BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby and Ian Currie

And just what then is stopping us from doing something positive about our current situation and organizing a supporters' bid to either team with or independently make a bid for the club? Just the lack of willingness to take positive action? We are all protesting and not going to matches and promising not to put another penny into Venoys pockets. Why not use all that boycotted money to take back the club that should be ours?

I admire your persistance with this but you obviously are ignorant of who your average rovers fan is. It just won't happen.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just what then is stopping us from doing something positive about our current situation and organizing a supporters' bid to either team with or independently make a bid for the club? Just the lack of willingness to take positive action? We are all protesting and not going to matches and promising not to put another penny into Venoys pockets. Why not use all that boycotted money to take back the club that should be ours?

People do not have the funds. It is not a lack of desire, but money. Job market, economic climate. What people pay for a match ticket, spend on a pie and a few pints and even in the shop. Is nowt to the money that is needed to buy the club. Fantastic as your idea is. The reality is, folk do not have the money to do it. you only have to look at the attendences - even pre venkys. Not all matches were a sell out either, even though tickets are cheapest in the prem. Your family, home, jobs come before other things, such as football.

Rovers are dependant on somebody with money to buy the club coming in.

Yes, but if we were to be publicly put up for sale today with a relatively good chance of survivial(only just) with the right manager, don't you think there would be more than our two friends interested in bidding for the club? The best thing for the club probably would be the two Ian's.....but how many things have the venkys done in the best interests of the club?

First venkys have done nothing good for the club.

Second, look what interested buyers the club attracted last time. It beggars belief how the club managed pre-Jack Walker days. Hate to say it, but Rovers are not a huge attraction, no matter what league they are in. Yet as a club it has achieved more than most clubs. It has history most other club would envy. League, prem, fa cup, league cup - still the only club to win it 3 on the trot. No matter how good and proud a history the club has. It is for some reason not a big attraction outside of the area. It also has to compete with many other clubs local to it. (dam it I am opening the door to Lancashire Utd)

Ironically Man U are the opposite now. Not many could afford to buy that club, if the glaziers went. Maybe man city as well now. Chelsea may struggle as well to find a buyer if they were for sale.

It is easy saying there would be buyers out there if rovers were up for sale. But it is getting the right buyer that matters. Sadly not many of those about.

It is easy saying there would be buyers out there if rovers were up for sale. But it is getting the right buyer that matters. Sadly not many of those about.

what's your criteria for the right buyer PAFELL? Don't you believe that the Two Ian's are serious? I know we've not much to go on but I believe they're our best bet by a country mile.

First venkys have done nothing good for the club.

Second, look what interested buyers the club attracted last time. It beggars belief how the club managed pre-Jack Walker days. Hate to say it, but Rovers are not a huge attraction, no matter what league they are in. Yet as a club it has achieved more than most clubs. It has history most other club would envy. League, prem, fa cup, league cup - still the only club to win it 3 on the trot. No matter how good and proud a history the club has. It is for some reason not a big attraction outside of the area. It also has to compete with many other clubs local to it. (dam it I am opening the door to Lancashire Utd)

Ironically Man U are the opposite now. Not many could afford to buy that club, if the glaziers went. Maybe man city as well now. Chelsea may struggle as well to find a buyer if they were for sale.

Absolute bunkem. Do you seriously think that whilst up for sale under the Walker Trust there was nobody bidding for the football club. They would have had bids constantly from all sorts of of chancers and shysters....unfortunately Venkys have a plausible background and could seriously talk the talk it seems to get control. The trust fell for it and here we are.

Do you think that venkys will take the same care when selling? Russian Roulette time. Portsmouth have been chewed up and spat out by all sorts of dodgy feckers and history seems to be repeating itself. Milan Mandrich took no care when he sold up....

Absolute bunkem. Do you seriously think that whilst up for sale under the Walker Trust there was nobody bidding for the football club. They would have had bids constantly from all sorts of of chancers and shysters....unfortunately Venkys have a plausible background and could seriously talk the talk it seems to get control. The trust fell for it and here we are.

Do you think that venkys will take the same care when selling? Russian Roulette time. Portsmouth have been chewed up and spat out by all sorts of dodgy feckers and history seems to be repeating itself. Milan Mandrich took no care when he sold up....

Conjecture, conjecture.

Can you back anything up with fact?

IMO The Walker Trust would have tried their upmost to sell to somebody that would have carried on Jack's legacy. They misguidedly entrusted that with Venkys with best endeavours. They ballsed up and the rest we are all too familiar with.

Without stating the obvious, it's now about the present and whether we have a future or not. Venkys will go but unfortunately they hold all the aces whether we like it or not.

Conjecture, conjecture.

Can you back anything up with fact?

IMO The Walker Trust would have tried their upmost to sell to somebody that would have carried on Jack's legacy. They misguidedly entrusted that with Venkys with best endeavours. They ballsed up and the rest we are all too familiar with.

Without stating the obvious, it's now about the present and whether we have a future or not. Venkys will go but unfortunately they hold all the aces whether we like it or not.

Didn't you just repeat exactly what he said?

The Qataris. Cash is king.

Short termism Steve. Nobody is custom made.

The only long term sustainable answer to all this unfortunately is Lanky Utd. In the last two decades nobody has managed to come up with a realistic alternative. I no longer live in hope that anyone will. Shame cos we all support the cricket team don't we? ^_^

Short termism Steve. Nobody is custom made.

The only long term sustainable answer to all this unfortunately is Lanky Utd. In the last two decades nobody has managed to come up with a realistic alternative. I no longer live in hope that anyone will. Shame cos we all support the cricket team don't we? ^_^

Actually no, gordon. I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred. couldn't support anyone else.

Actually no, gordon. I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred. couldn't support anyone else.

But you don't support your local Yorkshire football team.

So maybe there's hope for your grandchildren!

If they played in blue and white (quarters); at Ewood Park in Blackburn; with a red rose for the badge; kept the Jack Walker stand and statue, I could possibly get behind a "Lancashire Rovers" team.

But that would be my final offer.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

The idea of Lancashire Rovers is pointless. It is never going to happen, and I for one will never want to see it happen.

The last ten years before the chicken burger family took charge, we proved that gates are irrelevant in terms of sustaining our football club. Merging the fans in Lancashire would only increase the gates (in theory, because in reality I can't see many Preston, Burnley and Blackpool fans looking forward to driving to Ewood park to watch Lancashire Rovers, can you?)

In a sense; no matter how bad Venkys are, we could be in a lot worse position. The fit and proper person test is useless, but at least we avoided Ali Syed... Alaxandre Gaydamak anyone? The Rao's have proven that having billionaire owners doesnt mean ######. Skint owners who care enough about the club to invest in the right management structure would be 1000% more useful than the Rao's.

If the Battersby-Currie combination has a chance of wrestling the club from the ignorant indians, maybe the future will be blue and white again. I for one will be a lot prouder on match days, and I certainly won't ever be in two minds to go or not. (Like I am every single home game these days)

what's your criteria for the right buyer PAFELL? Don't you believe that the Two Ian's are serious? I know we've not much to go on but I believe they're our best bet by a country mile.

Yes I do believe the two Ian's are serious.

But you don't support your local Yorkshire football team.

So maybe there's hope for your grandchildren!

If they played in blue and white (quarters); at Ewood Park in Blackburn; with a red rose for the badge; kept the Jack Walker stand and statue, I could possibly get behind a "Lancashire Rovers" team.

But that would be my final offer.

Cricket team's sort of different though. And there's little hope for my grandchildren, who will probably grow up either of fans of Nuremberg, or one of the 2 Munich teams. they are German. and if my other kids have kids with their current partners then one lot would suport some Korean team, one lot might be Geordie fans and the others, I hate to say , could easily turn out as Burnley fans.

Think he means us, Preston, Burnley, Chorley and all the smaller places in between. To cast the net wider than that would be ridiculous. Sorry - more ridiculous.

It could only be feasable without the tree dwellers

Cricket team's sort of different though. And there's little hope for my grandchildren, who will probably grow up either of fans of Nuremberg, or one of the 2 Munich teams. they are German. and if my other kids have kids with their current partners then one lot would suport some Korean team, one lot might be Geordie fans and the others, I hate to say , could easily turn out as Burnley fans.

Don't give up. Grandmothers wield considerable influence over their grandchildren. Take them to a few Rovers matches when they are young, ply them with sweets, and buy them a shirt and you'll be a good way there. Send cakes and pies with a photo of you and them at the Rovers match every Christmas and birthday. By the time they're 10, they'll be raging Rovers fans, regardless of nationality.

battersby and currie certainly seem to have the financial nouse about them, what with their career paths to date. the business that they are in would suggest to me that they do have the contacts that could feasibly make a play for rovers. if the chicken pluckers decided to sell/exit strategy...then qatari bid, with the local help of the two ians would be just the job.

come on, make it happen.

battersby and currie certainly seem to have the financial nouse about them, what with their career paths to date. the business that they are in would suggest to me that they do have the contacts that could feasibly make a play for rovers. if the chicken pluckers decided to sell/exit strategy...then qatari bid, with the local help of the two ians would be just the job.

come on, make it happen.

I agree with you .. Currie and Battersby should approach the Qatari's,Saudi,Oman or Kuwait .... draw up a consortium plan ... the funders hold majority ownership and Currie and Battersby sit on board ...and oversee british operation with a functional board oversee day to day running ..

Currie and Battersby can arrange more local programs ... image of funders improve ...community helped and we rise again ...

:rolleyes:

Archived