BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v QPR

Shabani

Isn't it a crying shame that lurkers like you suddenly come out the woodwork when we finally win a game?

Please read my other response upon the misreading of my statement.

It reads: I am sad that almost all (including me) can see the constant flaws, DESPITE getting three valuable points.

I, and most/all would love to see real advancement i.e. Kean showing he is learning from past errors.

Sadly he is not.

As for coming out of woodwork when we win a game. I have been around since 1963, so I have seen, witnessed and attended all the very lows of BRFC in much of my lifetime. So I can assure you that the current demise is not so great a pain to me, in relativity terms. It's about keeping things in perspective.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about that, you misread my comment/s.

You will note I said all postings pretty much as I expected i.e. SK is not a manager. He can organise teams against dustbins and cones, but when he is against a real live manager he is exposed.

In saying: Even despite getting the points it is sad that all posters (yourself and myself included) can see the 'flaw'.

I obviously took your comment out of context. You are right, it is sad to not be able to enjoy the win without also worrying about the rest of the season.

Excellent first half which illustrated there is still hope of survival followed by a second half which illustrated that survival is still unlikely.

Today I thought Kean was totally out of his depth with both tactics and substitutions in the second half. To go with two up top was a poor decision which almost cost us. It handed the midfield to QPR with Yakubu and Modeste - and what a distinctly average player he looks - becoming increasingly isolated.

A 3-0 win would have taken us out of the bottom three but instead we gift the opposition the goals they needed to keep above us. Indeed, even 3-1 would have put us above QPR but our inability to keep a clean sheet cost us dear.

Good to see Ryan Nelsen make his debut for Spurs today. What was it Kean was saying about him being weeks away from playing?

Ok then why does the 2nd half matter more than the first? Our performance in the first half had more positive than our performance in the second half had negatives, so overall can't we be positive? As I said in my previous post its pretty much insane to expect us to continue things in the same manner after going 3-0 up in 45 minutes, football just doesn't work like that.

Yes we should have closed the game out better, but I distinctly remember most fans complaining massively when Allardyce did that against the likes of Wolves and Burnley a couple of seasons ago. Kean went 4-4-2, as most fans also bang on about, and it allowed them to take control of the midfield. Its not the end of the world, QPR hardly peppered Robinson and but for an atrocious error by Orr wouldn't have even come close.

As I said, confidence is crucial from now until the end of the season. Our fans panicking and transmitting nervousness to the players when we're 2 or 3 goals ahead is just ridiculous IMO.

I used to think your username was sarcastic. Now I think you ARE Steve Kean's hypnotoad.

This happens everytime we grab a flukey win. 'Enjoy the result! Back the team! etc." And then when it's business as usual under Kean, you won't say a dickie bird. How on earth can you expect fans to get excited over the occasional three points when the club is still rotten from top to bottom? Is that suddenly incidental? Or is it because fans like you can't see past their own nose?

A much needed 3 points was garnered today ...I wasn't expecting victory before the game , but we won and I am thankful..

But to have any chance of achieving a stay of execution from the drop KEAN has to be SACKED , he proved yet again today he is out of depth ..

His 2nd half substitions handed back the initiative to QPR ...Lucky in the end to win , but 3 points more on the board...

So what about the great Mark Hughes? Kean put a team out that beat Sparky's. Ok, they scored two in the second half, but we scored three in the first!

Kean picked a team that destroyed Hughes' in the first half; Hoilett got injured, Orr made a terrible blunder, the players were unbelievably nervous and Kean coached them through it. I watched him do it!

We won the bloody game! What does that say about Kean? What does it say about Hughes?

How did Orr play?

Thought he got forward very well and made some good headed clearences here and there, his positioning was very suspect at times though, on that showing I would say his positioning is only a slight improvement on playing lowe there which is worrying.

But I thought we looked far stronger with n'zonzi and lowe partnership. But I feel when givet is back or samba pulls his head out of his backside we need to push dann far away from the team I think he just makes our defence look worse and less robust than it has been, no urgency about him.

But I think a samba, hanley/givet partnerhsip with orr and olsson either side with lowe in the middle could make is a much stronger team.

Kean is an absolute master of disaster.

Rovers, coasting 3-0 go into the half time talk thinking how good it is to be out of the bottom 4, how good it is to hear another team booed off the pitch and that there would definately be no sign of a hairdryer in the dressing room.

They come out and straight away as a fan there was a really negative feeling about Ewood. The team that went in at half time were most definately not the same that came out, something had happened and something was missing.

I really do question what Kean had delivered in his half time tea intake, or what he put in the players minds because it simply wasnt productive to on pitch matters. The confidence had disappeared, nervousness was abound and not one player was prepared to put his foot on the ball.

I dont think I saw one positive thing in the second half. More to the point I would like answers to the following:

What message did Kean send to the players at half time ?

why did he take Formica off when he was so comfortably running Rovers offensive play more to the point why put young Henley in midfield?

What on earth possessed him to go 4-4-2 while we are coasting in a must win game where the goal difference was such an important issue after last weeks anhilation?

Why Modeste alongside The Yak when we so clearly needed a midfielder on the park ?

What instructions did he give MGP because he was dross at best in the second half ?

Why does the team not know just to close a game out ? We sit back and invite pressure which leads to us conceding goals its been the same all season and still we havent learned.

I really do wonder how we can survive after today. I am like others, glad at the result but it really does annoy me when I see just how much the ineptness of the manager nearly costs us the points but more importantly sees us still in the bottom 3 because of an inability to keep a clean sheet.

Steve Kean your a bloody moron, not a saviour, not liked and your most definately never going to convince a Rovers man that you can successfully manage a Rovers team. I want you out, I loathe you more than anyone related to claret and blue and for me you are a disgrace of a human being. You make me sick with your smirk, your football knowledge is lacking, you have no motivational skills and on top of all that you are a complete ar$e.

Leave now and take the venky scum with you.

• Backroom

Yakubu's chip would have been one of the better goals I've ever seen had it creeped in, masterful stuff.

And that was the only highlight of the second half

I obviously took your comment out of context. You are right, it is sad to not be able to enjoy the win without also worrying about the rest of the season.

Thanks for that, a real common sense polite poster.

As for the other guy with the disrespectful comment, he needs to take a step back and consider how he enters into debates on forums. We all have opinion and all are valid, but some who post are of the mind that anyone who doesn't agree, is wrong and is fair game for abuse.

So what about the great Mark Hughes?

Kean put a team out that beat Sparky's. Ok, they scored two in the second half, but we scored three in the first!

Kean picked a team that destroyed Hughes' in the first half; Hoilett got injured, Orr made a terrible blunder, the players were unbelievably nervous and Kean coached them through it. I watched him do it!

We won the bloody game! What does that say about Kean? What does it say about Hughes?

It says Hughes hasn't had enough time and that Kean should go back to handing round the oranges at half time and keep his mouth shut.

• Backroom

So what about the great Mark Hughes? Kean put a team out that beat Sparky's. Ok, they scored two in the second half, but we scored three in the first!

Alright Steve, calm down pal.

As for the other guy with the disrespectful comment, he needs to take a step back and consider how he enters into debates on forums. We all have opinion and all are valid, but some who post are of the mind that anyone who doesn't agree, is wrong and is fair game for abuse.

Says the guy whose first post was to make a generalization about the fans. Don't try to take the moral highground here, fella.

Ok then why does the 2nd half matter more than the first? Our performance in the first half had more positive than our performance in the second half had negatives, so overall can't we be positive? As I said in my previous post its pretty much insane to expect us to continue things in the same manner after going 3-0 up in 45 minutes, football just doesn't work like that.

No! We almost threw all of the good work away! Why can't you see this?

Of course football can work like that. It's called getting the tactics right, getting the substitutions right. Team with proper managers close out games all the time. However, we don't have any experience in our team to enable us to do this so we should have continued in the same way as the first half. Why is it that every second half is the same? Kean's half time team talks must be awful.

We won because we scored 3 goals and because QPR were poor. We cannot and will not do this every game. It's why we are still in the bottom three. A clean sheet today would have meant 16th instead of being in the bottom 3. Now that is where the psychology kicks in.

Yes we should have closed the game out better, but I distinctly remember most fans complaining massively when Allardyce did that against the likes of Wolves and Burnley a couple of seasons ago. Kean went 4-4-2, as most fans also bang on about, and it allowed them to take control of the midfield. Its not the end of the world, QPR hardly peppered Robinson and but for an atrocious error by Orr wouldn't have even come close.

As I said, confidence is crucial from now until the end of the season. Our fans panicking and transmitting nervousness to the players when we're 2 or 3 goals ahead is just ridiculous IMO.

Ah, so it IS the fans fault. I knew it. :rolleyes:

What message did Kean send to the players at half time ?

By his own admission, "we told the boys you don't get any points at half time, QPR will come out and have a go."

Steve, try:-

Fantastic half, really battered them. More of the same again in the second, a fourth or fifth will put this beyond any doubt so same approach but lets keep it tight, play our football in a neat and professional manner and no showboating or big risks. One more and its in the bag. Full 45 to get it, lets keep the possesion, don't give them any time on the ball and wait for the gaps to open up.

Good work.

With all due respect (and I mean it).

Relegation is determined over a season not 90+. (Games last 90 mins +inj time).

What it says is that for that particular game SK as a manager gained a victory over MH as a manager. That's it.

Does not prove that SK is a better man than MH. Neither would a win by MH mean the reverse. It's just one game in a season.

Please, please don't read this as another dig at SK, it's not.

It's my opinion that SK is certainly not Prem Mngr material. He may not even be Champs, or Div 1 mat'l either - I don't know.

I and many would give a great deal to have been proven wrong in our opinion, this for the good of BRFC. However, I am seeing nothing that indicates this is so. Certainly not for this season at least.

If we stay up, will I think diferently and see him as a good manager - no, because his track record with us is apalling.

If he stays on and performs next season to either 1) take us to top of Champs, or 2) deliver mid table in Prem. I will gladly admit and accept he has developed manager credentials.

Says the guy whose first post was to make a generalization about the fans. Don't try to take the moral highground here, fella.

With regard to 'making generalisations', please read consider and percentage the posters who hold concerns despite the (very much appreciated) 3 points. That would be a straw poll in politics, not generalising.

Great to win. But still concede too easily.

Relegation is a certainty umless we keep clean sheets.

Why henley to replace junior? Does simon actually exist?

Plus point for me today was Lowe. Should be in that position permanently. Thought his distribution was quality.

He wasn't making that generalization about the fans; read the whole first post and don't stop after the part you quoted, and that becomes very clear. He even clarified it further in a later post.

Great first half, very poor second half in which we were guilty of sitting back far too much, it was Sunderland away all over again.

Overall though, an invaluable three points and I thought QPR were slightly flattered by the late second goal which made the scoreline look tighter than the overall play might have suggested. Overall imo we looked much the better of the two sides and who wouldn't have taken a 3-2 win before kick off?

People complain about what Kean might have said at half time and blame the QPR fightback on him without giving him any credit whatsoever for the fact we got three goals up in the first place. I'd settle for a 3-0 lead at half time and a lazy second half every day of the week as long as we won frankly.

A special mention must go to Formica for me. It's rumoured he is homesick and wants to leave but nevertheless he is in the team and never fails to run his socks off or battle for every ball. That is the way to conduct yourself. Mr. Samba take note.

He wasn't making that generalization about the fans; read the whole first post and don't stop after the part you quoted, and that becomes very clear. He even clarified it further in a later post.

I have personally apologized to said member for any misunderstanding.

Archived