BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v QPR

Shabani

I have to agree with DE4life: only Kean can make 3 points feel like losing.

I knew I shouldn't have watched that 2nd half as my heart was racing for all the right reasons after a brilliant 1st half. We should've kept a clean sheet, and with proper management we would, as it would've given us some confidence going forward. Hoilett for Henley?!? Formica for Modeste?!? Those two substitions and whatever he said at half time ruined what looked to become a perfect saturday. Won't even bother to comment on what he should've done....

Well deserved MotM to N'Zonzi who also took his goal well, but MotM could easily have gone to the Yak as well. Not only did he score that all important 1st goal out of nothing, but his presence seemed to give the rest of the team belief and in the 1st half he hardly made a wrong move. Hanley deserves to be mentioned I feel - twice the defender Dann is.

We obvisouly need Samba playing again and forming a partnership with Hanley. As I've said before I really think Dann should be played at right back as he could do no worse than Orr who was a total liability today. We're still 18th and next up is Manchester City away. If there is a god: please make sure Kean is gone by then!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We win a match and I still feel like we've lost. (Please don't use that word again) off Steve Kean and (Please don't use that word again) off our ###### defence who can't go through a single ###### game without making an embarrassment of themselves.

Don't be fooled by the result in this game - we were poor for most of the first half and absolutely AWFUL in the second. We still look every inch a relegation team. QPR and Mark Hughes will be gutted they lost to us because we are turd.

what a load of rubbish. we played very very well in the 1st half. did you watch the game? we deserved to be 3 up so where you get that from is beyond me.

the turning point was when he took our best player off and put bambi on ice on. steve kean needs to realise his subs cost us a lot of points. i dont understand what he was thinking. even pederson ran over and had a right go at steve kean minutes after and then pointed at modeste.

overall im happy with the 3 points but it doesnt fell like we have just won

Another game won in spite of our useless manager's efforts. Our woeful defence is almost funny now.

I honestly thought they did ok first half , how can it go so wrong?

we just got three points yet i'm still depresed (yes i know the reasons why)

• Backroom

what a load of rubbish. we played very very well in the 1st half. did you watch the game? we deserved to be 3 up so where you get that from is beyond me.

the turning point was when he took our best player off and put bambi on ice on. steve kean needs to realise his subs cost us a lot of points. i dont understand what he was thinking. even pederson ran over and had a right go at steve kean minutes after and then pointed at modeste.

overall im happy with the 3 points but it doesnt fell like we have just won

Yes I watched the game. We deserved to be 3-0 up by virtue of having scored 3 goals but that's about it. QPR were the better team in the first half - but both teams were poor so that doesn't really say much.

Difference is we came out and somehow managed to play far worse in the second half whilst QPR played far better but paid the price for conceding goals too easily.

The end of match stats say it all.

Rochina has been rubbish and loses possession all the time. Not sure what Vukcevic has done wrong, I can only assume Kean wanted someone more dynamic. It was a terrible decision though, I'm not sure Henley retained possession once. I initially thought it was going to be Olsson pushed into midfield and Henley at left back, which might have made more sense.

Whatever luck we didn't have against Newcastle was given back (and then some) today.

Basically, any game we win seems like it will need to involve a mixture of Yakubu/lucky goals, plus desperate defending, poor opposition finishing and blind luck. That's not a recipe for safety.

rochina is OUR player though and has massive potential, so would have made more sense to give him a run out at 3-0 up, i also think rochina should be a forward not a midfielder/winger, modeste is just poor(good physical attributes but little ability).

• Backroom

Well it may not feel like it but we won and that's the main thing.

99% of us would have took 3-2 before the game so I'm happy with the result but the way it happens to me furthers the belief that we are done for.

-Today was polar opposite to Newcastle, clinical finishing won us the game basically despite an atrocious second half by all involved.

-Yakubu is just class in front of goal, that chip was masterful

-People are having a go at Modeste but he wasn't the problem, it was our approach to it that was.

Anyway Kean 1 - Hughes 0 :P :P :P

Yes I watched the game. We deserved to be 3-0 up by virtue of having scored 3 goals but that's about it. QPR were the better team in the first half - but both teams were poor so that doesn't really say much.

Difference is we came out and somehow managed to play far worse in the second half whilst QPR played far better but paid the price for conceding goals too easily.

The end of match stats say it all.

well we will agree to differ then. i thought we played very well 1st half

...and that second half shows why Kean is such a w)nk manager and why we are going down.

A cheery win however marred by another shocking second half performance and the worst substitution I can remember.

1 game less with Venkean.

Absolute "freak" show of a second half. We went from 16th to 18th without ever losing the lead and stay behind QPR and in the bottom 3 having been above Wolves at one point - all down to our inability to stop teams scoring.

WTF does Kean say in his half time team talks?

WTF did he leave Hoilett on for the start of the second half when he was hobbling for that last 10 minutes othe first?

WTF did he bring Formica off for a second striker at 3-0 up?

WTF did he go 4-4-2 and let us be overrun in midfield despite having bossed it in the first half?

All questions about Kean's tactics on the day. But not to worry, he'll bemoan the loss of Givet, Samba and probably Dunn (who was where by the way?). As will many posters.

Really disappointing as, right now, all the naysayers should be being made to eat their words after a fine 3-0 win, first clean sheet and great midfield performances from Lowe and N'Zonzi.

Three welcome points but the way Kean "organises" things a victory still feels like defeat. And we STILL need to score 3 to win a game! :wacko:

QPR were poor but were made to look great by our awful set-up. No way can the fans be blamed today.

Just got back. Played fine the first half, and OK in the second until for some unfathomable reason Kean took off Formica (who along with N'Zonzi and Lowe had been outstanding) and changed formation. Terrible decision.

Bright spots: N'Zonzi who had one of those games where he actually looked like the new Vieira, Lowe was excellent in his proper position (and to think some people on here would rather have seen Pedersen there! Lol), and Formica who battled well, retained possession and looked a much better option than Dunny.

Dull spots: Kean for the total ineptitude in the second half, and Pedersen who was so clearly and obviously the weakest link it was untrue - absolutely dire. Vukcevic deserves a chance because there's no way on God's green earth he can be worse.

Overall happy with the 3 points and think we just about deserved them, and the table now looks better in that it's 3 from 5 again.

• Backroom

No way can the fans be blamed today.

And they don't need to be the bottom line is we won against a relegation rival with a new manager who we believed would get one over on us

We were shocking second half but the fact is we won and I think we are overlooking that.

When we lose people are keen to emphasise that nothing else matters no matter how we played, the flipside of that is today.

• Backroom

Absolute "freak" show of a second half. We went from 16th to 18th without ever losing the lead and stay behind QPR and in the bottom 3 having been above Wolves at one point - all down to our inability to stop teams scoring.

WTF does Kean say in his half time team talks?

WTF did he leave Hoilett on for the start of the second half when he was hobbling for that last 10 minutes othe first?

WTF did he bring Formica off for a second striker at 3-0 up?

WTF did he go 4-4-2 and let us be overrun in midfield despite having bossed it in the first half?

All questions about Kean's tactics on the day. But not to worry, he'll bemoan the loss of Givet, Samba and probably Dunn (who was where by the way?). As will many posters.

Really disappointing as, right now, all the naysayers should be being made to eat their words after a fine 3-0 win, first clean sheet and great midfield performances from Lowe and N'Zonzi.

Three welcome points but the way Kean "organises" things a victory still feels like defeat. And we STILL need to score 3 to win a game! :wacko:

QPR were poor but were made to look great by our awful set-up. No way can the fans be blamed today.

Did you put us in your accumulator pal?

First half I thought we were the better side but only because we took our limited chances. QPR had plenty of chances themselves in the first half but really wasted them, for example that selfish bit of play by Taarabt. Second half QPR went up a gear or two and Rovers were all over the place.

A vital three points but once again I thought the game highlighted the tactical ineptness of Kean as manager, time and time again he shows he simply cannot counter tactical changes made during a game by the opposition manager.

And they don't need to be the bottom line is we won against a relegation rival with a new manager who we believed would get one over on us

We were shocking second half but the fact is we won and I think we are overlooking that.

When we lose people are keen to emphasise that nothing else matters no matter how we played, the flipside of that is today.

You're right Tom. As I said it's 3 welcome points but the nature of it is very disheartening. But our goal difference could crucial at the end of the season.

As you sat when we lose people are keen to emphasise a good performance (e.g. the Newcastle game - although I didn't agree) so I will take my leave to say what I see, think and feel about a poor second half capitulation. Someone said I was exactly the same as Wolves last season and but for some poor finishing by QPR, it was almost the same as Norwich away. A draw that felt like a defeat.

Well the clown Kean almost contrived to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory with his usual bizarre substitutions.

First half, combination of Rovers playing well, enjoying the run of the ball and an absolute dire QPR. Thought midfield functioned much better with Lowe holding and Nzonzi more advanced.

Second half was shambolic. replacing Hoilett with a full back - can someone explain that - and then pulling off Formica who was having a very good match.

With a half decent manager, I'm sure Rovers have enough to say up but with Kean as manager, might be a bridge too far.

Anyhow, a welcome and much needed three points. Time for a few bevvies in celebration.

Heard two very interesting stories about Samba and Slew but that's for tomorrow or Monday !

I cannot ever remember leaving the ground feeling angry after we have won.

This game proved beyond any doubt Steve Kean is an utterly incompetent manager. On the basis of his substitutions I can only imagine he was under instruction to lose the match.

Pedersen, Nzonzi and Yakubu all told him in no uncertain terms what the problem was and he took no notice.

Idiot

I cannot ever remember leaving the ground feeling angry after we have won.

This game proved beyond any doubt Steve Kean is an utterly incompetent manager. On the basis of his substitutions I can only imagine he was under instruction to lose the match.

Pedersen, Nzonzi and Yakubu all told him in no uncertain terms what the problem was and he took no notice.

Idiot

To avoid it being overlooked, could one of the mods pin Paul's post to each subsequent page of the thread please.

Rovers dominated v newcaste, there for the taking, ye did not put chances away. (look at newcastle today 4 down before ht) But lost. Today QPR dominated yet Rovers won. Strange game. Holiett was injured so took him off. Taking Formica off was a strange one.

Lowe now banned for two matches, due to 10th yellow card. Just happy we won.

Archived