BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v QPR

Shabani

Just got back. Played fine the first half, and OK in the second until for some unfathomable reason Kean took off Formica (who along with N'Zonzi and Lowe had been outstanding) and changed formation. Terrible decision.

Formica did have an ok game - but had struggled in the second half. We were struggling to hold the ball up - so personally I was pleased to see him bring another forward on. In hindsight was it the right decision - we won - so I guess it was :-)

If anything it shows how much we are suffering for the owners not loaning a better quality forward - Modeste does show some promise - but really we needed somebody who would have come in an made an immediate impact.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I watched the game. We deserved to be 3-0 up by virtue of having scored 3 goals but that's about it. QPR were the better team in the first half - but both teams were poor so that doesn't really say much.

Difference is we came out and somehow managed to play far worse in the second half whilst QPR played far better but paid the price for conceding goals too easily.

The end of match stats say it all.

QPR dominated the whole match according to the stats.

did anybody really think that QPR would lie down in the second half with Hughes as manager. He would have tore into his side at half time and given them the right encouragement.

Kean though must go. It will not happen though. So just thankful for 3 pts.

did anybody really think that QPR would lie down in the second half with Hughes as manager. He would have tore into his side at half time and given them the right encouragement.

To me this is a very basic element of football and if a significant proportion of our support can't grasp it and want to complain their heads off anyway then more fool them. Mark Hughes is a brilliant manager, we know from his time at Rovers that his teams can transform at half-time, in his honeymoon period he will win more games than he loses.

The 2nd half was always gonna be backs to the wall so stop moaning about it! It got closer than it probably should have but we won, thats the only thing that matters when you're trying to survive. The first half we were phenomenal and I'm glad N'Zonzi shut a few knockers up, he was excellent for most of the match.

Postings pretty much as I expected.

Isn't it a crying shame that despite obtaining 3 crucial points, we still can see reasons NOT to be cheerful.

Looking at it objectively, we all seem to be seeing it the same way. The lads go out and put a performance in (for 45 mins).

Three goals gained by; a proven goal scorer, a timely foray by a midfielder into the shooting zone, and a 'reverse of luck' (ala Newcastle) lucky goal.

Without that third one going in, I am thinking we may have now been sat looking at at least two, if not three points lost/gifted again.

So in terms of 'curses what luck' he (SK) should be mightily thankful.

Alas yet again he weaves his incredulous 'player swap' spell and throws everything into disarray. Yet again we see a manager (MH) against a coach.

Again, this was a poor team we were playing against today (relegation fodder). For me, first half we matched them, and maybe more. But second half was almost like being back at Emirates.

There is no leadership qualities on the field when things 'turn against us'. There's desperation and bodies/legs flung and hoofs upfield. But calm, measured, organised resilience is what's needed and this is what is now missing.

Time and time again we see tactics determined where we gift the opposition the middle third of the park, and that is where the damage is done against us. Then its 'the alamo' on our 18 yd defensive line.

No change from me then. I still think it's very much touch and go on relegation, and by that I mean we need three other teams to cock up big style. I do not see us playing ourselves out of trouble.

Steve Kean is such an amateur. He made the most reckless substitutions at 3-0 up. If the game had gone on any longer, I've no doubt we would have lost it! All the next goals would have gone QPR's way and it would have been completely down to Kean and his decision making (This is the worrying part). Thankfully we ran out of time after Kean pressed his self-destruct button. It's no wonder we don't ever keep a clean sheet, he's absolutely clueless!

Isn't it a crying shame that despite obtaining 3 crucial points, we still can see reasons NOT to be cheerful.

Isn't it a crying shame that lurkers like you suddenly come out the woodwork when we finally win a game?

Right haven't read anything on here yet but listened to the first half in the car and watched the second half on the computer.

1. We have an ongoing problem with poor defensive headers falling dangerously at the edge of the box. It's been going on all season. The defenders need to practice how to generate more power.

2. I know that Kean is a poor manager but today he descended to a new low. First substitution forced by injury but why why why would anybody with aspirations to be a manager make another substitution with the score 3-0 in our favour? Lunacy! The onus today was on QPR to change players / tactics cos they desperately needed to make something happen. Once that is done we then have the option to counter their tactical switch. In tennis I think this would be deemed an unforced error.

Of course we can. We are in the bottom three and our next match is City away. Nobody on here is unhappy with the win today. However, Kean can still manage to annoy us all come rain, sun or shine or, indeed, win, lose or draw.

myself and most of the folks sitting around me also thought is was unfathomable, in taking mauro off. taking him off provided us with no 'runner' between the midifelders and striker. the formation that we ended the first half with, is what we should have carried on with, but going 2 upfront and changing the shape allowed them back into the game.they went narrower and capitalised on the error that steve kean made by changing his tactics.

that being said, i am just happy for the 3 points.

it does however, leave questions to be raised of 2what was the need to change something after the half that was clearly, clearly not broken"?

Formica did have an ok game - but had struggled in the second half. We were struggling to hold the ball up - so personally I was pleased to see him bring another forward on. In hindsight was it the right decision - we won - so I guess it was :-)

If anything it shows how much we are suffering for the owners not loaning a better quality forward - Modeste does show some promise - but really we needed somebody who would have come in an made an immediate impact.

Sorry DMTP, this is one of your poorer posts.

First: we won so it was the right decision?? You realise that the move very nearly cost us and, but for some poor finishing from QPR, would have. That's head in the sand stuff (at worst) and, hopefully, surely firmly tongue in cheek (at best).

Second: not loaning a better quality forward? We scored three goals! Our problem is not scoring it the fact that we've gone 10 months without keeping a clean sheet.

I'm actually hoping you are going to cry "gotcha" after me making this post...

A much needed 3 points was garnered today ...I wasn't expecting victory before the game , but we won and I am thankful..

But to have any chance of achieving a stay of execution from the drop KEAN has to be SACKED , he proved yet again today he is out of depth ..

His 2nd half substitions handed back the initiative to QPR ...Lucky in the end to win , but 3 points more on the board...

Isn't it a crying shame that lurkers like you suddenly come out the woodwork when we finally win a game?

You're acting like he's wrong to be happy following a win.

Anyway it was a real game of 2 halves, some awful decisions from Kean(Henley RM???) and Pedersen was the best player, albeit for QPR.

Nzonzi- man of the match first half, totally invisible second half!

I saw him do more than most in the second half. N'Zonzi seems to get stick because Kean puts him with 3 other midfielders who are as fragile and defensively incompetent as they come. He can't do it all by himself no matter how hard he tries.

Disappointing to see such a negative reaction to an absolutely vital win from the fans. I think being in the DE must act as a cocoon from the relentless negativity of the rest of the ground. Was quite shocked to come on here and see the fans aren't jubilant about a priceless 3 points. I hope the players are, they need to draw as much confidence and feel-good factor out of today as they can get.

I saw him do more than most in the second half. N'Zonzi seems to get stick because Kean puts him with 3 other midfielders who are as fragile and defensively incompetent as they come. He can't do it all by himself no matter how hard he tries.

Disappointing to see such a negative reaction to an absolutely vital win from the fans. I think being in the DE must act as a cocoon from the relentless negativity of the rest of the ground. Was quite shocked to come on here and see the fans aren't jubilant about a priceless 3 points. I hope the players are, they need to draw as much confidence and feel-good factor out of today as they can get.

How can ANYONE draw any confidence from that second half?

We have to score three goals to win a game - big ask for a young team.

Radio Rovers after the game were talking about the lack of experience in the side. Whose bloody fault is that?

Great, we won but the manner of it is distinctly uninspiring. At 3-1 I was so nervous that we would concede a second and have backs to the wall. As it was they got the second too late for them but I could barely watch the QPR corner in injury time.

3-0 and I'm cautiously pleased at a job well done

3-1 and I'm disappointed that we didn't get that clean sheet but ultimately it's a result to draw some heart from.

Conceding 2 and being overrun for 45 minutes, sorry I can't just happy clap along.

Of course we can. We are in the bottom three and our next match is City away. Nobody on here is unhappy with the win today. However, Kean can still manage to annoy us all come rain, sun or shine or, indeed, win, lose or draw.

Sorry about that, you misread my comment/s.

You will note I said all postings pretty much as I expected i.e. SK is not a manager. He can organise teams against dustbins and cones, but when he is against a real live manager he is exposed.

In saying: Even despite getting the points it is sad that all posters (yourself and myself included) can see the 'flaw'.

I am new to you on this sight, but if you view 'Despair' on Footymad you will see what my clear thoughts are on Venkys and Kean, and have been so since about mid Jan 2011.

Where was Dunn today - injured ?

Retained some fitness and some form over recent matches, 'earns' a new contract and then possibly injured. Haven't we been here before with a number of players ?

Was quite shocked to come on here and see the fans aren't jubilant about a priceless 3 points.

I'm not surprised you are surprised with things if you just make stuff up.

All the fans ARE happy at the win. They all wanted us to win 3 points.

They are NOT happy at the performance in the second half, nor poor tactics/crap substitutions. They are not happy that Kean is a rubbish manager.

Is it so hard to understand that?

How can ANYONE draw any confidence from that second half?

We have to score three goals to win a game - big ask for a young team.

Radio Rovers after the game were talking about the lack of experience in the side. Whose bloody fault is that?

Great, we won but the manner of it is distinctly uninspiring. At 3-1 I was so nervous that we would concede a second and have backs to the wall. As it was they got the second too late for them but I could barely watch the QPR corner in injury time.

3-0 and I'm cautiously pleased at a job well done

3-1 and I'm disappointed that we didn't get that clean sheet but ultimately it's a result to draw some heart from.

Conceding 2 and being overrun for 45 minutes, sorry I can't just happy clap along.

Ok then why does the 2nd half matter more than the first? Our performance in the first half had more positive than our performance in the second half had negatives, so overall can't we be positive? As I said in my previous post its pretty much insane to expect us to continue things in the same manner after going 3-0 up in 45 minutes, football just doesn't work like that.

Yes we should have closed the game out better, but I distinctly remember most fans complaining massively when Allardyce did that against the likes of Wolves and Burnley a couple of seasons ago. Kean went 4-4-2, as most fans also bang on about, and it allowed them to take control of the midfield. Its not the end of the world, QPR hardly peppered Robinson and but for an atrocious error by Orr wouldn't have even come close.

As I said, confidence is crucial from now until the end of the season. Our fans panicking and transmitting nervousness to the players when we're 2 or 3 goals ahead is just ridiculous IMO.

Archived