BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby and Ian Currie

How can it be time to move on when Kean and Venkys are still here?

Went to watch that shambles in pub today .wonder how the malnourished baby is tonight then Venkys eh?

There was a guy there who works for one of the legal outfits in town who told me both Currie and Battersby were out of the country yesterday-please god somebody tell me they had gone to collect the keys.

Also someone who sits near Battersby in the Premier Suites said on weds before Newcastle game Paul Hunt kept coming to his table and half an hour before kick off they disappeared together and Battersby didn't get back to his seat in the stand till 20 mins into the game

Are there things happening?anybody heard anything?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to watch that shambles in pub today .wonder how the malnourished baby is tonight then Venkys eh?

There was a guy there who works for one of the legal outfits in town who told me both Currie and Battersby were out of the country yesterday-please god somebody tell me they had gone to collect the keys.

Also someone who sits near Battersby in the Premier Suites said on weds before Newcastle game Paul Hunt kept coming to his table and half an hour before kick off they disappeared together and Battersby didn't get back to his seat in the stand till 20 mins into the game

A bloke who works at the Vue cinema told me he saw the same two holding hands in the car park 20 minutes after the game today.

I've not heard anything new. But to come out publically and state that you are in a position to put a proposal together suggests they are close to getting a consortium together. Unless they have managed to open dialogue with mrs d, it's unlikely anything is close to happening.

If there is a group ready and able to buy the club. They should come out publicly, here and in India, and make an offer to buy the club.

Make it public, so that there can be no denial that an offer was made. If an offer is public, venkys may see it as a a.face saving way out.

But this needs to done now. Even though the transfer window is shut. New owners could sack kean. A better manager will give us a little chance of staying up.

I think the problem - as always - will be when the chicken-pluckers talk turkey. They will want far too much for the club.

I expect a proposal is being put together to eventually be discussed with the administrator. A very prudent idea, if my hunch is right, and one which might just save Blackburn Rovers FC.

If there is a group ready and able to buy the club. They should come out publicly, here and in India, and make an offer to buy the club.

Make it public, so that there can be no denial that an offer was made. If an offer is public, venkys may see it as a a.face saving way out.

But this needs to done now. Even though the transfer window is shut. New owners could sack kean. A better manager will give us a little chance of staying up.

Would you make an offer not knowing if the club is for sale, let alone the asking price.

Good business deals are mainly done when the buyer has the upper hand over the seller.

Why on earth would they sell now. Parachute payments, Samba, Hoilett and god knows who else they can flog in the summer.

Probably the best part of 40m inbound, even after clearing the debt their then in a position to make one hell of a profit on their investment by selling the shares even at 20m. I think. :unsure: Now that's saving face in the Indian business world.

As I side note, anyone know if the Pune academy has been put on hold or not.

Would you make an offer not knowing if the club is for sale, let alone the asking price.

Good business deals are mainly done when the buyer has the upper hand over the seller.

Why on earth would they sell now. Parachute payments, Samba, Hoilett and god knows who else they can flog in the summer.

Probably the best part of 40m inbound, even after clearing the debt their then in a position to make one hell of a profit on their investment by selling the shares even at 20m. I think. :unsure: Now that's saving face in the Indian business world.

was it ever started?

1328410960[/url]' post='1222417']

Not the case at all - the income is about right, but you are forgetting the expense side - if I can be so presumptuous as to quote myself from another thread:

1328211181[/url]' post='1221125']

Why does everyone say that? It is not that simple, and never was.

First off, the parachute payments don't come in a lump sum at the start of the season, they are paid out on the same schedule as the TV money is, which if I remember correctly is paid out in four spaced out intervals throughout the year.

Second, so long as the debt of the club is larger than the total of the first year's parachute payments (£16m total first year) there is no way Barclay's would ever allow that money out of the club, so Venkys would have to cook up a way to make it disappear somehow. Even in the event of a sale, as said, since the cash isn't a lump sum payment, anything that does come in will need to be used to pay for the day to day operating costs of the club, such as wages, maintenance, utilities, operating accounts payable, etc. etc.

It's not just a check written out to Mrs. Desai for £16m on August 1st.

I fully expect the Club to show only a minimal profit if any on the 2012 accounts based purely on player trading. We have the Phil Jones amd Kalinic transfers on this year's books, which if I remember correctly is about a £10m profit over the Yakubu and Dann transfers, and those were our major cash transactions. If we then count in Petrovic and Vukevic, we are down to about £5m. It also should be noted that the dreaded and controversial agents' fees are not in there and probably eat up that £5m easily if you take into account all of the 'free' transfers and contract renewals we've done.

Even if we sell Samba for Venkys full valuation (unlikely) and get a favorable arbitration decision on Hoilett's compensation, then we will have, say £17m. If that is all done before June 30th it will go on 2012's accounts as profit.

Then take into account less TV money this year due to being even lower in the table than last year, a declining gate turnover because of lower attendances, and you've quickly taken a big chunk out of that transfer profit as well.

Maybe we will see a £10m pretax profit, if everything goes quickly in the summer with Samba and Hoilett. Otherwise another loss. Add to that Barclays calling in much of that debt, especially if we are indeed relegated, and there will be jothing left for Venkys to "run off with."

There is no real "snatch and grab" opportunities there.

1328431240[/url]' post='1222432']

Dan, it depends on the difference between what we are led to believe players cost - and what they actually cost.

Fully agree, Stuart! Lots of "undisclosed" these days at the club...so it could be even worse - which just reinforces the point I am trying to make - there is no real opportunity for Venkys to run off with money.

Fully agree, Stuart! Lots of "undisclosed" these days at the club...so it could be even worse - which just reinforces the point I am trying to make - there is no real opportunity for Venkys to run off with money.

I'm sure these Agents all look after each other and their respective cash cows Dan. I mean the million we paid in Agents fees for 400k bench warmer Rochina, was that all to one party? After all he's a £5m pound player, Jerome Anderson told everyone on TalkSport. Then again, he's got previous in terms of doing things for free for Blackburn Rovers. What a guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Myles doesn't take home a wage either.

1328434060[/url]' post='1222439']

I'm sure these Agents all look after each other and their respective cash cows Dan. I mean the million we paid in Agents fees for 400k bench warmer Rochina, was that all to one party? After all he's a £5m pound player, Jerome Anderson told everyone on TalkSport. Then again, he's got previous in terms of doing things for free for Blackburn Rovers. What a guy. It wouldn't surprise me if Myles doesn't take home a wage either.

Absolutely, Bob. I'm sure there are 'brokerage fees', 'finder's fees', 'handling fees', and all manner of similar kickbacks going on between agencies. Technically, the £1.65m paid in Rochina's case was all paid to Rochina's agent, but I would find it impossible to believe that this was not redistributed and shared among 'interested parties'.

Absolutely, Bob. I'm sure there are 'brokerage fees', 'finder's fees', 'handling fees', and all manner of similar kickbacks going on between agencies. Technically, the £1.65m paid in Rochina's case was all paid to Rochina's agent, but I would find it impossible to believe that this was not redistributed and shared among 'interested parties'.

This is what I don't understand 'Ferrere Salamanca Manue'l is not registered with the FA so how could Rovers pay an unregistered agent directly, FA&PL rules they have to be registered.

1328443980[/url]' post='1222524']

This is what I don't understand 'Ferrere Salamanca Manue'l is not registered with the FA so how could Rovers pay an unregistered agent directly, FA&PL rules they have to be registered.

That would be the sort of direct question that could be asked of the FA, rather than a vague plea to investigate matters at the club. JA claims that he didn't receive anything from the club, and if you are indeed correct that Salamanca cannot legally be paid directly by the club...who was that agent's fee actually paid to then?

Yes he is, well, he's registered with FIFA (under OneOff Sports Agency, Barcelona) which is what matters.

Thought that would be the case. It'd be a bit ridiculous if every agent had to register with every FA to do any work there. Makes more sense to make it more important to be registered centrally to do international transfers.

Yes he is, well, he's registered with FIFA (under OneOff Sports Agency, Barcelona) which is what matters.

Edit:

Two hours reading the FA rules, seems that as long as the club or agent informs the FA and documents all transactions with licensed agents there is no problem.

I believe a consortium needs to be put together asap. If venkys all of a sudden decide to sell. The consortium would be ready to step in. If a consortium is not ready and venkys decide to sell. Another bad owner could come in, before the consortium are ready.

I do not know how these things work. But I suggest if the two Ian's got together, asked around other places. See what money could be raised and put together. Then re-test the waters, to see if venkys will sell.

The charity idea, all though very well put together, would be a minefield to put together. I just cannot see 16,000 rovers supporters puttimg in £10,000 or even £140 a month to buy the club. Too much to ask of many.

I believe a consortium needs to be put together asap. If venkys all of a sudden decide to sell. The consortium would be ready to step in. If a consortium is not ready and venkys decide to sell. Another bad owner could come in, before the consortium are ready.

I do not know how these things work. But I suggest if the two Ian's got together, asked around other places. See what money could be raised and put together. Then re-test the waters, to see if venkys will sell.

The charity idea, all though very well put together, would be a minefield to put together. I just cannot see 16,000 rovers supporters puttimg in £10,000 or even £140 a month to buy the club. Too much to ask of many.

I am of the opinion that mutual ownership would be the best way forward. See the new version of my proposal published today, here: Proposal

I am of the opinion that mutual ownership would be the best way forward. See the new version of my proposal published today, here: Proposal

Excellent idea. Haven't got time to read the proposal now but I think the fans owning a small share (say 20%) is the best way forward. I also believe that would be part of the two Ian's plan if they took over.

Also positive to hear in the podcast from Kamy that Battersby has had some success in re-opening communication with Venkys.

Excellent idea. Haven't got time to read the proposal now but I think the fans owning a small share (say 20%) is the best way forward. I also believe that would be part of the two Ian's plan if they took over.

Also positive to hear in the podcast from Kamy that Battersby has had some success in re-opening communication with Venkys.

Although frustrated and ###### off, I am totally however realistic and thankful for our recent past (20 years) but resigned to the fact that it's time to move on. I'm more concerned that BRFC have any future, hopefully in the Premier League but a future nonetheless. I think Wayne Wilde's blog regarding the decimal point was excellent and generally sums things up regarding football in general.

I would also like to correct the fact that to date IB has had no communication from Venkys despite trying consistently

Archived