BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby and Ian Currie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two Ians are Rovers fans and have been for a very long time. Not just Johnny come lately's looking to feather their own nest or boost their own self importance. Both are businessmen of high standing and should be given support should the question arise. IMHO

Makes sense why the Raos didn't want them on the Board then. Its like the Emperor's clothes at Ewood these days.

Would people accept a leveraged buy-out by a group led by Ian/Ian? You may be able to borrow £20m secured against Brockhall/Ewood. Its something that fans would be against if it was an outside investor, but in the dire situation we are in now it might be the only way a 'supporters' group could raise the finance.

Price and a willing seller are Key. We wish to save our club and heritage and protect it's future (137 years, generations and proud) Venkys I guess have been sold a pup in their eyes and couldn't give a monkeys now although I do believe that they genuinely bought the club with the very best of intentions initially. I hope they do the honourable thing and either back the club in the way that their PR suggested they would (bit late now) or if they do wish to remain honourable, gift the club back to the people of Blackburn with a generous donation to ensure it's immediate future. In other words make contact with Ian, Wayne or Dan.

Madam over to you and the boys!

WATR!

there may be a small , well informed group of people on this MB who know all about the 2 Ian's , unfortunately the rest of us no nowt about 'em , who are they? are they Rovers fans? whats their history/experience in football? how wealthy are they? what are they to gain? i know some are these questions may be a bit intrusive or ignorant , but you can't help fans being cautious of anybody riding in on a white horse to save us when the club is on its knees , i dont wish to sound negative and i certainly dont want Venkys to remain at the club but once bitten twice shy

You not listened to the podcast?

You not listened to the podcast?

Well said Boz.

I will go on record as saying I have known Ian Battersby for 30 plus years, there is NOBODY that holds BRFC at heart more than he. Forget the cynicism, he and Ian Currie have no other motive other than trying to save the club they love. They are not billionaires but know plenty that are. Listen to the podcast23 , ask any questions you may have but get behind them, Wayne and Dan.

WATR!

For once topmAn is right

Abbey and Topman

You cart on as is your prerogative.

Just out of interest, did you ever watch the film Life of Brian?

There was a great part of the movie sat in an amphitheater. ' What's PFJ? We're the people's front of judiah, are we not the popular people's front?........ What have the Romans ever done for us?...................roads, sanitation............!,

Do you consider that protests both inside or outside the ground have achieved any positives?

I understand frustrations but time to move on

Maybe, just maybe I am not getting the point of the protests or maybe I have a lack of understanding of the purpose and the end game, but to me, there seems to be no credible alternative to putting the full force of support behind the plan envisaged by Ian and Ian to move the club forwards. Having listened to the details of what has happened at Darlington, where the fans have now formed the first cooperative ownership of a club in this country, it seems that this is the way forward for a club like ours. Yes, we may not be able to attract big signings, yes we may get relegated but what we will have is a club that we can be proud of and that is run by the people for the people.

For once topmAn is right

THANKS ABBEY MEANS A LOT FROM U! RAAARGH.

@darren - I made reference to that line because it stuck out from the rest of your post and was made in bad taste. If you wanna discuss Battersby and Currie's possible (read: unlikely) takeover, then do so by all means. But don't use it as an excuse for a cheap dig at the protesters, who are the only ones who have actually made a stand against the state of this club (along with those boycotting).

Well said Boz.

I will go on record as saying I have known Ian Battersby for 30 plus years, there is NOBODY that holds BRFC at heart more than he. Forget the cynicism, he and Ian Currie have no other motive other than trying to save the club they love. They are not billionaires but know plenty that are. Listen to the podcast23 , ask any questions you may have but get behind them, Wayne and Dan.

WATR!

I agree, IF the 2 Ian's have the contacts and are able to put together a consortium which they would head then we have to get behind them.

I listened to the podcast that Ian was on and also the podcast that Daniel Louis Grabko did as well about his proposal for the Charitable Fund (by the way both podcasts were excellent).

Ian mentioned that IF venkys were willing to sell then he would be willing to help Venkys but I don't recall him saying that he would be in a position to buy the club or head a consortium to buy the club.

He also said that Venkys would need to be willing to sell the club but at the moment there is no indication that they would sell.

Dan mentioned in his podcast that so far no one has categorically said that want to buy the club and it would be interesting to see what Venkys reaction would be to a concrete bid.

If someone like Ian Battersby and Ian Currie came up with a viable bid to buy the club then I think the pressure on Venkys to sell would be huge but until someone comes forward with an offer to Venkys then the situation will never change.

I am in no position to give Mr Battersby any advice but as a fan (who knows nothing about stuff like this) I would like Mr Battersby and Mr Currie to come out and clearly state if they would be in a position to head a consortium to buy the club.

If they did this they would get my support (and I suspect a lot of other fans support) and it would also give fans some focus on what they can do to help the process of saving our club.

I would like Mr Battersby and Mr Currie to come out and clearly state if they would be in a position to head a consortium to buy the club.

If they did this they would get my support (and I suspect a lot of other fans support) and it would also give fans some focus on what they can do to help the process of saving our club.

I'll second that!

Ian mentioned that IF venkys were willing to sell then he would be willing to help Venkys but I don't recall him saying that he would be in a position to buy the club or head a consortium to buy the club.

Ian said he would be in a position to put a proposal, through his many business, to Venky's if they decided to sell. He also said he felt it would be his duty to do something if Venky's sold the club. Reading between the lines...

Ian said he would be in a position to put a proposal, through his many business, to Venky's if they decided to sell. He also said he felt it would be his duty to do something if Venky's sold the club. Reading between the lines...

I can't speak for anyone else but I am fed up of reading between the lines !!

All the media attention that the club has had over the last 12 months has highlighted what a dire situation we are in. The protests, meetings, action groups etc.. are all well and good (and I applaud everyone who has tried in there own way to do something) but what we need is a solution to the problem.

I know what the problems are at the club but so far I have only heard 1 solution to save the club and that was from Dan (Charitable Fund).

IF Mr Battersby is in a position to take the club over then this is also another solution...a very real solution that we can all get behind. IF this isn't a realistic option then the fans need to know this because there is no point supporting something that just isn't going to happen.

I'll second that!

And I'll third it!

Plus I imagine that it would also help in pulling together more supporters willing to contribute to the idea of a consortium.

I for one would be more inclined to stump up £s if Banger was seriously involved.

Abbey and Topman

You cart on as is your prerogative.

Just out of interest, did you ever watch the film Life of Brian?

There was a great part of the movie sat in an amphitheater. ' What's PFJ? We're the people's front of judiah, are we not the popular people's front?........ What have the Romans ever done for us?...................roads, sanitation............!,

Do you consider that protests both inside or outside the ground have achieved any positives?

I understand frustrations but time to move on

So let's. clear this up you don't like or approve of protests but you want to help promote a takeover bid? Is this not protesting against the venkys then? Hypocrisy I smell .

The way Venky's are though, publically announcing that you want to buy the club might mean they would refuse to do so.

They wouldnt want to lose face (how many times has that been said?)

Listening to the Podcast with Ian Battersby, it doesn't sound like much of what Venky's have done (if anything), has been in spite of logic and purely to save face.

What specific events might you be referring to there?

If it makes business sense to them then I don't think saving face would even enter the equation. They bought Rovers for business purposes and would sell for business purposes.

Listening to the Podcast with Ian Battersby, it doesn't sound like much of what Venky's have done (if anything), has been in spite of logic and purely to save face.

What specific events might you be referring to there?

If it makes business sense to them then I don't think saving face would even enter the equation. They bought Rovers for business purposes and would sell for business purposes.

Le Chuck I haven't a clue what you are eluding to. Please elaborate.....

Listen to the podcast23 and post appropriate questions relative to the discussion and they will be answered.

Not alluding to anything. Just stating that I don't think Venky's have stubborn purely to safe face so far, they're making bad decisions for other reasons.

The upshot being that Ian Battersby announcing intentions won't do any harm whatsoever. They're business people, if a proposal is put to them that makes business sense then they'll take it, regardless of 'face'.

So let's. clear this up you don't like or approve of protests but you want to help promote a takeover bid? Is this not protesting against the venkys then? Hypocrisy I smell .

Abbey for point of clarity I have never said I disapproved of protests because I fully understand and wholeheartedly understand and share everyone's annoyance and frustrations and the need to do something. The only point I would make is I do not approve of protests in the ground during a game. All that said, it's time to move on.

I can assure you one thing I am not is a hypocrite but I recommend you make an appointment with your GP regarding your sense of smell.

PFJ? No We Are The Rovers!

If that is the case we'll have problems. What is to stop them for looting the club for "business purposes"?

Why can't some billionare take over and start pouring money and make us like man city

No idea Spam. There are at least 12 billionaires who live on Nuttall Street, all Rovers daft as well. Maybe they're too busy reading your classic "This Player V This Player" thread. That's the problem with Spam, Spam, slows you right down. Look, I've just typed this post when I could have been doing my teeth. Anyway, Geese v Swans - who would win in a fight and would the FA deem it fit and proper?

Abbey for point of clarity I have never said I disapproved of protests because I fully understand and wholeheartedly understand and share everyone's annoyance and frustrations and the need to do something. The only point I would make is I do not approve of protests in the ground during a game. All that said, it's time to move on.

I can assure you one thing I am not is a hypocrite but I recommend you make an appointment with your GP regarding your sense of smell.

PFJ? No We Are The Rovers!

How can it be time to move on when Kean and Venkys are still here?

Archived