!

WATR!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. I would rather see these two do what they can to get the club off venkys.

Sadly some elements of the protestors think he is close to a certain football agent. Which is rubbish. They explained how things panned out when they went over to pune.

I would like to hear more from these two. In case supporters are able to help them somehow.

Totally agree. I would rather see these two do what they can to get the club off venkys.

Sadly some elements of the protestors think he is close to a certain football agent. Which is rubbish. They explained how things panned out when they went over to pune.

I would like to hear more from these two. In case supporters are able to help them somehow.

Ian Battersby makes no secret of the fact that he has known Jerome Anderson for 12 years but that doesn't mean he's into bed with him, which he most definitely is not! It's just another business contact among many, that's life for gods sake.In the business world of dealing with high net worth individuals which is Mr Battersbys business, JA is just another contact amongst many, most of which are much more salubrious and wealthy!

The most pertinent credentials to the 2 Ians are their contacts, financial and business acumen and most importantly their long standing love of BRFC and it's heritage.

Have no reservations, get behind them!

Any questions or queries WILL be honestly answered ASAP so long as they are sensible as mentioned in podcast 23

Thanks for reminding me I am in the process of putting a list of things venkys & Kean have been conflicting to say the least if I post the document in here could either of the Ian's if possible answer some of the questions or try and get answers to them because after the shenanigans this week there are more questions than answers to the state the club is in.

I am beginning to think that some want to protest for protestings sake. For gods sake we're all ###### off but we may have chance of salvation, let's jump on it!

I don't see the point of this line other than a cheap dig at the protesters.

Thanks for reminding me I am in the process of putting a list of things venkys & Kean have been conflicting to say the least if I post the document in here could either of the Ian's if possible answer some of the questions or try and get answers to them because after the shenanigans this week there are more questions than answers to the state the club is in.

I don't really wish to be a conduit but I will assure you that if you post your questions to the appropriate thread as requested in Podcast 23, Ian will respond.

If that doesn't work, post it here and you will get an answer but please try the appropriate channels first.

I don't see the point of this line other than a cheap dig at the protesters.

Sorry you took it that way Topman, it was in no way a dig because I share your frustrations.

Pointless protesting to achieve nowt is my view, time to move on. If you wish to carry on as previously, then that's entirely up to you if that's how you choose to vent your frustrations. I'm not knocking it just don't agree with the process and that you have extracted one line rather than taking my post in it's entirety in the spirit it was written

Sorry you took it that way Topman, it was in no way a dig because I share your frustrations.

Pointless protesting to achieve nowt is my view, time to move on. If you wish to carry on as previously, then that's entirely up to you if that's how you choose to vent your frustrations. I'm not knocking it just don't agree with the process and that you have extracted one line rather than taking my post in it's entirety in the spirit it was written

You won't be able to move on darren cos it sounds like you haven't even started. Just as a matter of interest what do you think should be the next move?

Following podcast 23 featuring Ian Battersby, being the most informative and factual dialogue regarding the current plight of BRFC to date, I am somewhat gobsmacked at how little interest it has generated to date.

If anyone has any questions or queries, post them as requested by Wem and they will be directly answered.

WATR!

What is the chance of salvation? i have not listened to the podcast as yet.

WATR!

For once topmAn is right

They are actually going to put an offer to Venkys for the club?

No they are confident of being able to put an offer / proposal forward IF Venkys want to sell. Very different from making an offer to Venkys which implied an unsolicited bid.

This is potentially good news, but depends on whether the venkys are prepared to listen to offers. As I read it the big issue is whether they can open

a communication path with Mrs D who seems to be the decision maker in general. Whilst I agree we would be much better off with local people / fans in

control, nothing will move unless the venkys will talk to the Ians. Have they approached the venkys to see if they are interested in selling?

This is potentially good news, but depends on whether the venkys are prepared to listen to offers. As I read it the big issue is whether they can open

a communication path with Mrs D who seems to be the decision maker in general. Whilst I agree we would be much better off with local people / fans in

control, nothing will move unless the venkys will talk to the Ians. Have they approached the venkys to see if they are interested in selling?

Beatrix

The unfortunate situation as I see it from Venkys perspective is that value placed on the Club at the moment would effectively be the same as one in The Championship. That said it's probably worse because the current wage bill of £40 million per annum would only be supported by a revenue stream of £16 million parachute payments plus gate receipts. I suspect that based on that scenario, having committed no funds in January, they are sat in India in the knowledge that if we do manage to stay up it's a bonus and would increase the value of The Club and potentially they could recoup their investment from a sale. If we go down, I suspect that they would recoup their losses via a fire sale of our prized assets.

It is known that the Rao family read these boards, I believe following the podcast that there has been no dialogue of any nature, despite repeated requests.

WATR!

But the protesters want Venkys to sell. If they don't put it up for sale then there's no chance of these guys even putting a bid together.

All rovers fans need to give ian battersby their full support. He is perhaps the only chance we have of saving the club.

The stumbling block will be trying to convince Venkys to sell the club for sweet fa, because battersby and his friends wont be able to stump up 20 million! We all know what a stubborn thing desai is. The key will be giving Venkys an honourable exit that saves them face, and at the same time involves them selling the club for nothing. To me, those 2 factors seem mutually exclusive. I am not particularly business minded, and so how would this be achieved?

Would people accept a leveraged buy-out by a group led by Ian/Ian? You may be able to borrow £20m secured against Brockhall/Ewood. Its something that fans would be against if it was an outside investor, but in the dire situation we are in now it might be the only way a 'supporters' group could raise the finance.

They tried to make contact as recently as Xmas eve but no reply. They will keep trying and are happy to talk to them about an exit strategy that suits all parties. No way will anyone pay what Venkys paid for the club. I think they prob would sell but the big issue is whether they are prepared to sell for less than they paid for it.

Would people accept a leveraged buy-out by a group led by Ian/Ian? You may be able to borrow £20m secured against Brockhall/Ewood. Its something that fans would be against if it was an outside investor, but in the dire situation we are in now it might be the only way a 'supporters' group could raise the finance.

I wouldn't want that. Going anywhere near Brockhall/Ewood is a big no-no. If the Ians buy the club, don't be surprised if they sold off a small percentage off shares (say 20%) to rovers fans.

there may be a small , well informed group of people on this MB who know all about the 2 Ian's , unfortunately the rest of us no nowt about 'em , who are they? are they Rovers fans? whats their history/experience in football? how wealthy are they? what are they to gain? i know some are these questions may be a bit intrusive or ignorant , but you can't help fans being cautious of anybody riding in on a white horse to save us when the club is on its knees , i dont wish to sound negative and i certainly dont want Venkys to remain at the club but once bitten twice shy

All rovers fans need to give ian battersby their full support. He is perhaps the only chance we have of saving the club.

The stumbling block will be trying to convince Venkys to sell the club for sweet fa, because battersby and his friends wont be able to stump up 20 million! We all know what a stubborn thing desai is. The key will be giving Venkys an honourable exit that saves them face, and at the same time involves them selling the club for nothing. To me, those 2 factors seem mutually exclusive. I am not particularly business minded, and so how would this be achieved?

Buy the club from the administrators of course. Another possible scenario would be if Joan is found guilty in which case the FA might force them to sell under the 'fit and proper' malarky.

there may be a small , well informed group of people on this MB who know all about the 2 Ian's , unfortunately the rest of us no nowt about 'em , who are they? are they Rovers fans? whats their history/experience in football? how wealthy are they? what are they to gain? i know some are these questions may be a bit intrusive or ignorant , but you can't help fans being cautious of anybody riding in on a white horse to save us when the club is on its knees , i dont wish to sound negative and i certainly dont want Venkys to remain at the club but once bitten twice shy

I don't know them personally but have read and heard a lot about them. They are genuine Rovers fans, have been going to games for many years. Ian Currie used to be a Director on the board at Bolton so knows a lot about running a football club. Ian Battersby has worked in the Financial sector for many years dealing with many clients across a range of sectors including the football sector.

I would suggest they are wealthy but not in football terms. The more important factor is that they will have very wealthy contacts. There is nothing to gain apart from passion. These are genuine. They would be class.

Archived